immobilizer error. no start

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by road hammer, Feb 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. road hammer

road hammer have map will travel

Oddometer:
    while swapping parts specifically the upper triples between my 990's (09, 11 adventures) I unplugged the ignition while the battery was still connected (oops wrong?) after the work was done, on attempted restart the immobilizer is showing a code 16 alarm and will not crank.
    did my unplugging the ignition cause this? is it a dealer only reset?. makes me wonder how lucky i was in new Mexico when a wire broke in the ignition, good thing I didn't un plug it and accidentally lock myself out in the middle of nowhere! (repaired with marrette)
    ideas or help would be most thankfully appreciated as I would hate to take it to the dealer without some knowledge as to the cause of the error.
  2. Lurkerlou

Lurkerlou Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Paging Road Hammer , It’s Ryan , I was going to come over with the laptop and tune ecu cable and see if we can straighten your bikes out but your phone appears to not be working. Rings once then switches to a busy signal. It’s been doing this for a while and I just have a vague idea where you live.

Thought you might get this and be able to call.
  3. road hammer

Oddometer:
    tmi. been corrected thx.
  4. Rharr

Rharr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    this is a public forum, you many want to remove your private information.
  5. road hammer

Oddometer:
    thx rharr. thought it was a private message.
  6. PaisaMed

PaisaMed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Road hammer, I unplugged my ignition without disconnecting my battery first and I didn't know that this is a no no. Anyway, my bike won't start and after reactivating my black key using the orange program key, it still won't start. I think I have an immobilizer issue. How did you resolve your starting issue?