I'm back in the DS saddle with a brand new bike

Discussion in 'Photos' started by haknslash, Aug 18, 2011.

1. haknslash

haknslash Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Never bought a brand new bike before but I decided after months of riding the fence to finally pull the trigger.

The dealership had already rejetted the bike to fatten it up. I've already had boil over because of the crappy smog and WAYYYY TOO tall of gearing. Once I get the basic mods completed I will be a happy camper. Thank you greenies for making our lives hell with having to buy new bikes and then "tune" them just so they will run properly. It's a wonder these things can even idle lol.

Anyways here she is before a single scratch. i'm sure it won;t last long. Almost dropped it on the trail already from stalling due to the crazy tall gearing. Going to try 14/48 comb then go from there. Needs steering stabilizer to slow down the steering over rough terrain. Very twitchy without one. Lovin' the bike and it's my first KTM.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. LateNate

LateNate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sick bike, had an 08 450 and loved it. Especially after the said mods were done.:clap
  3. Hogslayer

Hogslayer motomaniac

Oddometer:
    Thats a Bad Ass looking bike , I definetly would hurt myself on that , my bones already ache just looking at it.:cry
  4. haknslash

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys.

Here's some more pics of it during yesterdays sunset :evil
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Boston_Sprint

Boston_Sprint Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great bike great pics.... what are you running for camera? My 60D is about to arrive any moment in the overnight from B & H.... went with the 18-200 to start (I do a lot of courtroom vids and need some zoomage). Then a 50, and a 100 and a 70-300 later.

Peace.
  6. haknslash

Oddometer:
    Thanks

I am using Canon 7D with Canon 135L glass on the sunset pics. I used Canon 50mm f/1.4 for the first "yard pics":freaky
  7. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    We will be in Bama for few days doing the DS thang. Why don't you join Us? I'd like to see your new bike get dirty:D
  8. Boston_Sprint

Boston_Sprint Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yah bro I thought I recognized the Canon signature. The walk off with the 50 is just so much fun, and it's a cheap lens to buy as well. I was a Nikon guy in the 80's but with video the Canon flip and swirl viewer is simply a must have. Be careful with that thing on your bike have a great weekend I'll be shooting a pretty cool music festival here in Boston:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZyqFK-AhdA&feature=player_embedded
    Peace.