In search of MA BDR

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Bigfury, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Bigfury

Bigfury Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody know where the tracks are to be had for the trails from Pa south to (possible) Tennessee ? Thank you in advance. Love this place, it gets me of my dead a$$ and explore.
  2. NorthernTraveler

NorthernTraveler Long time Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Look in the regional forums for the Trans Maine Trail. TMT
  3. Cardsdaddy

Cardsdaddy Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. Bkoenig

Bkoenig Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The track is up for download. We tried to make it to the movie preview at the library last night when they released it but hit a deer on the way.
  5. kyhoytarcher

kyhoytarcher Not all who wander are lost

Oddometer:
  6. PittsDriver

PittsDriver Fuse lit.... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I made a donation to the BDR folks and got a copy of the DVD for the MABDR ride. It was entertaining to watch but it wasn't exactly riveting and I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

You can download the track for free from the BDR web site. No mystery or complications there or any reason to look elsewhere.
  7. PittsDriver

PittsDriver Fuse lit.... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Having watched the movie, it seems obvious to me that they were very determined to make this track big bike friendly. There were a number of great opportunities along this route to have included a more challenging section and only did so in one spot. I would say that it also seemed to be a priority to connect interesting towns and places of historical interest. The paper maps supplied by Butler for this route are excellent and have some color commentary about these places of interest and the routes that connect them - this is well worth getting the full MABDR package from the BDR folks if you're going to ride this route.

And, if anyone is interested in starting farther south than Damascus, I have some tracks that I've ridden and Sam Correro has his new extension from Andrews NC to Damascus that would work equally well to make this a longer ride than the MABDR folks created.