Indian FTR1200 - Flat Tracker

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by grip-wolrd, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Max Kool

Max Kool Xtankteam™

Oddometer:
    Pretty sure it’s a loose connector of some sorts. Maybe from an evap solenoid.

I don’t think it’s a real problem.
  2. grip-wolrd

grip-wolrd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thats the original resonator mounting bracket. I guess they could have taken it off.
    IdahoRenegade likes this.
  3. LNBright

LNBright n00b

Oddometer:
    Noobie Doobie likes this.
  4. grip-wolrd

grip-wolrd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I guess the Rally is hinting at some off-road capability. Here are some photos I could find online:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Xeroo and Florida Lime like this.
  5. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    You'll notice the knee angle in the photo. I sat on that bike, VERY sport bike type ergos. No way I'd feel right or comfortable in the dirt on it. Make some major ergo changes and "maybe".....
    Max Kool likes this.
  6. paquo

paquo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    nice bike, if you're a midget
  7. Max Kool

Max Kool Xtankteam™

Oddometer:
    That said: higher seat, higher (bigger!) tank, 2 more inches of suspension travel and we suddenly have a nice dual sport...
  8. Xeroo

Xeroo sweeet!

Oddometer:

Cool bike....But with this rally component its going to be soo expensive...
  9. soldierguy

soldierguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Funny you should mention price. It is expensive, but for me at least, it's sitting in the same ballpark with other bikes I'm currently considering.

Right now I've got a '16 Triumph Scrambler, and by this weekend that'll be my only bike. Selling my R1100GS because it needs a transmission rebuild, and that's something that I just don't have the skills or time for at this stage of life. I'm going to keep the Scrambler for a while (that's the plan anyway...), while I get used to having only one bike, and to let a few things come to market that interest me.

The things that have interested me lately: Indian FTR 1200S with the tour package, Yamaha Riken Touring, '19 Versys 1000 SE LT+, BMW F850GS Adventure, BMW R1200GS Rallye (I'd have to go used for that, which is fine), and maybe the Moto Guzzi V85. You get the idea...good power, a little space for luggage, varying degrees of comfort, 500 pounds give or take a few (the Versys being on the porky side), a little wind protection, not quite on the market yet (save teh 1200GS Rallye) and the bikes on the list aren't necessarily competitors to one another...they all just appeal to me for different reasons. I haven't seen any prices for the Guzzi, but with the others, prices north of $15K seems to be the norm. At first that was shocking to me, but I guess I've realized that for what I want in a bike, that seems to be the going rate. The FTR 1200S I built on the Indian site rang in north of $18K.

Then again, maybe I should just ride the Scrambler and call it good. It does put a big grin on my face every time I ride it...
    Noobie Doobie likes this.
  10. jclark83

jclark83 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone have one of these?
    I took a short demo ride on the S model Saturday and really liked it. The ergos felt good for me (5'11", 33" inseam). Handling very neutral and the motor just rips. I ran thru some broken pavement sections and the suspension soaked it up pretty good. Rear shock was set a little harsh for my weight (185), but it fully adjustable. The sales guy wasn't too keen on me making any adjustments.
    I couldn't see myself taking a week long trip but think it would be the perfect day ride bike. I ride mostly twisty 2 lane blacktop, some of it pretty rough along the rivers. There is a little gravel in my day ride area but it's pretty sparse. I have to ride 100 miles of blacktop to ride 10 miles of gravel.
  11. Kommando

Kommando Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd like to turn a Rally version into a scrambler too.
  12. Kommando

Kommando Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fabricate your own parts.
  13. Max Kool

Max Kool Xtankteam™

Oddometer:
    Or chasing unsuspecting Bimmers in the canyons.... :p

It's absolutely no offroad bike, but a blast on bad, rutted canyon roads....

IMG_7054.jpg
    Dave_S, Florida Lime and bobw like this.