In helmet bluetooth speakers..

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Newventure, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Newventure

Newventure Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi , I am looking for some type of bluetooth speakers that I can put in my helmet to hear navigation from my phone . I do not need any phone or intercom . I would like a good quality piece. I had a cardo q-solo in the past and liked it but would like something with no boom mike or box attached outside the helmet . I have seen things for hikers snowboarders and such but have no idea how they would be in a bike helmet doing 70 on the highway .. Any advice is appreciated .. thanks
  2. jb882

jb882 13HP of fury.

Oddometer:
    Take a look at the cardo freecom 1. It should meet your needs easily and be pretty slim on the outside of the helmet. In the case of the microphone, just dont attach it....
  3. Newventure

Newventure Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you .. I will check that out
  4. VeryBumpy

VeryBumpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for the same. A simple, flat small BT speaker doesn't seem to exist small enough.
    I'm tempted to try and make this fit to my helmet somehow.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Monster-Boomerang-Bluetooth-Lightweight-Waterproof/dp/B08BKZTZNT/ref=sr_1_19?crid=3BBOB67V1H9DK&dchild=1&keywords=thin+small+bluetooth+speaker&qid=1619143165&sprefix=thin+small+blue,aps,232&sr=8-19

Edit:There is also Bose as a popular choice but spendy.
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/bose...long-term-south-american-ride-review.1157477/
  5. vince82

vince82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The quality of the earpiece is completely irrelevant unless you are riding in something with a very good aero bubble, like a goldwing.
    On 99% of the bikes at hwy speed all you hear is wind. I use in-ear sleeping earbuds attached to my cardo. Works as earplugs and speakers at the same time,and it's flush on your ear, so it's comfy inside the helmet.