If You’re Going to Ride Coast to Coast, You’ve Got to Start at the Coast

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by EvilClown, Jul 16, 2008.

1. ZaethDekar

ZaethDekar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The view point for the first photo is Cape Horn. I drive by it every day for work.

As for the Dam it is Bonneville Dam and Locke. Generates around 1,000,000 kW of electricity.

Also just wanted to say that I have enjoyed your RR. Luckly with my work I have quite a bit of free time to look around online and so thats what I have been spending my time on. Thank you for taking the time to write it.
  2. goodolguzzi

goodolguzzi Guzzen around the hood

Oddometer:
    :thumb Nice! First post and it's here :clap
    Thanks for the photo info.....that's a horrible commute you have :lol3
  3. goodolguzzi

Oddometer:
    So anywhoo...............
    I think i'm onto July 2nd, which happened to be a Wednesday....When do i need to be home?
    Preferably Saturday the 5th since i'm supposed to be to work on Monday the 7th.....How far am I from Maine?
    .....4 days from Montana.....oh my!
    Start singin' "i've gots a long way to go and a short time to get there......"

Just before i rolled out about 8:30......not to bad since i wobbled in about 2:30 :lol3

[​IMG]

I took 308 from Red Lodge to Belfry, up 72 towards Bridger and then 310 back into wyoming to Lovell where i picked up 14A through the Bighorn National Forest

[​IMG]

This could get fun.....yeah that's the road :D

[​IMG]

If I remember correctly, it was a very chilly morning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stay deer.....please....stay....good deer!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once i got to Ranchester Wyoming, I slabbed it through Gillette and onwards to Moorcroft.
    Not proud of the slab....but unfortunately there will be more.
    Once in Moorcroft, the roads got fun again, 14 to 24 to get to.....I can almost see it

[​IMG]

That's better

[​IMG]

July calender shot

[​IMG]

Gotsta have the red headed step child in there :norton

[​IMG]

I think ya buddy was here yesterday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My visit to the tower was probably the quickest ever....I was running out of vacation.
    Gotta keep on Guzzen......Back on 14 to Sundance.....argh more slab to Spearfish.....I think Deadwood sounds like a good spot for the evening. Once in Spearfish i was rewarded with the magnificent 14A, or the spearfish canyon rd.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did not suck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This fun route led me right to the Deadwood KOA

[​IMG]

Home sweet home

[​IMG]

Nice neighborhood

[​IMG]

July 2nd stats

435 gps miles
    99.4 mph max
    70.3 mph moving average
    4759 aveerage elev.
    9410 max elev.
    3453 min elev.
    207 miles climb
    227 miles descending
    35,500 vertical feet
  4. EvilClown

EvilClown Reality show stunt double Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    :clap

Good timing, Don! Was just thinking today, since I have some recuperating to do tomorrow, I should see if I can't hammer out an ending to this thing (my portion) before the next big ride.:lol3
  5. goodolguzzi

Oddometer:
    Recuperating?
    I hope all is well and it's just from riding all weeekend!
    Saturday was a SICK spring day on the hill.....day 53 :D
    835,000 vertical feet this season....so far :lol3
  6. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:

:lol3

Good to see the two of you back. :clap

It looks like you might actually get this done before June. :hide

:eyes :ear :lurk :ricky
  7. EvilClown

Oddometer:
    Thank you, Mark! With any luck it will be today. :type Thanks for stopping in!

Glad you stopped in!

Oh, it'll be before June. What year, I can't say.:dunno :1drink

Oh, and thanks to you and Don I can't get this song out of my head.:bluduh :lol3

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jlMDyLCZM8o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jlMDyLCZM8o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ok. Now where were we...?
  8. EvilClown

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Rising before the sun, camp gets broken down and the bike loaded.

[​IMG]

Having spotted an important landmark on a piece of campground literature the night before, there is one more stop to make today in addition to the already full itinerary.

[​IMG]

There's no time to waste. We're ready to roll as my fellow two-wheeled camper in the background still slumbers.

