Ignition help needed 1980 TS100

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by Ed, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Ed

Ed Shunpiking Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm throwing this out for the wisdom of the collective. I have a 1980 Suzuki TS100 with the PEI (Pointless Electronic Ignition) system. The coil has failed. Suzuki, in their eternal wisdom, made what are essentially the CDI components integral with the coil. The OEM coil, P/N 33410-48520 was apparently forged from the tears of baby unicorns and isn't avalable for love nor money anywhere. I'm looking for options to make this little beast run again. I really don't want to revert to points. Hell, I'm not even sure I could install them even if I wanted to. I need to pull the magneto rotor off and see if the points cam is even there. I'm open to options. Thanks in advance for any advice.
  2. dlearl476

dlearl476 Two-bit Throttle Bum Supporter

Oddometer:
    Boyer Brandson?
  3. Bipolar

Bipolar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A quick google search and they appear to be available on both Amazon and Ebay
  4. Ed

Ed Shunpiking Supporter

Oddometer:
    I contacted them by email. They say they don't have a system that works for the TS. More research required.

Nothing available on ebay. I check regularly. The amazon stuff is mostly cheep Chinese "universal" coils that don't have the controlling elements in the coil.

The system Suzuki used on the TS100 is, as far as I can determine, unique to the '80 and '81 year bikes.
  5. dlearl476

Oddometer:
    Are you familiar with Low Brow Customs? I found this video when I was going for my YouTube electronic ignition certification. It’s an alternative to BB, but more importantly, this guy seems pretty approachable. I bet you could call LB Customs and he’d have some good advice.
  6. dlearl476

Oddometer:
    I was looking up BB stuff cause I’m going to put one in my Ducati 350.