IL DS Ride 4-15,16,17 Who's In?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by chain, Mar 9, 2005.

1. chain

chain Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who's in? Are you coming or aintcha?

What?

Another campout, mototalkallnight, around a camp fire with real live advpeople.
    Riding Gravel, (and some really nice blacktop) roads along the bluffs of the Illionis River, Lunch on stilts over the river, Drinking good beer and better Whiskey, Smoking fat Cigars, sleeping in a tent,( or not) sleeping as late as you want, listening to Johnnny Cash and, of corse,... breakfast at the riverside cafe

Why? :ear

Because as Motojoe says, " It doesnt count as days against your life."

Where? Fulton, County, Illinois

When? Soon
    4-15,16,17 05

Who? You? :ear

As long as you're not some kind of whiner crybaby that's looking for a bargain vacation. :lol3

BYOTP Because at the farm, if you don't bring it, you wont have it. :deal

Who's In? :ear

chain

I know some have Already posted re; this post already, but please post again alreadywould ja ( does thiat sound pui)??
    :lol3
  2. chain

Oddometer:
    :slurp
  3. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    I'd be stupid not to.
  4. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    Are you kidding me? The only time I'm back in the US for 2005 are these two weeks in April.....and I'll be down in Missouri for an IBMWR event instead. Catch ya in '06 Chain. :lol3

Jon
  5. skeeter

skeeter Captain Safety

Oddometer:
    In! I"ll be bringing a fresh bottle of Cazadores tequilla.

Thanks to McD's inlaws, we'll also have 8 bottles of Cinzano extra dry vermouth for martinis, a bottle of Canadian club (the seal says 1968) and a bottle of Southern comfort. Someone will have to bring the gin and olives for the martinis.

Whatsyerdogsname?
  6. chain

Oddometer:

not enough notice? :lol3
  7. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    In :deal
  8. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    I admit I totally spaced the date. Dunno why I didn't notice it was in April before. All my bikes are pickled for storage anyway....I won't be riding at all when I'm home. :cry

Jon
  9. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    gawddamned prom - I am out for most of it - but will try to make a single sport asphalt run out late Satruday afternoon to drink good whisky, smoke a good cigar, sit by a fire with good friends and possibly get drunk enough to piss my pants.I'll bring whisky, Johnny Cash and some Lyle Lovett.
  10. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Ohhh, I don't know. It's a long ride from here. I don't really like whiskey. Tekillya gives me a really bad hangover, ask Dan. Gravel skeers me. I don't like loud noises. You guys going to leave those nasty guns at home? Is it going to be muddy? How about bugs, got any bugs there? And ticks, I hate ticks. And wild animals that make noise in the night, that skeers me too. I'm allergic to ceegars, too. Make sure, that if I make it, I can sit upwind from the ceegars. Have you built an outhouse yet?
  11. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:
    Count me in for Saturday afternoon / evening :thumb
  12. XtreemLEE

XtreemLEE insignificant being...

Oddometer:
    I was planning on coming but can I bring my Glocks? If I can bring my Glocks can I bring my springfield .45? If I can bring those maybe I should bring my American Arms .22lr walther copy? Maybe I could fit my wheelgun also....
    Hell I didn't know I could bring guns....

Anywho my wife is working that weekend and I don't fall off my 650 near enough so I'll be there, tent, sleeping bag, 5 gallon pail of vasiline (no complainers right? no matter what happens?) chair, food, guns, beverages, painkillers, first aid kit, GPS (so I can find you fuckers), my FYYFF hat, shoes, pants ect ect....

I hope my Dunlops are up for the mud cause I ain't putting on any real aggressive tires....

Why the hell can't Jon Diaz make it?
    Free Jon Diaz...
    And my dogs names are Rover and Spot and I ain't bringing them cause they are gunshy to the nth degree.
  13. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    Shit, you're so old you're gonna forget the date anyway, Geezer. Happy Birthday! :rofl

Jon
  14. reverand

reverand I love Dogs

Oddometer:
    Me and a bottle of Saphire Blue are in.

And the bike too

Marc
  15. Cauldron

Cauldron Now in DESMODROMIC!

Oddometer:
    me: in

wife:in

guns:in

dogs:maybe

bike:in

jeep:in

cobler:in

wine:in

whine:eek:ut

The jeep is for the wife to drive. The dog and the wine and the iron dutch oven for the cobbler and the guns and all the other stuff fit into the jeep.

I bought a 250 to do the minimalist thing. Ya know, fewer possesions and a simpler way. A 250 I thought. Yeah, a little bike with no luggage!! What's the worst that could happen?
  16. XtreemLEE

XtreemLEE insignificant being...

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the happy birthday shit, now get that LT oiled up and ready for some luxo-trail-riding
  17. 12bridn

12bridn I need throttle therapy

Oddometer:
    XTL, I am kinda scared by the vaseline and oiled up comments, but, what happens at the farm, stays at the farm, right? :arg :uhoh :lol3

I wanna ride out, but I wanna bring Duncan too. Damn dog needs to learn how to countersteer so he can ride out his damn self.

I'm bringing some sorta likker, some sorta food, and some sorta sleepin bag, and maybe a toothbrush. I brought so much stuff to the winter ride, I figger it'll even out.

Mut, you still leaving at 5?

Edit: I think I will leave the dog at home, wouldn't be fair to leave him chained up while I'm out carousing. Unless someone wants to give me a sidecar.
  18. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    yeah, If I am in I can't hit the road until my daughter leaves for the dance. They are going to dinner and stuff so I figure if I pack ahead of time, which never actually happensut needs to this time, I can just turn the key and head out so around 5 sounds about right.

I will probably ride the ST, we can put whatsyourdogsname in a saddle bag maybe. Duncan can sit still for four hours can't he?
  19. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    i will bring the used to be diaz bike since he cant be there
  20. chain

Oddometer:

sure you dont need a little more notice for that?