[​IMG]

Carefully navigating out of the campground I fumble my way into downtown Mitchell, SD.

[​IMG]

No one but me and my friend on the scooter. Ok. And the dood in the pick-up up ahead where the first stop is spotted.

[​IMG]

How much luckier could I be? First the Mitchell Corn Palace, then a parking spot right up front! If I knew where they sold lottery tickets I'd consider buying one.

[​IMG]

That's alot of corn!

[​IMG]

First stop out of the way I grab another shot of a 4-wheeler roaming the city streets. This isn't just a rural phenomenon out in this part of the nation.

[​IMG]

Today is about miles. Not necessarily a whole bunch of them - just getting them covered.

[​IMG]

The time passes as I work through the different plans for the day in my head. It's another beautiful day.

[​IMG]

In between I study the construction along the way...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As the sun gets higher I get closer to my next stop.

[​IMG]

Depending on how things go I have a couple of plans for hitting some states on the way.

[​IMG]

Even though the rules clearly state I get credit for Nebraska since I traveled the entire 3897 mile length of Kansas, I'm a bit of a purist (anal-retentive) and have a plan to drop down and just touch the state.

[​IMG]

The exit to slip on down to Nebraska is reached. I hang a right and come to a stop. The mental math I've been doing all morning to reach a reasonable arrival time and hit two more states isn't working out so well.

Nebraska isn't 'just off the interstate'. It's going to turn into a bit of a detour by the time I swing back up through Iowa. "Don't get to see them often enough, why cut it short to get Nebraska?" I finally conclude Nebraska will still be there - Chris,...I don't know.

[​IMG]

I turn around and get back on the slab and head towards Chris' house.

[​IMG]

Somewhere along the way it turns into Minnesota and I miss getting a shot of the sign.

[​IMG]

As part of the compomise Iowa is going to be touched as it's only about 12 miles out of the way now.

[​IMG]

My exit takes me off onto a back road along some beautiful farm land.

[​IMG]

Not wanting to miss another stateline sign I keep my eyes peeled for it. These horses don't really care. They're just enjoying the sun and their breakfast.

[​IMG]

I'm guessing it's about 8:30 in the morning by now. After riding by a bunch of this stuff, I finally reach what I hope is a town with something that resembles breakfast. Maybe even coffee since I neglected to make any this morning. Instead, I reach what I believe to be Lester, IA and consider myself fortunate to find a gas station.

There's a local gassing up so I ask about a place that might serve breakfast. In return I get a look as if I had two heads then, "Nobody's open this early." Pretty sure I said 'breakfast'.

I thank him then fill the bike.

[​IMG]

Having had my fill of Iowa, I go back from whence I came - this time paying attention to where Rosie sez the stateline is. It's right about where them thar horses are. I think they ate the sign.

[​IMG]

The maze of corn takes me back to the interstate.

[​IMG]

Another state crossed off the list and still needing to eat, I start looking.

[​IMG]

Somewhere near here I find food and coffee. Spacing it, I get no proof. That whole Iowa experience still has me wondering.

[​IMG]

Fed and caffeinated, it's back on the road.

[​IMG]

Not too far up the road I get off 90 and onto 60/169 - more of a secondary highway towards Minneapolis.

[​IMG]

Like a one-act play, there's not a lot of scenery changes out here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Ooh. What's this?" A train!

[​IMG]

<OBJECT height=318 width=425>
    &ampampampnbsp
    &ampampampnbsp
    &ampampampnbsp
    <embed src="https://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008120101.swf" flashVars="s=aT00NzQ3Nzc2NDImaz1SQW1BUSZhPTUzNzIzNTdfSkc1QmYmdT1FdmlsQ2xvd24mZT0x" width=425 height=318 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></OBJECT>

It's mandatory to catch up with the locomotive(s). I get a little video for my brother.

[​IMG]

All the excitement over with, I look for something else to keep me entertained.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Always amazed at how big those are up close.

[​IMG]

Like the drone of the steel wheels on the rail, the miles roll by.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have I mentioned in the last five minutes the weather was perfect?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A stop for gas and a little break brings a fellow rider over to chat. In spite of the trailer he's a local - moving it from here to there or something of that nature.

[​IMG]

Across the way these pigs look on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back out on the road I pass another rider.

[​IMG]

Hours pass. Getting closer to civilization...

[​IMG]

Somewhere in here I find Chris' house. Once I do I give him a call to let him know I arrived and to make sure I'm camped out on the right back step. They had some errands to run. "No need to hurry home - I'll be taking a nap."

Eventually they get home. The afternoon and evening is spent catching up. Mrs. Chris finally decides where we're eating as I'm not making that choice. I throw on what might pass for a decent shirt - if it were washed and in a very dark restaurant. Bike tucked snuggly in their garage, we head out.

We end up at a very nice place (can't remember the name to save my life) but they had real dishes and served the beer in a glass and everything! ;-) Quite a change from the last several weeks.

[​IMG]

I manage to get a shot of the soup course but forget the rest of the meal. Not to mention peeps. This is the only one I get.

[​IMG]

Missing the food shots probably has something to do with their daughter and I repeating our favorite Napoleon Dynamite lines/scenes back and forth all evening - much to their chagrin. She and I had a blast. She's a great kid.

After a killer meal we argue over the check. They gang up on me. Thank you again!

Heading back to the house Chris and I stay up and solve the world's problems for a short while before I hit the rack. Big day tomorrow. Never a morning person, I tell him I've got to roll bright and early so don't plan on getting up to see me off.

Chris and his family are good company.
  9. EvilClown

Oddometer:
    Waking up before the sun again, I quietly collect my gear and get the bike loaded down in the garage. Ready to head out I push the button to the door opener. The mechanical humming wakes everyone up. Oh good. Was hoping not to wake anyone up. They come down and see me off. We keep it brief. Now officially in 'Manny' mode, it's time to roll.

[​IMG]

Snaking my way out of the neighborhood I make it out to the main road.

[​IMG]

Having gassed up yesterday, I've no reason to stop until breakfast.

[​IMG]

The sun comes up over Minnesota.

[​IMG]

Just me and the fishermen are out at this hour.

[​IMG]

There's a little fog here and there. Nothing of any concern - other than the critters that might be leaping out of it.

[​IMG]

Making my way onto the interstate the sun is still below the horizon.

[​IMG]

Nothing to do but roll the throttle and watch the sun rise.

[​IMG]

Traffic is light.

[​IMG]

An attempt is made at capturing the Wisconsin stateline sign.

[​IMG]

Not bad. Another state just as the sunrises.

[​IMG]

At least a hundred miles behind me, it's time to stop for some food.

[​IMG]

Seems appropriate for the fourth of July even though I really didn't give it much thought at the time.

[​IMG]

While I eat I study the handy KOA book I snagged at the last campground and make some mental notes for possible destinations for the day's ride.

[​IMG]

Out in the parking lot is a nice Javelin. Don't see too many of those these days. Might as well fuel up while we're here.

[​IMG]

Weather's looking pretty good for the rest of the run.

[​IMG]

Just rolling down the slab trying to make time I don't take too many pictures. I do manage to get one of this dood. Wonder where he's off to?

[​IMG]

I entertain myself with the vanity plates.

[​IMG]

Near a fuel stop this couple entertains themselves with a voyeuristic pink elephant.

[​IMG]

Wisconsin out of the way.

[​IMG]

More plates.

[​IMG]

As I get closer to Chicago I begin to see why Don wanted to avoid it so much.

[​IMG]

Traffic wasn't particularly heavy - just intense.

[​IMG]

The folks from Morton are in town.

[​IMG]

Slowing down.

[​IMG]

Haven't had any bridge shots for a day or so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Illinois out of the way.

[​IMG]

Another plate.

[​IMG]

A railway speeder.

[​IMG]

A detour. Missed this state the last time I was traveling through. Won't do it again.

[​IMG]

Plus, I always wanted to go to Sturgis! Of course, I've missed bike week...

[​IMG]

...and am right smack dab in the middle of Amish buggy week! Had no idea there was an Amish community in Michigan.

[​IMG]

Harder to make out but those are UPS vans on the left. You've all heard about the UPS/FEDX merger, right? Yep. FED-UP is the new company name.

Besides the new FED-UP headquarters, there's also a Subway in Sturgis. I get one of the $5 sammiches, eat half and make my way back to Indiana. Michigan is crossed off the list.

[​IMG]

LEO is out in full force in Indiana.

[​IMG]

Indiana is out of the way. I manage to make it through without winning any awards.

[​IMG]

Somewhere in Ohio at a gas stop I run into this couple out for a ride. We talk bikes and riding for a bit before snapping their picture and rolling.

[​IMG]

Somewhere along the Ohio Turnpike I nearly go off the road when I catch my first glimpse in the flesh of the new Challenger. I. Like. That. Car.

[​IMG]

At a rest stop I run into this family. He runs a truck from California with fresh produce from the farms we traveled through a few short days ago.

[​IMG]

He tells me his son loves motorcycles and can name everyone of them on the road. I offer to let them sit on the bike and take their pictures. Before leaving I get his email and promise to send them along. This finally happens but much later than I intended. Sorry about that.

[​IMG]

Back on the road the sun starts to go down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the night I reach Pennsylvania. Ohio is out of the way.

I also learn that finding a campsite on the fourth of July without reservations can be tricky. Earlier in the day I had picked a few KOAs for possibilities - one in Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York - depending on how the ride went.

After a couple of 'full' signs (some distance apart) it became apparent that KOA probably wasn't happening tonight. Time to start looking high and low for some place to stay.

After another wild goose chase I stumble onto a sign for the Family Affair Campground quite a ways off the beaten path right on the edge of PA and NY. As I get closer I make the guess I've found it as the sky is lit up.

Sure enough, it's the campground - in full fourth of July night party mode. No time to be fussy. It's very late and I've got to get off the road.

I pull up, climb off the bike and wander over to the bulletin board to see if there's some after hours check in information. Right about that time a guy walks up behind me and asks if I need a campsite. I tell him all I need is a place to set my tent up and I'd be delighted.

After 'splaining his relationship to the couple that runs the place he says he'll see if he can't hook me up. I wait as I have no other place to be.

Moments later, the wife of the couple shows up, gives me the once over, points over to the foggy blackness and tells me I can set my tent up right over there in front of the mini golf. I look over not seeing anything. She walks me over and I still can barely make it out but it'll work.

Asking her what the damage is she tells me not to worry about it. I thank her and set my tent up.

After setting up camp I reach in the cooler and break out a couple of beers and the rest of my sammich. Walking over to the pavilion where they're all sitting I offer her one as it's the least I could do for giving me a place to set up my tent. She's accepts it and tells me she's impressed I have bottles.

Even though I was too beat to be on the road I was also too wired to sleep. We hang out a while before someone mentions the orphaned deer they're nursing so we all take a stroll down to the pole barn to have a look.

[​IMG]

Sure enough, there's a deer.

We hang out a while longer then after unwinding it's time to turn in. Thankfully, by now the party has wound down so sleep isn't an issue.
  10. goodolguzzi

Oddometer:
    I remembered my friendly Goldwing neigbors talking about aome fireworks thing at Mtn Rushmore "You better get there early"

This was taken about 7:10am!

