Idaho Trip

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Lidhead, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Lidhead

Lidhead n00b

Oddometer:
    Sorry about the confusion. I just want to say HI, and that I had a great time in Idaho riding a motorcycle. We arrived in Missoula to rent bikes, and rode down to Lolo. We left at 3:30, and stopped at the Idaho border. It seemed that we were going up hill since we left Lolo and when we got to the border we were at 5,390 elevation. Leaving the information center we hit a 6% downhill grade, and saw a sign that said curves for the next 99 miles. The curves and scenery were breathtaking. The road followed a river, so there were plenty of curves. We stopped a couple of times for water breaks, and we should have stopped more, as we were severely dehydrated. We stopped at a gas station in Kooskia to get some Gatorade, and to get off the bikes.
    That was the first 6 hours of our ride in Idaho. We had a week to complete a loop back to Missoula. The rides and scenery were amazing, except the last day when it was 39 degrees and raining. Warm Lake road was probably my favorite ride of the trip.
    tominboise, N-Id-Jim and td63 like this.
  2. td63

td63 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    With the days growing short, cold and grayer, many of us locals are saving our money to get out! ;)

Looks like a great trip!
  3. 4r22mny

4r22mny Old n' Slow

Oddometer:
    Link??
    orv likes this.
  4. Lidhead

Lidhead n00b

Oddometer:
    I cannot add the link to the article (blog?) I had written do to Rule #7. I can say that I would really love to go back. The scenery and people are amazing, and if you go make time to hit the hot springs. Also, buy good waterproof gear. We hit a major rain storm, and the temperature dropped from 70 degrees down to 39 degrees. That was one cold ride!
  5. Gildus

Gildus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice first six hours!

Beautiful scenery coming over Lolo pass and down the Clearwater...following in the footsteps of Louis & Clark.
  6. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    Glad you found Warm Lake Road. It is indeed a gem, unless you get stuck behind slow trucks, as not many places to pass safely. One of the best roads in Idaho for sure.
  7. Duanob

Duanob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Idaho has phenomenal riding from what I've seen and I haven't even scratched the surface. Now that i live close by I can't wait to get out more to the panhandle and central ID.
  8. Desertskyy

Desertskyy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So Cal-Ventura County and Boise Idaho area
    Did someone say Warm lake Idaho

Adventure riding and adventure fishing

Attached Files: