Indian Grinding Rock Fall Campout October 10-12

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by mike54, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    It wasnt that cold,slept in the tent with the 30 degree bag and was fine,Rode some dirt at Elkins flat and found some new backroads. Great Campfire,great food at the Italian place in Pine Grove! Really nice fall weather riding back to Chico today. Thanks Mike and Veronica for organizing this get together.always a nice time at I.G.R.:clap
  2. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Found:Gideon's Bible

Oddometer:
    Thanks to mike54 and NotBetty for organizing a great weekend. I had fun. It was a little cool nights and mornings, but the campfire was warm, the company was fine and the riding was great! :ricky

My one and only photo of the weekend. :freaky

[​IMG]

Our Saturday ride group at Salt Springs Reservoir (sans Bob).
  3. Bigger Al

Bigger Al Still a stupid tire guy Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep, it was cold. Yep, it was windy. Yep, we rode anyway.

Good, riding, good food, good booze, good friends............and big camp fires. What more could anyone want?:1drink

Thanks to Mike54 and NotBetty for shouldering the load and making this happen.:clap
  4. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast
    Just got in. Of course Bob & I took the long twisty way back. :ricky
    Thanks to all that showed and to those who put in the effort to the rest of us more comfortable. :thumb :freaky
    And to Kurt who did a superb job on road selection. Again! :bow
  5. Treadless

Oddometer:
    I was wondering what happened to you. :dunno
    Glad to have finally met you. 'till next time. :1drink
  6. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    And not a single mention of the Harley Rider invasion?

Good to see Y'all again even though briefly. I suspect the person who left early had the Diesel Van with the thumper on the rear bumper? I followed him down the hill after leaving Mike and Bob at the Bear River Lake overlook.

On Sunday morning in Jackson I found someone's cup who had unmelted ice from the night before. Yup, it was cold enuf to keep ice, just not cold enuf to make it.

Gerg
  7. Deano

Deano Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bradley and I got back to the East Bay about 7:30 last night. We followed the directions form Kurt and it was an amazing ride. I want to go back and do it again and again.

I had a great time this weekend. Really enjoyed meeting everyone. Nice campground, warm (hot) fire, funny stories, real nice folks, excellent riders, great roads and not roads (thanks Kurt for your leadership and route planning). Special thanks to Not Betty and Mike for pulling this thing together... can't wait until the next time.

Deano :D
  8. Treadless

Oddometer:
    Aww did cupcake get his feelings bruised.

Hows this

Saturday morning this bad ass biker rolled into camp on an awesome red H-D. I was thinking here goes the quiet friendly atmosphere and was concerned for my well being. Why you ask, well, he was BIG and wearing black leathers with a SCAREY :eek1 looking skull shirt on and sporting a big gray beard. :gerg I tell ya that there's not too many times in my life I've felt like that. It was such a relief that only one of them showed up 'cause I'd have prolly hurt myself from laughing so hard. :1drink
  9. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    Thanks to all who showed and to those who didn't, you missed a good time.

Gerg - Thanks for dropping by. It would've been great to have you at the campfire but I understand we can't do every thing and be every where. I can't believe nobody got a pic of that shirt though. It was magnificent!

O'Hooligan - It was great to see you there. You missed some fun riding but I understand the reasons. Some peoples blood is thinner than others and if the better half says let's go then that's what you do.

S-Curvy, Deano, Whatever, & tgrrdr, thanks for coming and hope you had a great time. You're not the new guys to this group anymore.

Stonewall, Gorilla King, & Magilla - too bad about the weather. It would've been even more fun with you folks there.

Treadless, Windrat, Bigger Al, Foot dragger and the rest of the regulars, thanks again. It's you folks that make it a good time.

Special thanks to Kurt for leading the saturday ride. He know's the roads up there and every body came back saying WOW. Next time I'm going to have to bring the big bike and follow him around.

Oh yes! Thanks Holly for the cake. :thumb

Until next time every one ride safe. :wave
  10. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Byte me....

Ok, it was great seeing everyone BUT Treadless :evil

Just kidding...

Sorta...

I do hafta say it was MOST EXCELLENT to see Bigger Al walking without a grimace!

Gerg
  11. GillaFunk

GillaFunk I use profanities

Oddometer:
    Glad you fookers had a good time.

:fyyff

What next?
  12. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Scheideck?What ever that is. I keep hearing about the coldest camping ever there,sounds great!
  13. Bigger Al

Oddometer:

We need to take the 650's up there for the Backroad Challenge. Good roads for quick riding, and easy access.
  14. Dadd

Dadd Just another AARGHRider

Oddometer:
    I accompanied Gerg to make sure youse guys didn't kick him out...something I learned early from Norcal events. You must have a BMW sponsor to attend.....

Hafta admit these Harley get-togethers have something to be said for them. We almost never have roller derby women at ADV events.
  15. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    That's right you were. :lol3

Roller Derby girls huh? I'll try but we may have to settle for the midget wrestlers instead. :D
  16. Windrat

Windrat just a poser

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mike54 and Notbetty for putting this at I.G.R. it's a great place to camp. I'm a lucky boy... Miles of riding with excellent riders, the area has some of the best roads on the planet. Thanks Kurt for another
    great day of riding. It was good to meet some new folks (one of the best things about ADV)
    Thanks to All

:clap
  17. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Harley events have friendly womens
    [​IMG]

Full Bars (this is an out building at the guy in the above pictures yard)
    And the guy in this picture rode from New Hampshire
    [​IMG]

Some pretty cool old iron (38 Knucklehead in the back ground and a 50's Pan Head in the foreground
    [​IMG]

And unusual Rat bikes
    [​IMG]

And some purty wemens doing "Harley" things.
    [​IMG]

But there were some dogs...
    [​IMG]

And a link to our Roller Derby Queen Tara Armov (yes, she was in attendance)

Yeah, it was tough duty and hard work, but somebody had to do it!

Pick something other than the 2nd weekend in October, OK?

Gerg
  18. Bigger Al

Oddometer:

It was good to see you, too, Cupcake! All that shiny black leather sure did creak and squeak a lot in the cold air.:poser

Post a pic of the shirt..............................:freaky
  19. whatever

whatever Adventurer

Oddometer:
    WOW,just WOW
  20. tgrrdr

tgrrdr WannabeAdventurer

Oddometer:
    it was great meeting everyone and thanks again to Mike54 for setting this up. Great ride on Sat. with Kurt leading the way. Excellent roads and scenery. Wasn't as prepared for the "cold" as I could have been - didn't think I'd need heated grips or an electric vest. 34°F feels cold on a KLR this time of year - next time I'll be ready.

Thanks also to whatever for letting me share his campsite - beer's on me next time. :slurp