[​IMG]

Wow, freakin fireworks are like 14 hours away :eek1

[​IMG]

I deciced that i can see plenty from outside and pass like a mile long line of traffic. Once i got to the front, a Sheriff type fella stopped me:
    LEO - "you going in?"
    Me - "Naw, i can't wait in that line, just gonna keep on keepin on"
    LEO - "you can go in if ya like, follow in behind that car"
    Me - "ahh......ok" :smile6

After pissing a gabillion people off and paying my entrance fee, i rode in like i owned the place....found a good parking spot :D

[​IMG]

I think they were as impreesed with my spot as i was

[​IMG]

The fella that created this.....carved by his son

[​IMG]

I thought i was going to a rock show.....they had bomb dogs, metal detectors, rangers searching bags.......people were setting up camp for the long haul.....i had two cameras :lol3
    I talked to a Ranger for several minutes to get the inside scoop. In a nutshell, lots going on.....40 plus minute fireworks, plane flyovers, native american bands, oldest WWI living vet ceremony.....Basically a once in a lifetime oportunity.....
    Ranger - "where ya parked?"
    Me - "Front row"
    Ranger - "inside the gate?"
    Me - "yup, about a 100 paces to the security check"
    Ranger - "You should really consider staying"
    Me - "After the show can i catch some zzzz's before leaving?"
    Ranger - "first all the people parked outside have to leave, then they will starting letting this area leave......you probably wouldn't be able to leave until 2 or tree in the morning even if ya tried....no one will mind if you're napping on the ground next to your Guzzi"

:lobby So i played tourist thinking about all this....Wilson would be proud

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure this is gonna look real different in a few hours :rofl

[​IMG]

Buddy offered to take photo.....got down on the ground......thanx man!

[​IMG]

I think this was called window rock

[​IMG]

California & Maine flags.....sums up the trip

[​IMG]

So....let me think this through. Hang here for 12 hours, watch the show, nap on the ground, leave Friday morning and be to work on Monday.....or leave now, ride around the Black Hills, check out the Badlands and try to be home Saturday sometime with an off day before work.....The amount of people pouring into this place in about an hour or two was mind boggling.....the breakfast line had at least 100 people....I can't beleive i even had to really think about this

You betcha.....gotta :ricky This is the exit road

[​IMG]

I spent a couple hours walking around and saw everything i needed too....not sure i could have waited another 12....
    Utter mayhem in the making......no i didn't steal Mike's photo :lol3

[​IMG]
  11. Chiggers

Chiggers I should get the bike out

Oddometer:
    well after a hard day at work I started reading this for the first time and became absorbed. (I'm not a sponge). Just returned to UK from a US road trip ( in a hummer) and have gone over common ground - but you guys had better weather and take better pics. Well done..I look forward to sitting down in a couple of nights time and watching the whole trip.
  12. goodolguzzi

Oddometer:
    Next stop Route 87....aka....Needles Highway

5 Bucks? I hope this 'highway' is worth it

[​IMG]

Maybe.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guess the 5 bucks helps pay for the fresh tar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some needles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cool...another rock tunnel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think i'm glad i left Mount Touristmore.....:D
  13. goodolguzzi

Oddometer:
    Off to the Badlands

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kansas?

[​IMG]

other direction

[​IMG]

Pretty boring and 'bout a hundrit....again....catnap....

[​IMG]

I think i'm doing a good job following the Evilguy.....:lol3

[​IMG]

Power lines?

[​IMG]

Pretty impressive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the Badlands were a quick drive by.....vacation over....time for some highway hell.
    I hopped on I90 in Phillip S. Dakota

From a gas stop

[​IMG]

I found another KOA in Jackson MN that had a nice sunset, beer store and diner walking distance.....all the necessities :deal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time for the stats.....wonder if this will work? :norton

Start Time: 7/3/2008 8:08:36 AM EDT
    Acquisition Time: 7/3/2008 8:08:36 AM EDT
    Finish Time: 7/3/2008 9:50:22 PM EDT
    Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) is GMT-4
    Distance: 560.00 mi
    Average Speed: 73.1 MPH
    Average Moving Speed: 73.1 MPH
    Maximum Speed: 94.4 MPH
    Average Elevation: 2,531 feet
    Minimum Elevation: 1,254 feet
    Maximum Elevation: 6,446 feet
    Average Status: 3-D
    Fix Was Lost: 0 times
    Readings: 8315
    Acquisition Location: N/A
    Finish Location: Jackson, Minnesota (56143)
    Acquisition Coordinate: N44° 22.3676' W103° 45.2991'
    Finish Coordinate: N43° 38.6236' W94° 59.8638'
    Time from Start to Finish: 13:41:46 (hr:min:sec)
    Time to Acquire: 0:00:00 (hr:min:sec)
    Time from Acquisition to Finish: 13:41:46 (hr:min:sec)
    Time Moving: 13:41:46 (hr:min:sec)
    Time Stopped: 0:00:00 (hr:min:sec)
    Point Created: 7/3/2008 9:17:48 PM EDT

:eek1....Wow....It worked.....statistical overload :huh
    Dam, copy and paste is your friend :lol3
    If i figured this out tree months ago....we would be done by now :rofl
    Somethins wrong with the moving and stopped times though :freaky
  14. ovd

ovd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome RR. :clap
    But please, please finish it!! :ear
  15. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    :augie
  16. Wooderson

Wooderson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1

GOG/EC,

Awesome! And thanks Don for resurfacing this on 3/30, if not it would have not made my radar.

I am going to do two things after reading this, put my name on the Tent List so weary travelers can crash, and take a journey like this. I have two weeks off in July and will have to revist this RR for inspiration.

Thanks again guys, I am looking forward to the conclusion!
  17. goodolguzzi

Oddometer:
    Up early....by my standards, packed and ready to cover some slab :puke2

[​IMG]

Just as i was ready to roll.....what the....The carbon fiber on the exhaust was separating from the clamp type thing...no problem, i'll just push it back in...that should last until the next exit :lol3
    Welcome, Minnesota....honestly i am not making that up.....zip code 56181 :rofl

[​IMG]

Inside the store they had some nice hose clamps

[​IMG]

Ready to go again

[​IMG]

At my first fuel stop in Alden i met Emile

[​IMG]

If i remember he was from NY and heading towards the Black Hills.
    He had horror stories about Chicago traffic.....said avoid by all means.
    I like his style :thumb

[​IMG]

I knew part of Emile's problems were because it was the eve of July 4th, today was the 4th so how bad could it be?
    I played it safe and in Albert Lea hoped on I35 south To Des Moines freakin' Iowa and I80. Iowa City, Davenport, South of east Chcago, just kept on draining fuel tank after tank.
    At one stop i met this fella, dammit i forget his name......big rig driver, fellow rider that new what a Guzzi was! He was talking to his buddy on the blue tooth "man ya gotta see this rig, saddlebags around the gas tank, extra fuel and water bottles....." he liked.

[​IMG]

He told me i still had a long way to go.....:lol3
    Yes i do...and a short time to get there :rofl

At another fuel stop who knows where, the sun was setting

[​IMG]

Gotta get the big rig in there with flag :deal

[​IMG]

Oh there it is

[​IMG]

Colorful cloud

[​IMG]

Somewhere between here and Toledo, the scenery got really cool. Wish i could take photos on the fly....gotta learn that. Almost every small town along the way was having firework displays....they were everywhere on the horizon.....some on the right some on the left. Very cool! Then the shows ended and i just plain ran out of juice in Toledo. Basically pulled off the slab and checked into the first place i saw, Hotel 6, the light was on.

Statistical Summary

Start Time: 7/4/2008 7:49:56 AM EDT
    Acquisition Time: 7/4/2008 7:49:56 AM EDT
    Finish Time: 7/4/2008 11:07:11 PM EDT
    Distance: 779.28 mi
    Average Speed: 77.4 MPH
    Average Moving Speed: 77.4 MPH
    Maximum Speed: 93.0 MPH
    Average Elevation: 930 feet
    Minimum Elevation: 542 feet
    Maximum Elevation: 1,454 feet
    Readings: 9062
    Acquisition Location: Jackson, Minnesota (56143)
    Finish Street: Heatherdowns Blvd
    Finish Location: Toledo, Ohio (43614)
    Acquisition Coordinate: N43° 38.6193' W94° 59.9275'
    Finish Coordinate: N41° 35.6772' W83° 40.0685'
    Time from Start to Finish: 15:17:15 (hr:min:sec)
    Time from Acquisition to Finish: 15:17:15 (hr:min:sec)
    Time Moving: 15:14:44 (hr:min:sec)
    Time Stopped: 0:02:31 (hr:min:sec)

Moving and stopped times are kinda wacky :eek1
  18. goodolguzzi

Oddometer:
    :spam This is just a test

[​IMG]

to see if

[​IMG]

Rob is still paying attention :D

Photos from March 3rd, Denver Colorado....70 degrees and we're goin' skiing

[​IMG]

End :spam
  19. kiwi93

kiwi93 The Evil Monkey

Oddometer:
    BOOYAH! :clap

This has been a long time coming. :thumb :lol3 :rayof

Now lets wrap this up boyz, before I get any older.
  20. goodolguzzi

Oddometer:
    Last day....slab, slab and more slab......
    Pretty unexciting photos too.....

[​IMG]

Buddy pulled in, walked around bike, checked oil and rode off......

[​IMG]

Somewhere on the NY thruway....something didn't sound right....here we go again :eek1

[​IMG]

If you look close to the hose clamp, yesterdays fix, you can see the broken weld

[​IMG]

This allowed the can to wobble around......zip ties got me home......not chrome :lol3

[​IMG]

Once i got into the Albany area i called Good 'ol Pepere:
    "Hello pe, i'm in Albany NY"
    "OK, so we'll see ya tomorrow?'
    "No, tonight!"
    "Tonight?" :eek1
    "Hellyeah, I'm only a few hours out!"

Redbull, snickers bar, full tank of fuel.....headed for the humble abode

TV's @ the pump? Only on the Mass Pike

[​IMG]

Crusty trusty Guzzi @ home :freaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AAA paper maps :super

[​IMG]

Last day statistics:

Start Time: 7/5/2008 6:46:17 AM EDT
    Acquisition Time: 7/5/2008 6:46:17 AM EDT
    Finish Time: 7/5/2008 9:41:05 PM EDT
    Distance: 837.97 mi
    Average Speed: 75.9 MPH
    Average Moving Speed: 75.9 MPH
    Maximum Speed: 94.3 MPH
    Average Elevation: 580 feet
    Minimum Elevation: -12 feet
    Maximum Elevation: 1,714 feet
    Readings: 5887
    Acquisition Street: Cheyenne Blvd
    Acquisition Location: Toledo, Ohio (43614)
    Finish Street: Lincoln St
    Finish Location: Saco, Maine (04072)
    Acquisition Coordinate: N41° 35.5714' W83° 40.0738'
    Finish Coordinate: N43° 30.1316' W70° 27.9652'
    Time from Start to Finish: 14:54:48 (hr:min:sec)
    Time from Acquisition to Finish: 14:54:48 (hr:min:sec)
    Time Moving: 14:54:48 (hr:min:sec)
    Time Stopped: 0:00:00 (hr:min:sec)

Again.....errors in stop/moving times:huh

Total Trip Stats:
    22 days on the road
    25 states....Maine doesn't count :lol3
    283 gallons fuel
    9284 Guzzi miles
    32.8 mpg average

Way too many thank you's.....
    Debbie @ Powerwheels, Katie @ street cycles, All the Guzzi folks
    Liz @ Cascade Moto Classics, The Folks @ the Oregon Beemer shop
    The Moab dirt bike shop, Everyone whose read this, Everyone whose left comments
    Aerostitch Roadcrafter, AAA paper maps, DeLorme, Redbull and BEER!
    And everyone I forgot :1drink

Most importantly......Mr Evilclown for saying "just ask"
    If it wasn't for that comment, this trip probably wouldn't have happened :deal
    Mrs Evilclown for the awesome dinner, accomedations and most eggcellent send off breakfast :clap

Thank You All.....and good day :D :beer

[​IMG]