1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois tour march 20-27

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by motojoe, Feb 26, 2005.

1. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    I did, but now its all shot to hell. Loks like I have to be in chicago wedsnesday morning. Reason- my girlfriend will be coming along with me as of wednesday morning march 23rd. So I have friday afternoon the 18th through tuesday night the 22nd to ride alone. and then I may be taking her and meeting big brother elektron in arkansas for a few days.
    Perhaps this may be the itinerary

march 18th, go to class in the gear I will wear until tuesday night with the bike ready to roll and all my homeless bastard gear. Leave class around 2pm take a whiz and head south west, maybe as far as the emporers farm. camp out like a homeless guy in a field or under a bridge or next to a headstone.

march 19th, wake up like a homeless man in a field or on the emperors farm (out front as not to disturb the hunting that may be going on) or under a bridge or next to a headstone and take a whiz (not on headstone). roll up sleeping bag and head for springfield. ride around the capitol, take a picture of something governmental. ride towards the mississippi take pictures and then sleep somewhere in a field or under a bridge or next to a headstone, like a homeless man.

March 20th wake up in a field or under a bridge or next to a headstone and take a wiz (not on headstone) and roll up sleeping bag. If I am not at the mississippi river yet get there. Head north on the great river road. take photos. around bed time lay down in a field or under a bridge or next to a headstone, like a homeless man.

March 21st Wake up in a field or under a bridge or next to a headstone and take a whiz(not on headstone). roll up sleeping bag and head north up the great river road. take pictures. if i get to about savanna or so I will turn and start heading east. go east until its time to laydown again in a field or under a bridge or next to a headstone like a homeless man.

march 22nd Wake up like a homeless man (by now I will feel and look homeless) in a field or under a bridge or next to a headstone, take a whiz (not on headstone) and roll up my sleeping bag. continue east, if I am ahead of the game I will go into chicago and join a reproductive rights protest that morning, then ride around the ghetto and take pictures of my favorite places in chicago. If I am not ahead of the game I may go directly home to take a nice shower and eat a meal containing fresh meat and stuff. Load bike and two sleeping bags and travel home(tent) in pickup. sleep in a nice soft bed.

march 23rd Wake up in a nice soft bed, hit snooze. walk twenty steps to toilet, take a whiz. lay back down in bed. oversleep. pick up cha late(she will be irritated). drive south from her place in mundelein IL to a nice area in my eight hundred dollar truck. Shawnee natl forest if elektron doesn't plan on meeting us in arkansas or ozark mountain area if he does. unload bike and two sleeping bags and travel home(tent) set up travel home(tent). lay down, go to sleep.
    NOTE: thesetravel homes(tents) are for girls. Cha is a girl so I will not be able to sleep like a homeless bastard anymore, if i want to sleep next to her. I do want to sleep next to her, more than under a bridge in a field or next to a headstone. Travel home(tent) is not for man alone. it is for man and woman or man who acts like woman and man who acts like woman.

march 24th wake up in a travel home(tent) and realize the headstone complained far less when I woke up next to it. unzip door to travel home(tent) walk ten steps and take a whiz. roll up two sleeping bags and travel home (tent). load bike and ride to a nice place to park my eight hundred dollar truck (anywhere it wont get towed) with cha following in eight hundred dollar truck. cha park truck, put on ride gear and climb on rear of bike. ride away from eight hundred dollar truck with cha and our sleeping bags and a travel home(tent). when we are tired park bike and set up travel home (tent) unroll two sleeping bags and go to sleep.

march 25th wake up in a travel home(tent) and realize the headstone complained far less when I woke up next to it. unzip door to travel home(tent) walk ten steps and take a whiz. roll up two sleeping bags and travel home (tent). load bike and ride with cha, two sleeping bags and travel home(tent) until we are tired. when we are tired i will park bike and set up travel home (tent) unroll two sleeping bags and go to sleep.

march 26th wake up in a travel home(tent) and realize the headstone complained far less when I woke up next to it. unzip door to travel home(tent) walk ten steps and take a whiz. roll up two sleeping bags and travel home (tent). load bike and ride with cha, two sleeping bags and travel home(tent) back to my eight hundred dollar truck. when we are tired i will park bike next to eight hundred dollar truck and set up travel home (tent) unroll two sleeping bags and go to sleep.

