Indian Grinding Rock Fall Campout October 10-12

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by mike54, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Sheriff Sarah

Sheriff Sarah Keep'em in line...

Oddometer:
    Ya-butt...we have tassles :evil , and know how to use them. :wink:

And no..I don't have pics.
  2. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast

[​IMG]

:augie
  3. Treadless

Oddometer:
    Hey what's up....a H-D ridin' party crasher has more pics to post than we attendee's? :dunno
    I saw more cameras being pointed around than posted pictures so far. Don't make me post mine. Just a warning they are in the process of uploading.:deal

:lurk
  4. Bigger Al

Bigger Al Still a stupid tire guy Supporter

Oddometer:

I'm waiting for my daughter to download the pics that we took with her camera. Last time I tried I managed to delete all of them.:bluduh
  5. whatever

whatever Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. S-curvy

S-curvy In my dreams....

Oddometer:
    You folks rock! This was a delightful trip! A great group of riders came out for this event; they all are wonderful people and wonderful riders -- I was very lucky to have a chance to ride with such a fine group of inmates. My hat's off to a bunch of new cohorts!

There is a lot of work and planning that goes into putting a group event like this together and I want to personally say thank you to Mike and V, and to Kurt and his wife (sorry to have forgotten her name). I really look forward to more rides with the Norcal group! (Please don't tell anyone about just how off-the-hook these rides are :wink:)

Bradley

7. Treadless

Oddometer:
    Well I ran outa :lurk waiting for someone to post the really good pics so I'll put up some of my better (but still not so good) shots of the weekend.

A couple on the way up after the wind died down. :knary

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At a stop with Gerg on Saturday morning so he could say hey to friend who there for eternity.

[​IMG]

In 15 seconds the weather did this

[​IMG]

Windrat and I then caught up with the group to play follow the leader (if ya can) with Kurt. No action shots though, two hands on the bars was manditory. :ricky :wings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My annual pic of Kurt and his camera was not so hot this year, but you can see him hiding behind the lens cover. :cry

[​IMG]

That's all for now. :wave I'll work on getting up what I have left this week end.
  8. Treadless

Oddometer:
    A few pics from the ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some where in Bear Valley.

[​IMG]

When we got back to camp I neglected to ask Kurt just where the hell we were wandering around all day so I don't really know where some of the pics were taken. :dunno At one point Kurt sent Windrat and I on ahead while he waited for the group to gather back up. While tootling :evil along on this ridge road that seemed familiar. At the end of the pavement (when we were to wait for the rest of the group) was an intersection with a forest service station. Deja vu. Out here in the middle of nowhere and not a clue where I was, I realized that I had been there a couple of years earlier. It was a most bizarre feeling. It was decided that gas was needed.

[​IMG]

After pumping a couple of I looked at the pump and saw that the gas was free. It pumped the gas but didn't meter it. No pic so I it must have been dementia from the altitude. :D

And here we have (kinda) the famous Airhawk ejection seat. :huh

[​IMG]
  9. Treadless

Oddometer:
    Bigger Al runs a tight campfire. He requires you to raise your hand and wait to be called on so you may tell your version of the lie.

[​IMG]

Here's the group showing me their love.:raabia

[​IMG]

That 'bout it for the useable pic's, 'cept for this one on the way home

[​IMG]

and this one for Stonewall

[​IMG]

Again I will say I had a great time and enjoyed seeing some of the old and meeting some new.

Ok Al the ball is in your court show your stuff. :D :lurk
  10. whatever

whatever Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As U No Da ejection seat maybe can be marketed (is that a word?) Anyway Thanks 4 helping me pick up everything BUT the seat. U & Deano R the best.
  11. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    I didnt realize the V-Strom had gone down,none the worse for wear I assume? Need to strap that seat on tighter.