Immobilizer reset question

Discussion in 'Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)' started by Fierce Beagle, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Fierce Beagle

Fierce Beagle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So this morning I did the dumbest thing I’ve done in a while, I tried the spare key out that I just received from the previous owner. This spare key is not a KTM key but something that works in the lock but does not have a chip. I am imagine that the previous owner tried to rig up an antenna key somewhere on the bike and this was his spare. Well, I gave it a shot and naturally the bike doesn’t start so that won’t work. But now, my regular key doesn’t work and the immobilizer light Is on solid. Looks like the bike is in “don’t steal me” mode. How do I get it to reset, And get my KTM key to work again?

Attached Files:

2. road_apple

road_apple Hit the Trail

Oddometer:
  3. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think the immobilizer will reset after some time. 1/2 hour, 1 hour?
  4. Fierce Beagle

Oddometer:
    Two days later… The immobilizer light is steady solid still.
    So I watch that video, and I am concerned that using the orange key will do some re-programming to my tuning set up. I have the power commander auto tuner and fuel injection module. These were installed by the previous owner so I am not familiar with how to re-tune them if necessary.
  5. Fierce Beagle

Oddometer:
    So I followed the video with no change on reprogramming the old black key. The immobilizer light stayed on after the process.
    So, I noticed that after step 1 (orange key) and step 2 (black key), the light was off. I skipped step 3 (orange key again) and I hit the starter button.
    Been working fine since.
    DirtyADV and Boatman like this.