Impecunious and Indigent European Edventure - gonna make this a rich summer on a tiny budget

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by flyingdutchman177, May 26, 2019.

1. flyingdutchman177

flyingdutchman177 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wi/Si
  2. funbadger

funbadger Part man, part Badger

Oddometer:
    Me and my friend Jez have just returned from an epic 10 day trip to ride in the Pyrenees. We were in Barcelona last Monday evening, just as things started to kick off. Happily, we were staying to the north of the city, and getting out and back to the Pyrenees was a doddle.

You will love it there, especially if you stay off the beaten track. Buenos viajes!
  3. Pete_Tallahassee

Pete_Tallahassee Grampy

Oddometer:
    Haiti / Dominican Republic
    flyingdutchman177 likes this.
  4. forgorin

forgorin Stuck in Japan

Oddometer:
    Japan! Free camping all over, nice clean toilets everywhere! Cheap food too! Just stay away from sushi and any kind of western food. Country folk tend to be much nicer than city people. Same as most countries!

Unfortunately, no CBR250RR. They are about 4k us dollars here. I do have a nice little Honda GB 250 Clubman you could have a blast running around on. I usually do! There is also a Kawasaki Eliminator 250 somewhere in the garage. That kawasaki is sooooooooo much fun. With the ninja engine screaming away at 18,000 rpms it is bound to put a smile on your face!!!!

Cant wait to here what you two hooligans get up to next month!
  5. Lopburi

Lopburi Lost in paradise

Oddometer:
    18,000 rpm. Hurry up Ed
  6. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Get one of those bikes running for me. I hope to be coming to Japan next April and May.
    forgorin, JanSerce and td63 like this.
  7. MaNDan

MaNDan 'Old Japanese cycles & '26Chevy truck

Oddometer:
    Ditto ^ ^ ^ what forgorin wrote above.
  8. Champe

Champe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is a tribute photo to Ed. His India edventure used a KTM 390 Duke and Viaterra luggage. This is a similar rig. The bike is the newer model, bought new in Bogota Colombia about a month ago. It has 2800 km on it now, having been ridden to the Caribbean coast and back to Bogota. The luggage is a Viaterra tank bag and an "Eagle Claw" tail bag. I do not have a rack yet, like Ed did. This bike is the prettiest and fastest bike around in Colombia. I am always treated like a rock star driving a Ferrari. It did cost double what they cost in India and about $1000 more than what they cost in the US. At this time I am back in the US (New Hampshire) and am thinking of writing a ride report. The bike is waiting for my return in April so that will be an even better trip since I now know the lay of the land. I will be looking forward to seeing the sweet young thing standing by the bike also.
    DSCN4440.JPG
    atokad, 08StangGT_CS, Foiler and 5 others like this.
  9. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    That is awesome. I still have the Sargent Seat for the Duke 390. Not sure if I will get another 390, but I really did enjoy that bike. And I hear they are coming out with a 490
    I hope KTM is listening. I am selling bikes.
    I also cant help but notice the lovely girl in the photo and wondered if she came along.......after all, I had 3 on my bike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Big jimmy

Big jimmy n00b

Oddometer:
    Ed. I started reading that ride report a while after you started writing and had to play catch up but as always I was ensconced from the beginning.

I've been following your reports for a while now and I don't mind admitting that you're reports are what motivated me to get back on the bikes having gone completely 4 wheeled for a few years and also to do my first solo bike adventure abroad. A week in Romania pales in comparison to what the likes of you have accomplished but we all start somewhere.

It has given me the bug and I'm looking forward to many more trips to foreign lands on the bike. I have already booked a month off of work next August, a first for me, with a view to getting a proper adventure ride under my belt.

Anyway thanks for the effort you put into these reports. I know there must be times when you wonder if it's worth the work. For what it's worth, I wouldn't be back on two wheels if it wasn't for you.
    Please keep writing.
    Mofrid, Francistor83, #1Fan and 6 others like this.
  11. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Hey Big Jimmy
    If I ever get discouraged about blogging about my rides and Edventures, I will go back and read your very nice words and realize why I am making the effort. Thank you for your comment. It means more to me than you all probably know.

Even though I am back in California, the Edventures continue. Nothing worthy of a ride report here but the Mods don't want the ride reports to become someone's daily blog as each RR has a beginning and end.
    I am posting on IG and FB daily if interested
    @2balancetheworld

But a new Rad-icle mororcycle Ed-venture starts in just two weeks. This one is going to be epic.
    New RR forthcoming
  12. radmann10

radmann10 Derf Supporter

Oddometer:
    Can't wait for the new Ed-venture!
    simmons1 likes this.
  13. poppawheelie

poppawheelie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pushing the boundaries again, eh? :amazon
  14. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    It's going to be a Rad-icle Ed-venture
    Ed-venture with one "n"
    And Rad-icle with Rad.
  15. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    It'll be mag-ical.
    jays100 likes this.
  16. Long Trail

Long Trail ADV Ready

Oddometer:
    Can’t wait for the next RR! It’s funny to see the picture of you three up on your Duke as I had forgotten all about that story. After many years of following your travels it is easy to forget some of those things with the vast amount of experiences you have shared with us. So another thanks for everything you have given us dreamers!
  17. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    And me the same. Some times, I have randomly selected pages from the past to relive. There are things I've done that I don't remember. Sometimes for good reason. It has all been such a blur these past 7 years.
    I will kick off the new RR next week. Look out for it.
    7thson, Champe, Foiler and 17 others like this.
  18. poppawheelie

poppawheelie Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. Champe

Champe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ed has me beat with three on the bike. In Colombia, (with a Colombia plated bike) you need to have the plate number on every helmet, so there is another obstacle to carrying a passenger. Next trip I will bring an extra helmet, in spite of the added weight/volume. Also, I now have a luggage rack to carry it on. Last time I had three on a bike it was a girl sandwiched between two guys. Lots of fun ! Looking forward to the next chapter of Radicle Edventures.
  20. SmilinJoe

SmilinJoe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any big announcement yet ED??
    Foiler likes this.