If Idaho is so great, prove it!!!

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Rockies' started by Taurkon, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Taurkon

Taurkon Long timer

Oddometer:
    ** This is a repost. I believe I originally put it in the wrong category (GPS Tracks - West & PNW)

Hey guys, looking for some good adventure tracks for a summer trip. My wife and I ride a 990A and F650Gs.

I've heard that Idaho has some of the best off road riding in N.America and we are looking for some good gravel, dirt, and double track routes in Idaho. We typically have fully loaded bikes with all our gear (two weeks of clothing, camping gear, and a few days of food). This type of packing excludes us from single track and steep, rough double track stuff.

If you have tracks, or even suggestions, I'd appreciate you pass them along.

Cheers!
    Taurk
  2. byways

byways byways

Oddometer:
    This would get you started on discovering the Gem State.

This one, too.
  3. Taurkon

Taurkon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Muchly appreciated. First glance, and they look good! :D
  4. His Pistolship

His Pistolship Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer:
    There is the famous Tour of Idaho. Tour of Idaho 1 will probably be too gnarly for your bike setup, but Tour of Idaho 2 is more suited for the bigger bikes. Tour of Idaho 2 goes east/west across the lower portion of Idaho, which is almost all desert with some pretty mountain passes thrown in.

Tour of Idaho 1 goes south to north and is 1300 miles - takes most folks atleast 5 days to do.

Here is a link to the creators website:

http://motorcyclejazz.com/TID.htm

If you search this forum you can find gps tracks for both routes.

I am from eastern Idaho (Idaho Falls), and I think that part of the state has the best riding. I don't have any GPS tracks as of yet, but I do have some ride reports. There is a massive network of dirt roads all through Idaho. You couldn't do them all in one summer.
  5. His Pistolship

His Pistolship Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer:
  6. Taurkon

Taurkon Long timer

Oddometer: