If you want dirt, YOU GOT IT!!!!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Joe Motocross, Sep 23, 2021.

1. boulet_boulet

boulet_boulet Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^Any examples of vegetarian adjustaforking or does that particular member of the PHC use other means of cooking?
  2. cprbusa

cprbusa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe in the chapter of AJ/Greeves 12:18 "Thou shall make fun of vegans, whenever possible"
  3. bbanker

bbanker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    8lives likes this.
  4. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^^

This is a brilliant capture @Joe Motocross - love the shadow of your front wheel hoisted in a horn mono as you ride up that climb. Effin' awesome man.

And damn, seeing all that goodness cooked over a fire makes me drool. I haven't cooked a single g*ddamn thing over a campfire this summer as they've been banned since Memorial Day - earliest I've ever experienced (and rightly so given the shitshow of fires last year). Have missed using my adjustas, especially as I take every opportunity to show my boys the importance of knowing how to cook over an open flame.

Great update amigo, makes sitting as a desk jockey somewhat more bearable...barely...LOL.

Look forward to the next installment.
    flying.moto likes this.
  5. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Reading JoeMoto exploits is akin to sipping high-grade moonshine on the evening porch. Ya kinda want to take it slow and easy so it lasts awhile before you head back inside to the real world again.
  6. Big Sky 777

Big Sky 777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Joe Motocross and ScotsFire like this.
  7. scudo

scudo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was definitely drooling, glad your back Joe Motocross. Why no 12yr old single malt whiskey.
  8. BadPoet

BadPoet Proper grammar is over-rated

Oddometer:
    Your ride reports are just the best. I savor every word and photograph. Just can’t thank you enough for what you do. Pure inspiration.I can’t wait to get to Utah and be baptized in a roost of sacred sand. I’m even considering an 18” tire up front. Threw away the chair years ago. Go forth and spread the word JM and may your tires always be at the
    optimum inflation, your coals the perfect temperature, and your croffee cup always runneth over.
    Bunyip1260, SlowerThanYou and svo_jon like this.
  9. Joe Motocross

Joe Motocross Adjustafork.com - CEO

Oddometer:
    Our "garden gobbler" uses the Adjustafork. Tofurkey kielbasa or something like that I seem to remember. The forks are wonderful for roasting vegetables. Some of the Presiding High Council are "Vegan Intolerant" but that usually only applies to a-holes who are extremely righteous in their love for tofu. Yuck is all I can say.

Great analogy, thank you! The thing that's kinda twisted is that the tale I tell is the real world for us.

Man, like I told @TexasStevo a little while ago, you've chugged the koolade and you're drowning! You guys have confirmed to me how easy it is to make up a religion. I got some more thoughts on that soon.
    It's the only moral and ethical thing to do at this juncture.
    Ginger Beard, DCrider, Kyron and 8 others like this.
  10. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Day 2: A visit to Ground Zero.

Freaking glorious daybreak!!!
    ROOST SCRIPTURE:
    And it shall be like the light of the morning when the sun rises, A morning with thin clouds, Like the tender desert grass springing out of the earth, With clear shining after rain will the Roost commence.
    20210920a - 1.jpeg

Those a-holes over at Thor are sure getting some mileage out of that promotional tin cup they sent me. Perfect cowboy style croffee in that bad boy every morning.
    20210920a - 2.jpeg
    Ginger Beard, Foiler, Red J and 32 others like this.
  11. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    A sandstone camp is the ADV-Fundamentalists preferred camp. It allows you to take off your only pair of socks, air them out and walk around barefoot. The semi “clean” environment lets you regroup a bit. We pride ourselves in the camps we’ve found over the years. Here are traits we look for:
    • Wood
    • Views
    • Sandstone/slickrock
    • Water
    • Shelter (when needed)
    • Cell phone service (generally it is best to camp where there is no service so that riders don’t have the lure to engage or communicate with the outside world. Certain exceptions are made when a rider cannot join a ride unless they keep in contact with an important work responsibility which in turn allows them to ride more)
    We enjoyed our croffee, packed the sleeping bags and hit the trail.
    20210920b - 1.jpeg

We got up to a high point and surveyed the landscape. Yep. Desert. Just where we like to be.
    20210920b - 2.jpeg

Another reason we stopped up here was to see if we could get a cell phone signal. We wanted to touch base with some other riders that we may cross paths with. Turned out they weren’t going to be out here yet. Good. Now there was no agenda to meet up with them.
    20210920b - 3.jpeg

This stop was also a good excuse for me to adjust the spring on my rear suspension. It was a bit soft especially when fully loaded with supplies. I meant to adjust it at camp but somehow overlooked it. Three turns of the retaining collar did the trick.
    20210920b - 4.jpeg

We were starting to really see some serious gouging that took place during the flooding.
    20210920b - 5.jpeg

This feature is known as a “quad block”. It successfully stops quads and side-by-sides from passage but easily allows ADV-Fs to pass.
    20210920b - 6.jpeg
  12. shakelferd rusty

shakelferd rusty n00b

Oddometer:
    Joe what do you have packed in the box on the fairing? Or is that wind protection? :)
  13. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Poor man's rally fairing. Kidding. Spare 18" inner tube.
  14. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    We grabbed a two-track and continued toward Ground Zero. Totally blissful riding.
    20210920c - 1.jpeg

Things were amazingly green. SOOOOOO much thistle!!! It was really thriving. Everything was. As we zipped along the smooth flowing track, we failed to see an intersection we meant to take a turn on.
    20210920c - 2.jpeg

The two-track we were on came to a dead end at a small cliff. We could see the road we wanted to be on just below us. Dammit. What to do? We certainly weren’t going to turn around.
    20210920c - 3.jpeg

We wrestled the bikes down over some rocks.
    20210920c - 4.jpeg

After the minor fiddle-fuck, we were back on track.
    20210920c - 5.jpeg

It’s dam fun to go fast and really grab a hold of the throttle feeling the entire amount of power those 500s can put out. When you’re climbing a hill in 3rd gear at ¾ throttle, occasionally pinning it, then you understand what these amazing engines are all about.
    20210920c - 6.jpeg

We arrived at Ground Zero. We were going to tour around the outskirts before going into town. The first thing we witnessed was this large new beach. Yep, none of that large flat sandy beach was there a month ago.
    20210920c - 7.jpeg

We took another road that led up a wash. It was destroyed.
    20210920c - 8.jpeg

Um, yeah, some dirt had been removed. Basically everything below where I was standing got flushed downstream into the big reservoir. Looks like we were pinched from getting through here.
    20210920c - 9.jpeg

That’s a lot of dirt that was removed. We were documenting the damage for C.A.N.E. (Citizens Against Natural Erosion). When looking at situations like this, it’s hard for me to listen to people who say motorcycles cause so much damage and areas should be closed down because of them. They should probably also close those areas to Mother Nature. C.A.N.E is working on it. 20210920c - 10.jpeg
  15. Osadabwa

Osadabwa Don't be Surprised

Oddometer:
    @Joe Motocross - You lucky bastard! All that erosion means only 1 thing: fewer muppets. Assuming the local authorities aren't going to race out there to repair those tracks, the washouts mean you and your brethren will be braaaping through there unmolested for the foreseeable future. No side-by-sides dare pass! Hmm... that said, you've snagged a beer or two of side-by-sides in the past, so everything's a double-edged sword. Anyway, it's worth it for increased solitude.

I'm also jealous of your camp and the ability to confidently wander around sans footwear... you wouldn't pull that trick in Kenya I promise you. Thorns long enough to crucify you with and devil heads too. Guess it makes a man kinda spiritual-like.

Damnit, I need to ride.
  16. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, @Joe Motocross doesn't have to worry about big thorns, being eaten by a big cat, or having his breakfast stolen by a blue and red assed primate but he's missing out on a fresh mandazi to go along with the morning croffee. Everywhere has it's good points.
    Joe Motocross, Osadabwa and liv2day like this.
  17. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    "blue and red assed primate"

I dunno - have you seen those guys that drive the SXS's?
    lanztek, jonz, ricko1320 and 7 others like this.
  18. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ok, not one to typically bag on folks out enjoying their shit, but I laughed like hell reading this @NoelJ. Brilliant.
    pigjockey likes this.
  19. j-zome

j-zome Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer:
    Those a-holes over at Thor are sure getting some mileage out of that promotional tin cup they sent me. Perfect cowboy style croffee in that bad boy every morning.
    View attachment 3226764 [/QUOTE]

That's both freakin awesome and hilarious!!
    Joe Motocross likes this.
  20. pigjockey

pigjockey Hognuts the T-bagger

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin A half dozen miles from ROAD AMERICA
    I really like the ultra hd tubes. They are some tough sob’s and last a long time under inflated. I usually run them at 6-8 lbs.
    Joe Motocross likes this.