March 27th wake up in a travel home(tent) and realize the headstone complained far less when I woke up next to it. unzip door to travel home(tent) walk ten steps and take a whiz. roll up two sleeping bags and travel home (tent). load bike and two sleeping bags and travel home and cha in eight hundred dollar truck and hope it starts. if it starts drive cha home and then go home to unload bike two sleeping bags and travel home(tent) go to sleep in nice soft bed.

March 28th Go to school and ask people what they did on break, act interested as they say I went to(insert boring, generic experience, resort here)

it may go like this it may not. its all up in the air till your plans fall apart as they should.
  2. motojoe

Oddometer:
    if elektron and cha and I meet up, it will be similar except I may have to walk twenty or thirty steps to pee so I dont whiz on him or his stuff or his bike. :deal
  3. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    dude, seriously, who leads when you two dance?
  4. 12bridn

12bridn I need throttle therapy

Oddometer:

That's way too organized. You need to loosen up. :rofl
  5. Cauldron

Cauldron Now in DESMODROMIC!

Oddometer:
    Why of course she lets me lead, what did you think???:rofl
  6. motojoe

Oddometer:
    whats this talk of dancing in my thread, stop it right now.
  7. motojoe

Oddometer:
    elektron confirmed intent, so I will head for arkansas on weds. to meet him in the ozarks for winding asphalt and gravel, any one gonna be down that way? I want to hang with the big brother so now I gotta let some of illinois wait till summer.

joe
  8. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    :rilla :rilla :rilla :jive
  9. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    Moto Joe, Mudelein is my home town man, you get here we can meet at Bills pub for a pizza on me. Check your pm call me when you're here. I'm actually in Grayslake-10 mins. north but I grew up, in mudville.
  10. LIP

LIP Open Mouth and insert LEG

Oddometer:
    If Skinner's buyin' Pizza at Bill's, I'm in!

LIP
  11. trailuser

trailuser take the backroads

Oddometer:
    There was a guy named Skinner down at Daytona last week, crazy guy, rode that KTM all the way from Chicago :)

Good to see that you didn't freeze on the way home!!

I rode some great sand west of Daytona on Sunday. You would have loved it :thumb

Miles and miles of it following a power-line. It was located off of CR42 , there was water crossings, 2-track, single-track, the whole works :eek1

Joe-sorry for the thread hijack :D
  12. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Skinner, Vstromrunner...I'm looking for a Daytona post???:ear
  13. motojoe

Oddometer:
    got an order into dennis kirk for some brake pads, figures they are low, with all the stoppies in the city(every red light). Threw the 43 tooth rear sprocket on the back (down from 47) and gonna put a 15 on the front(stock is 14). thursday night I will change the oil and put the tourance on the front. gonna have to use the givi box when I go down to arkansas to meet elektron if we are gonna carry camping gear with us since I will have the girl too. so my original post about a back pack ride gear and a bike will only apply to sping break 05 ride part 1.

looks like friday, head in general direction of the emperors farm (chain what are you doing saturday?) then real subtle like make a gentle right and head to the great river road on saturday. next its up the river towards galena. then another subtle right on sunday or monday to return towards the city. If time permits I will be swinging by the skinner's hood. (got your number, thanks)

Ideally I will be in chicago tuesday, load the bike and gear and grab cha (girlfriend) then its off to arkansas on weds. figure I will ride with girl and brother thursday friday and saturday. run home sat night sun morning for dinner w/ the parents and other brother sunday.

who knows some good areas in arkansas? Think windy asphalt and gravel, cuz I aint offroading with a weak leg and a passenger, well not much anyhow.

I am thinking maybe the quachita natl forest. looks like winding roads and not alot of big towns.
  14. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    just got home from Marion, IL. Its got to be 15f warmer down there.
    Stop by the farm Saturday, We are planning to burn the Big Bluestem (aka chains camp cushion) as long as the weather holds out, may even burn Friday eve and Saturday Morn. I think my bro is camping down there Saturday.
    Either way, you are allways welcome.
  15. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    How's Saturday for woodcutting? :ear
  16. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    Pics are on the ride report site. You know I don't write long reports, just smart ass remarks.

P.S. are ya hitched up? If so, Congrats!
  17. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  18. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    Hey boy,you look just like a hog.Come on piggy,give me a ride...looks like we got us a sow here,instead of a boar...I bet you can squeal like a pig.
  19. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

have a good time in arkansas
  20. motojoe

Oddometer:
    Chain, sounds good if the weather isn't too crappy I should make it.

Dad, Yikes