I've had a Touratech countershaft cover sitting in my toolbox for months now. After purchasing it I didn't like the fact that the design did not protect the electrical wiring and brake lines in the manner that the OEM plastic cover does. Therefore I didn't bother to install the T'tech part. I was thinking about listing it on eBAY until the other day. While riding last week my bike began leaking oil. After the ride I traced the source to the sprocket seal (I replaced the o-ring). In discovering the leak I noted that the sprocket anchoring bolt was loose, most likely the cause of the chewed up o-ring. As other 640ADV owners know, the OEM plastic cover doesn't allow for a quick visual inspection of the c/s sprocket, anchoring bolt, etc... the T'tech cover would though. I wanted to be able to make a quick visual inspection whenever I felt like it. Necessity being the mother of invention I decided to make a better mousetrap. Here are some notes and photos of that process. As a reference... here's a photo of the T'tech c/s sprocket cover installed. I've circled the area that wasn't protected in the same way as the OEM plastic cover. Also note that this installation replaces the hex bolts, provided by T'tech, with metric OEM-like bolts of the same length. I found that the hex end of the T'tech bolts stripped too easily. Step #1 - I trimmed the OEM plastic c/s sprocket cover to the desired shape (before and after photos follow). BEFORE AFTER Step #2 - The T'tech cover came with two aluminum spacers. I cut one of them in half, then filed each half down to the necessary height to accomodate this modification. Step #3 - Assemble the pieces and check for proper fit. Step #4 - Install on the bike and admire the new and improved c/s sprocket cover!