[IMG]

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by Metalcarver, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Metalcarver

Metalcarver Geezer Berserker Supporter

Oddometer:
    I frequently read a post that has [​IMG]IMG in brackets and no picture and no link. But other people are commenting on the picture. Maybe I don't understand all I know.
  2. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    @Metalcarver

I'll answer from the standpoint of a laptop guy. I don't use my phone for AdvRider.

When you want to add a pic to a post you can of course upload it to the AdvRider servers and insert it into your post using the "Upload Pic or GPS Track" button. You can also add a pic using the "Image" button where you "hotlink" a photo hosted on some other website. That's like what you Metalcarver usually do with your Smugmug pics.

The hiccup happens when somebody hotlinks a photo from a website that your browser doesn't like. For instance, guys hotlink photos from Facebook pretty often and I can never see them--I get the placeholder but no pic. That's because my Firefox browser is set up to keep Facebook out of my life (yay!). Another problematic photo host is Google Pics.

Here's one thing you can try. Hover your cursor over the [ IMG ] then RIGHT CLICK on it. A pop-up box will (might) come up asking if you want to open the link in a new window. If you say yes, your browser will (might) then let you see it.
    Andrew likes this.
  3. Metalcarver

Metalcarver Geezer Berserker Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ah, thank you. Mystery solved. Firefox doesn't like facebook. Guess I'm OK with that.
    DRONE likes this.