India : Bangalore to Honnavar Trip

Discussion in 'Asia' started by InventiveNerd, Oct 11, 2008.

1. InventiveNerd

InventiveNerd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Teaser Pics

[​IMG]

Details will b uploaded soon...
  2. InventiveNerd

InventiveNerd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When I am tired, I am frastated I look for person to eradicate my tiredness, to come out from frastation. But nothing works infront of Biking.

Two days holiday. Decided to clearn house, clothes and to do some other work. 8 oct morning. Woke up lil late. frastated mind. No riding plan.Dry wallet.

Send an sms to Ajay " What are you doing ? ". Reply " Nothing ". Sms to Mibhin the same. Reply " Bored in Home ". Expected replies they were. Discussed with Ajay to go somewhere. But don't know where to go. Ajay told me just come to my place will discuss and move.filled the saddle bag with neccessary. Arrived at Ajay's place at 3 pm. Mibhin on the way to reach.Start searching place where to go. Ajay took the responsibility to find a better place to hang out.

[​IMG]

We made up our mind to go near beach area. So Honnavar got the highest vote. Specially we wanted to ride on twisty road. So Shimoga, jog fall, honnavar was our perfect choice. Mibhin arrived with red RTR. Was chatting with Sudeep (tumkur xbhpian). He will meet with us at Tumkur was the plan. We are ready to sit on our bike now

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We decided to hit tumkur road via NICE road and it was the right decision I must say. Unexpected traffic jam we faced till first toll gate when we touched tumkur road. It was really horrible. We lost Ajay in city traffic. After that Hassan diversion me and Mibhin was waiting for Ajay.After 10 Minutes Ajay reached. We took our next break at Tumkur.

Waiting for Sudeep
    [​IMG]
    Soon he arrived with his friend Jim. It was nice meeting sudeep and jim. We took tea break inside the city somewhere. And thanks for showing us the longer way:D. we realised on the way back.:p When we left the tea shop it was already dark. We decided to stay at Sagar. The only tension was whether late night log in facility wud b there in hotel at sagar or not. Anyway we started. And took another tea break at KB Cross.

[​IMG]

After KB cross we took dinner break at Masala at Kodur. And it was delicious recipe there. Very nice place and one the best dhaba near that area. I strongly recommend tourer to take break there for lunch / dinner if anyone on that way. Filled our stomach with Non-veg, chicken, mutton. Obviously not Ajay as he is vegetarian. :D

[​IMG]

We reached shimoga at 1 am. We decided not to go ahead on that time. So start finding Hotel. Ajay was searching the hotel where he stayed last time. We go few hotels but parking was the problem. we took few snaps while searching hotel

[​IMG]

We stayed at Sri Dugra Lodge and it was good. The funny part was we stayed 3 separate rooms as no twin/triple share room was empty. I was at Ground floor, Ajay and Mibhin on first.

[​IMG]
    Note down the number and address. It might help to our tourers

Sri Durga Lodge
    B.H. Road. Shimoga - 577201
    Phone
    08182-223081

To be Continued...
  3. InventiveNerd

InventiveNerd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Continue logs...

As we all were in different rooms so somebody had to take the responsibility to wake us up. And Mibhin did that job very adequately. Finally we left the hotel at 6 AM. After shimoga the twisty road started. The first curve we had seen with a mishap.

[​IMG]

The road was very much inviting. We took breakfast stopover at Anandpuram

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kodachadri was very near to us. Once I told to our guys lets go to Kodachadri but din't get strong response. So we continued. We took only one break till Jog falls. First I thought we won't b able to go Jog falls. Me and Mibhin was totally in the dark about Jog falls. I mean we thought jog fall will come on different way from our way to Honnavar. But when we saw the board Jog falls - 2.4 KM we decided not to miss the place. We visited Jog falls and it was first time visit for me and Mibhin. Ammazing place and we felt we should hang out for night over there. Many places are there to see. as we didn't have enough time so we left Jog falls after 20 minutes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. InventiveNerd

