1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

IMS Adv1 Pegs on R1250 GSA

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Dale402, May 28, 2020.

1. Dale402

Dale402 The holder of what's unused Supporter

Oddometer:
    AE7C8485-F2D7-4294-81B4-9DA6389AF8AC.jpeg Has anyone installed IMS pegs on their R1250 yet? I got the ADV1 pegs. Correct part number and all. But I’m having an install issue.

On the right foot peg the spring is pretty well blocked by the new bolt that sits there. No instructions, so the only way I could figure the springs went on means the right peg doesn’t go up at all. Pic attached to show it. Maybe I’ve got the springs backwards.

I’m also in email contact with IMS (they’re quick to respond). Just wanted to see if anyone here had any tips or knowledge.

thank you!
    Dale402

Attached Files:

2. roaddog12

roaddog12 Wait,what? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did you hear back from them ? And why did you switch ?
    have a 20 1250GSA and curious as i would like little lower foot pegs on mine
    Thanks
  3. Dale402

Dale402 The holder of what's unused Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did! And I’m all good now. I had the springs in terribly wrong, matter-of-factly I had them on the wrong sides. The pegs are incredible!

Now, I don’t know that these have an option to be lower or that they are lower. I’ve been going through pegs it seems trying to find the best fit and these work as they’re the largest.

I had Black Dog Cycle Works traction pegs and they go a little lower and forward. I then switched those out for a good deal on Illium Works Big Gripper Pegs. They were great for going forward and down, but the peg size was smallish for me (great for traveling though). If you have any other questions shoot me a PM. I know a guy selling the BDCW and Illium pegs now (me!).
  4. dtopps

dtopps Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interested in those pegs. Ooops, just saw your PM reply. Ignore this nudge
    Dale402 likes this.