Impecunious and Indigent European Edventure - gonna make this a rich summer on a tiny budget

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by flyingdutchman177, May 26, 2019.

1. flyingdutchman177

flyingdutchman177 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had a couple or people posting some negative comments on my 2balancetheworld Facebook page......like I wasn't feel bad enough already. They made me look like I was an idiot. And on that day I was. But in the last 7 years, I have done pretty well for myself. Of course it hasn't been perfect but still not bad considering it all.
    I haven't even had a serious injury or illness. And the only "crash" I had was that slideout in Oman in the slick mossy water crossing.
    I have many close calls. But I think about how lucky I've been and the fact that my worse ordeal was losing a bag with some stuff and a lot of money in it. If that is the worst it gets, I am pretty fortunate.
    Force0321, Kona990, td63 and 33 others like this.
  2. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    The police were no help what so ever. They acted like doing anything was just a bother for them.
    This made me upset. Weren't they being paid to try and help me?
    And then I had some people making comments that only made me feel like more of an idiot.
    I honestly have no idea what happened or why I left the bag behind. I wasn't drunk or on drugs. I guess I just spaced out.
    I thought I was going to have to sleep outside in a not so safe area. I walked about one kilomenter, dragging my broken suitcase behind me. I found a hostel that was open 24 hours but they had no rooms.
    This guy not only let me in, it was probably against their rules but he let me hang out in their lobby until the sun came up. It was about 35 degrees out and I was not dressed for the cold.
    I am very thankful that he let me in that night. So much so, I wanted to have a picture with him so I can remember him and that moment.

[​IMG]
    Force0321, Kona990, td63 and 18 others like this.
  3. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    The Czech people seem to be a very sexual group. Or so it seems. Still no CZ stamps in my passport.

[​IMG]
    Kona990, Foiler, VisionPilot and 6 others like this.
  4. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Hey Rad, we need one of these to cruise around town on.

[​IMG]

Or maybe one of these

[​IMG]

You can still pick them up for less than $2000
    cejnys, Kona990, td63 and 19 others like this.
  5. Romero

Romero At Cinépolis or OXXO

Oddometer:
    Ed,
    People that post that negative stuff aren't out there doing anything.
    Fuck them. I've met you and you are true friend- most of us wish we had your miles under our tires.
    The longest ride I ever do is 1200 miles back and forth to Morelia...... On the DRZ! 2x4 seat!
    Keep on it brother,
    PM me for anything.
    Force0321, td63, Foiler and 10 others like this.
  6. BarryB

BarryB Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    So you get a pair of the 350’s and ride Europe this summer. Get some skid plates and appropriate tires and call Africa a “retro-adventure,” Just kidding. Keep smiling, Ed! There’s WAY more people that love you, than a few nutters that don’t!
    td63, Tiger-Mike, shuswap1 and 3 others like this.
  7. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    This is where I am staying for one week before I head to Italy. It is a friend of Radim's. It is the same place that I am storing my VFR800.
    They have a garden house which has it's own sitting room, bathroom, kitchen and bedroom. I am certainly not complaining now.

[​IMG]

I borrowed a bike and went for a pedal along the river. Heading towards the castle on the hill.

[​IMG]

First one of these. And certainly not my last. About $2 in a bar on tap

[​IMG]

Back on the farm. We are grilling up some meat on the Bbq for dinner. Not a bad life here in CZ

[​IMG]
    Force0321, Kona990, td63 and 22 others like this.
  8. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    I did call them from the police station that night. I had zero cash and wondered what they could do to help me. They were very nice and friendly but there wasnt but they could do other than provide information.
    ExplorerFrog likes this.
  9. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the most generous offer Wks1, but I have my VFR800 and will use that for the summer. I had my heart set on buying a TTR600. I still plan to. If not this summer, hopefully next. But I still have not given up on the idea this year.
  10. danh600

danh600 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep.
  11. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Anyone in the Munich area this week? I am heading to Italy and I will be passing thru Munich and need a place to stay.
    If not, I have my tent and I will find a place to camp in the area.
    VisionPilot likes this.
  12. BruceT

BruceT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    aaahhh, Urquel...deelish !...Ed, are those 350's two-stroke?
  13. HandCanonShootr

HandCanonShootr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gotta be a 2-smoker, don't think CZ has ever made a 4-stroke (that I've ever seen).

Lalo, hang in there, you are so far from being an idiot. Anyone posting such does not know your history.
    Just a bump in the road, (big-pothole I know) ride it out.
    Appreciate all the efforts to share these 7yrs. Do continue, Thanks.

Still owe you those street tacos (or BBQ & Brews), whenever in So CA

Mike B
  14. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Do I have any friends in Italy? I need help with translating English to Italian. Google translate is not getting the job done. Send me a PM if you can help.
    Thanks

This has been my screen saver for the past 5 months. Hard to look at it now. But I am going to try buying one in Italy if I can get a good deal. Might have to give up wine for a while.

[​IMG]

If you can speak Italian and you have a bit of time, please send me a PM
    RiderRick, forgorin and SmilinJoe like this.
  15. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Of course.
    Old CZ's
    175 and 350 cc
    BruceT likes this.
  16. Romero

Romero At Cinépolis or OXXO

Oddometer:
    Ed, talk to Stefano- perfect English - just north of Rome in Umbria in the town of Todi.... Roughly between Orvieto and Perugia.

Don't stop at any of the Romanian caravans that are parked by the side of the roads!

http://www.agostiniautonoleggio.com/

This is my contact we talked about... Solid guy
    td63, natraps and guglemonster like this.
  17. JanSerce

JanSerce Adventurer

Oddometer:
    LoL Ed this was my first motorcycle ever! I love the sound of twin 2cycle 350! Mine cost me only $15 but back them cheaper was better. It needed Some work but my love for bikes is because of this machine. Whole eatern block and Russia is littered with them. If you need one, let me know. LoL ....dejavu?!?
  18. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    Not looking for one of these just yet. But you found my VFR for me so maybe you can keep your eyes out for a Yamaha TT600R/TTR600 (in red).
    JanSerce, jays100 and Francistor83 like this.
  19. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Ed, wrong choise here, yamahas ttr honda xr are way to highly priced from the wrong reason, piece of rust in my opinion not worth much, you need a travel mule, not a jumping horse, get a tt instead, or an XL.... here dominators are also very common... again.... not my cup of tea ;)

on the contrary, go for a SE 650 DR last generation, you can easily find them around 1000 bucks in mint, or close to, condition, some adjustment for the rear frame, I know there's some great news out there what to do before starting the trip, @michnus and @Suzie&Kelvin/AvVida will know how to help you further for these dynos ;) if you need any help with translations or backup plans, email me info@guglatech.com......

sorry for the bag.....

cheers
    Throttlist and jays100 like this.
  20. flyingdutchman177

Oddometer:
    I am more impecunious than ever but that doesn't mean I can't have a nice beer now and then.
    I stopped by my favorite pub which Rad brought me to last year. It has a selection of CZ craft brews on tap. This is a triple IPA.
    I sat at the bar so i could get a better view of the beer taps.

[​IMG]

Here's the bar viewed from the outside.
    This is a Scotch Ale. I asked for a taste sample and I received a full glass. Oh well......these are some of the issues I face not speaking the native language. Some how I make due.

[​IMG]
    Kona990, RiderRick, Foiler and 11 others like this.