InventiveNerd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After jog fall till Honnavar road was okay type but before honnavar 6 km street was just amazing. We took another break at Bangalore Circle at Honnavar. From there it was a dangerous event. Ppl convinced me to go to Goa and I was ready as it was just 100+ km. Thanks that I did not go otherwise it could have brought a huge problem for my Job (sigh). As soon as we reached Honnavar we were getting beach smell I mean fish smell. I was just excited to see the beach. You guys will see my excitement near the beach. I always lost myself in front of beach. I know wat I was scared to take a bath over there. It looks very deep and no one was there except we three. And water level was increasing with each and every wave.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mibhin's bike fell near the beach and mine was about to. Thanks Ajay to save my bike.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  5. InventiveNerd

InventiveNerd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. InventiveNerd

InventiveNerd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Beach Model :D:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. InventiveNerd

InventiveNerd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My excitement

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I jump i don't know why my face expression get change. I could have given a broad smile:mad:

[​IMG]
  8. InventiveNerd

InventiveNerd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    True :D

Few more

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was the last pic on beach. Now story of way back ride which is very twisty. Will post the log soon

[​IMG]
  9. InventiveNerd

InventiveNerd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, Now lets come back from Honnavar. As we had to come back Bangalore by 9 Oct night so we didnt have enough time to spend there but next time I am going to stay at Honnavar to enjoy the sun set time near the beach. Wanted to take lot of pics but time was the villain this time. To stay at Honnavar Prameela Lodging would b cool. Posting here the address which might help others.

Prameela Paradise Lodging and Boarding
    N.H. 17, Bangalore Circle, Honnavar
    Phone : 08387-220199 / 220899
    Cell : 9448007719

We left Honnavar near about 2:30 pm. Took a small break to buy water bottle at Bangalore Circle.We were damn hungry. Decided to take break at Sagar for lunch. The full ghat section Mibhin was leading and he was doing pertty well. He was totally controlled with his RTR. Anyway We stopped near a restaurant but it was fully veg so went to other place. Nearby we were not getting any other hotel. Stomach was making noises by that time. Finally we got an Hotel. But my bad luck Non veg was closed that time. So no other option. I had to take veg food which i was not ready to have with lion hungriness. before shimoga no other restaurant as well. Filled up stomach. Now got energy to continue. and decided to take break at that same place where we took dinner break first day. Before leaving Sagar I collected the visiting card from a hotel which again might help riders.

Hotel Varada Shree
    B.H. Road (NH-206)
    Sagar - 577401
    Cell : 9242226788

After Sagar our main test started. The bad road. The road was such a bad, you have to b very careful to ride at night. Unexpected hidden potholes will surely spoil your rim. I was all the way tailing to save my rim. Already front rim is lil bend so din't take any chances. Was coming lil slow. And stupid opposite traffics they were using their high beam to disturb us.Was horrible to manage on pothole road.Thanks God my rim is still okay. I was really scared about pothole and remembering Pranay's situation which was making me deeply scared.You gotta be very careful on that street my dear tourers.It was like you have to choose which pothole you like to ride on. You can not miss them. Anyway finally we reached at Kodur and took dinner break at Masala. It was huge crowd there. No place to sit. We had to wait.

Finally got place and ordered chicken / mutton for me and Mibhin, Veg item for Ajay. The fun part was I had finished my dinner and mibhin was just about to finish. That time Mibhin realised they din't give us Mutton. Which curry we thot mutton that was actualy chicken. And we started laughing loudly:D:D. Realized we are still not pakka non-vegetarian. After finishing dinner as soon as we sit on our bike rain started. Rain gear on immediately. Mibhin's rain gear was just superb. Too reflective at night. You can see on below image

[​IMG]

The rain was lil strong to make us ride slow. Was not able to see even with white visor.We were seeing stars n rainbow. I started feeling something by that time on my body. My entire body was shivering like anything. Was not able to hold bike's handle properly. Too much hit from body. Head was paining like anything. Got feverish feel. I am not comfortable at all to ride bike that time. Decided not to take any risk as still we have to ride 200 km to reach Bangalore. Informed Ajay and Mibhin about my condition. Immediately they realized and allowed me to take break at Arsikere. so we holed night at Arsikere.

