I'm looking for transport of a GS450 from member in MI. to CA.

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by grcamna1, Mar 8, 2021.

1. grcamna1

grcamna1 Get out there,slow-down and enjoy the ride !

Oddometer:
    I'm buying member 'steve gs' GS450 and he lives in Mt. Clemens,MI.,I'm in Davis,CA.
    I'm 'financially challenged' so trying to do this the easiest way.I am considering taking the train then driving it back.. but the bike needs a minor carb. adjustment and I would rather see if someone might be traveling West from that direction that could put it in the back of their trailer? if they would get it at least across the Mississippi or further and I could make a shorter trip by train and supplement riding the bicycle part way also.
    I am open to good advice from any of you and recommendations. Thanks,Bill
  2. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    grcamna1 likes this.
  3. USCal30M1

USCal30M1 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmmm... anyone ever attempt to "relay" a bike across the country? That'd be neat to track it as it makes its way towards its final destination.
    grcamna1 likes this.
  4. grcamna1

Oddometer:
    Yeah,I'm 'up' for doing it that way :-) . I only have SS(no other income) so it's a challenge for me to consider a private shipping company which specializes in shipping motorcycles.I may need to take the train one-way then ride it back: 'steve gs' said it just needs a carburetor synch to be ready and I had the same situation back in 2018' when i purchased a GS450 from a man in MI. I took the train to the location and then drove the bike back here.I did the carb synch when I got it back here along with a few more adjustments,no problem.I stealth-camped along the way and arrived alive.
  5. markpuhl

markpuhl n00b

Oddometer:
    By the time you factor in the train ticket, a night (or 2, or 3) in a hotel, and gas for a cross country ride, you might be paying more than it would have cost you to ship it to your door.
    Nomadmax likes this.
  6. grcamna1

Oddometer:
    I understand.

I just now recd. a text from 'steve gs' and we've had a number of conversations and phone calls about me purchasing his 1980 GS450E in the last year,I was Really built-up & looking forward to getting it.. He said he is too busy to sell me his bike. :fall
    This is something I was really planning-on and now.. not possible. :fpalm

I am now looking for another 1980-83' Suzuki GS450E in very good condition and low miles like the one he has...

I am ready to travel as the thread suggests.
  7. grcamna1

Oddometer:
    I can travel especially light($) when I'm on the road,and stealth camping isn't a problem,I have warm gear.