1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Gone ignore

Discussion in 'Bike Parts and Accessories' started by seanathan, Oct 20, 2021.

1. seanathan

seanathan n00b

Oddometer:
    EDIT ::: PART NUMBER/FITMENT WAS INCORRECT. THEY WERE SOLD TO ME AS FITTING THE 1200, BUT ARE ACTUALLY FOR THE STREET SCRAMBLER. REPOSTING WITH APPROPRIATE TITLE.

ok, so this ad was previously for guards for the Scrambler 1200. turns out the dealer that sold them to me sold me the wrong set. they were supposed to have given me Kit/Part Number A9788055 for the 1200 bikes, but actually gave me A9788026 which fits the Street Scrambler only. this was discovered after id sold them locally and the buyer figured it out before trying to install them (luckily for both of us).

SO, this new post is for the same guards, but now with the correct fitment. very sorry for the confusion, i am quite bothered by the SNAFU.

the real specs are as follows:
    Triumph Dresser Bar Kit, Graphite
    Kit Number: A9788026
    Model Fitment: Street Scrambler

Price remains $180
    Available for local pickup in the Boston metro area, and i'm willing to drive a reasonable distance to make the transaction.

thank you and apologies for the confusion.

Attached Files:

2. Turbo61

Turbo61 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you still own the Scrambler, if so how do you like? Thinking of adding one to the stable.
    Thanks!
  3. seanathan

seanathan n00b

Oddometer:
    it was one of the most fun bikes i've ever ridden, but also one of the more temperamental (only my kawi z900rs cafe was worse, ghost downshifting after on-ramping highways). the torque and power was always available, it was incredibly maneuverable for how tall and top heavy it was.

however, the lack of keyed ignition (only fob) was frustrating and absolutely pointless considering they had a key slot for the steering lock exactly where the ignition would be.
    there's no way to adjust the idle speed.
    and it seems there's some sort of inertial measurement unit (IMU) under the seat that can shit the bed on its own accord per others' experiences, or it isn't respected during assembly. in my case the wiring harness was installed right over top of it when it's supposed to be entirely untouched by anything except its mounting points, like a mass dampener or a accelerometer. this snafu resulted in an intermittently loping idle and countless (dozens) of instances where the bike stalled on me while riding at low speed or sitting at stop lights. it was always fine over 15mph. and in trying to get this figured out i was told that there was no guarantee it'd be covered by the warranty depending on whatever it was...well, sorry, but a 2021 bike with less than 3000 miles should not stall and be uncovered by warranty, ever. but that's because you're at the mercy of how the dealer presents it to triumph and how benevolent triumph is willing to be. i don't want that risk of being stuck with an unsellable bike due to manufacturer's or dealers' failures ever again.
    here's someone else having the same issue:

i wouldn't get one again, it's too precious for what i'd like to be able to do with it, and too fussy to be entirely confident in its performance. my next bike will be a suzuki dr650 if i have it my way.
  4. Tantor67

Tantor67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    DR650 is the gold standard for reliable fun!
    seanathan likes this.
  5. shrini23

shrini23 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Big write up, sorry your bike had to go through this, can't you invoke a lemon law for this and get the money back? Is it not available in MA state. Luckily my special edition was hand built in Hinckley so I haven't faced this issue so far and touchwood it remains the same
  6. seanathan

seanathan n00b

Oddometer:
    i ultimately got it accepted as warranty issue, and have also since sold it, that's why i'm unloading the crash bars. i was also disadvantaged by having bought it in NH but live in MA, so the interstatedness was a layer of complication if i were to have pursued it as a lemon.
    i also hope yours continues to behave itself, it was an excellent bike otherwise.
  7. shrini23

shrini23 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you have a triumph part number for it
    You plan to ship
  8. seanathan

seanathan n00b

Oddometer:
    hey, so, turns out the dealer that sold them to me sold me the wrong set. they were supposed to have given me Kit/Part Number A9788055, but actually gave me A9788026., which fit the Street Scrambler only. this was discovered yesterday after id sold them locally and the buyer figured it out before trying to install them (luckily for both of us).