Here I want to mention something. I told Ajay and Mibhin to continue as I was not able to ride. But when they came to know I was getting feverish feel they didn't leave me alone. If I am not okay till next morning. Salute to my group to think on broad way and to understand me and the situation. And for giving me company. We took a hotel. 500/- for a triple share room.

arre i forgot to tell you guys. When we were at Shimoga on the way back. Ajay's bike was making scary noise. I got it immediately that it was coming from Chain sprocket as i was hearing same kind of noises from long since i changed sprocket. Ajay was tensed if the bike stopped and don't take him forward. Anyway from a local mechanic shop we make the chain lil tight and continued our ride.

In the hotel at Arsikere we all were seeing the photographs we had taken. I just started seeing from my cell but when i slept even i don't know. They took one snap which i came to know at Morning

[​IMG]

Woke up at early morning. As I had to catch my office. We left the hotel ASAP. From Arsikere I was leading the ride and was maintaining 90. For sometimes I was just trying to ride on 100 plus. As soon as I started ripping Ajay overtook me and I thot its racing time as road was too good and free. Suddenly I saw Ajay was showing me slow down signal. Finally he stopped and told us we should controll our speed. Hats off to you Ajay for thinking of everyone's safety. Actualy 90 is good enough to cruise. No need to rip. Many of u guys may not agree with that but thats how we like to ride. We took a butt break. From there Ajay took the lead.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One the way back we stopped few more places which name I can't remember now. And we took few more photoes

[​IMG]

Sharavath Valley
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Take break at Kamat after the tumkur toll gate was our plan. Ajay and Mibhin went inside the Kamat area from highway to take break for breakfast. I was not ready to take break as i have office at 11 am. And now its 9:10 am. So I told them bye over there and ripped till my house. Left Kamat at 9:10 am and reached home at 10:20 am. It was pretty fast. Took all nice road way.Came home and sent sms to Ajay and Mibhin about my arrival at home safely. after few minutes got reply from Mibhin. He also arrived safely.Didn't get reply from Ajay but was tension less as I always have confidence about Ajay's riding. Took a quick bath and went office on time. After coming back from office you know ..deep sleep ZZZzzzZZZZ. Thats how My Honnavar Trip ended up. C ya guys. Ba bye ta ta. Jay Hind!

Kilometers covered : 1100 km (to and fro)
    Bike we rode : ZMA (Ajay), RTR (Mibhin) and Pulsar (John)
    Starting Time and Date : 8 Oct 08 at 3:30 PM
    Ending Time and Date : 10 Oct 08 at 10:30 AM
    Route we had taken : Bangalore - Tumkur - Arsikere - Shimoga - Sagar - Jog falls - Honnavar and same way back.
  10. avinrichards

avinrichards n00b

Oddometer:
    Better late than never :)

Looks like a load of fun.

why not we post more of our recent adventures ??
  11. chook chaser

chook chaser adv

Oddometer:
    tx for a good report i wish we had the varity of scenerio here in West australia
    you have a lovely backyard for riding and those dabas i want to try them they sound like good value Inventive :) cheers greg
  12. chook chaser

chook chaser adv

Oddometer:
    yes please do everyone enjoys reading reports from aisa and the subcontinent
    more :clap
  13. griffin146

griffin146 Coming in Hot.....

Oddometer:
    Very nice pics guys.
    You all are so lucky now that you have a lot of great bikes to choose from.
    I spent a few years in Manipal in the early 90s.
    Rode mainly a RX100 and for 2 years the great RD350 :D
    Enjoy your ride guys.:clap :clap