Illinois Off Road Riding Area Project - Sahara Woods

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Gerken, Feb 18, 2021.

?

Sahara, Sa Where A Da Woods?

1. I have lived in Illinois all my life and this is the first I've heard about the project

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. Geez Gerken, get out of the tractor cab more often. We've known but kept the secret.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I am reminded of The First Rule of Holes. When you are in one.... stop digging.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I have a Sicilian Uncle in the city that owes me a favor. Name it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Nominating a friend, let me know when volunteer opportunity arrives

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gerken

Gerken If you think adventures are dangerous, try routine Supporter

Oddometer:
    AMA members are certainly aware but other trail users as well as silent sport enthusiasts should take note;

Support Increased Federal Trail Funding Legislation
    On March 11, Reps. Peter Welch (D-Vt.) and John Curtis (R-Utah) introduced H.R. 1864, The Recreational Trails Program Full Funding Act of 2021. This bill would increase RTP funding from $84 million to at least $250 million annually. These funds are used for trail construction, education and maintenance for motorized and non-motorized trail users. It is of the utmost importance that your elected officials hear from you that the off-highway motorcycle community fully supports H.R. 1864.

The AMA has made it easy to contact your representative by visiting the organizations website and utilizing the Action Center.
    https://americanmotorcyclist.com/action-center/
    Select the "Support Increased Trail Funding Legislation" article and the system will walk you through the connection process.
    RTP funds will assist further development in the Sahara Woods project once it is up and running as well as other projects around the country. This significant increased funding appears to be a win for outdoor enthusiasts of all disciplines. The AMA Action Center has a tab called "Bill Tracking" that is an excellent source for keeping up with the latest legislation of interest to motorized use. You can click on your State of interest and learn about each proposal. Illinois has a few to monitor concerning vehicle definitions and registration. As COVID becomes less of a concern assume more time will be devoted to legislation surrounding our sport.
    Old 179 likes this.