Indian Motorcycle Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by DutchVDub, Jun 12, 2019.

1. DutchVDub

DutchVDub Adventurous Pirate Supporter

Oddometer:
    I didn’t see a single thread for this so figured I’d start one. Open to all versions of Indian regardless of “true” manufacturer. Let’s see some pics and get some stories.

I’ll start. Here are our two Indians. My g/f’s 2016 Scout 60 and my 2019 Springfield Dark Horse.
    E08FBB82-E37C-442E-9F72-C05394A150EF.jpeg
    davyjones, bug67, thegreyman and 4 others like this.
  2. DutchVDub

Oddometer:
    Much needed wind and curvy road therapy session today.

2D9D50F2-EE63-4B05-B1A0-D39BAAD11741.jpeg
  3. NewYorkLuke

NewYorkLuke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I see you're an IBA member did you do it on your Indian ? I don't have one and honestly have no plans of buying any bikes for awhile but I am always curious about Indians as a replacement for my Roadglide
  4. DutchVDub

Oddometer:
    I did my official 1000-24 on my Concour 1400. I've also done unofficial 1000-24's and 1500-36's on a Kawasaki Vaquero and Victory Cross Country. I've only owned my Indian for a bit over 2 weeks now. I just cleared 1000 miles total tonight.

I recently rode my buddy's 2018 115th Anniversary edition M8 powered Street Glide. I will say, if I had actually been shopping for a bike instead of just falling in love with this one I would not have gone wrong with a Road King S either. That M8 is a nice feeling engine and the low speed fueling is spot on. Overall though, even after riding it I have no regrets about my impulse purchase. I just love this Springfield.
    rauchman and NewYorkLuke like this.
  5. NewYorkLuke

NewYorkLuke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info
  6. Trackjunkie21

Trackjunkie21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last week on my trip to knoxville they had a 2018 Chieftain limited black with red and grey paneling with a stage 2. Man was it an eye catcher! I might have just pulled the trigger if they had let me test drive it (it was raining). But just from sitting on it it felt like a much smaller lighter bike (in a good way).
    tennmoto, rauchman and DutchVDub like this.
  7. choppahead

choppahead Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good idea for a thread and nice bikes. I have a 'First Run' 2015 Scout that I ordered when they were first announced.

IMG_1657.JPG

Love the bike. 20K miles so far. Mostly backroad touring.

Hope some other owners post. I've posted about the Scout several times and even tried to do a Scout thread a while ago, but not much traction. Maybe because the 'new Indians' are too new and the brand, with its dodgy past, hasn't yet totally been embraced by the overall motorcycle community. I expect/hope that will start to change now with the FTR1200 hitting the dealerships.
    davyjones, rauchman and DutchVDub like this.
  8. DutchVDub

Oddometer:
    Very nice Scout. I know my g/f loves her Scout Sixty and its impressed me as well. She is only at 5K or so miles thus far. Most of our longer trips she rides on mine, although now that she's getting more comfortable riding and that the Springfield doesn't have the big comfy trunk that my Victory had she'll probably start putting more miles on the Scout.

Here are some pics from last year. She kept up just fine with my Cross Country and my friend's E-Glide going to Phoenix, AZ and back. She was averaging 130+ miles per tank w/ only getting a fuel light once or twice.
    06-08-2018.jpg 05-19-2018.jpg
    davyjones, rauchman and bobw like this.
  9. DutchVDub

Oddometer:
    I agree. The Springfield weighs just as much, if not more than my Cross Country did depending on the specs you find. Somehow it feels like a much lighter and more nimble bike while still feeling roomy. Compared to the HD's I've ridden they always feel cramped and top heavy. Although I did ride my friend's Chieftain Elite the other day and I didn't like it nearly as much. The fairing seemed too close. he's a short guy though so I think he had a reduced reach seat on it or something.
  10. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    '17 Roadmaster two-tone....excellent bike, didn't have it that long.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Deans BMW

Deans BMW Granpa Hoon

Oddometer:
    Why not???? Beautiful bike.
  12. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Florida, but soon fulltime in Robbinsville, NC
    From the New 2018 Gold Wing thread

rauchman likes this.
  13. Backlund

Backlund Long timer

Oddometer:
    The day I traded-in my red 2015 Classic (left) for a 2016, green/cream Vintage (right)...
    IMG_20160315_142312712.jpg

Traded-in the Vintage a year later for a BMW S1000R, then traded-in the BMW for a 2018 Triumph Thruxton R, which I still have.

For a while, we had three cruisers in the garage, wife's Harley Softail Deluxe, my Indian Vintage, and my '99 Honda Shadow Aero...
    IMG_20170922_092504027_HDR.jpg
    It seemed like everything we had sported wide whitewalls for a season or two. We currently have five motorcycles, but none are cruisers anymore...unless we count the lawn tractor as one.
    IMG_20190610_151738115~2.jpg
    davyjones, bobw and rauchman like this.
  14. Prmurat

Prmurat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Indian?? You said Indian? Here is mine (for sale at the present time): it is a great bike but in a year to year comparo I prefer a HD, gearbox is a lot smoother on the Milwaukee twin (crashbox) and alas I have the feeling it is still the same things today (hiding now!!).
    http://www.batorinternational.com/bikes-indian-1948-sidecar.html
    Philthy64 likes this.
  15. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    My fault, not the bike's.

I bought it in December with 5k miles from a dealer, knew the bike's history. It was mint with all records, but the original owner had gutted the stock mufflers . Didn't sound very good.
    I went Stage II, searching out the quietest exhaust I could. V&H , then Indian performance cam, air filter, remap, etc - done by AD.

He suggested a cat less head pipe to eliminate heat and up the performance.
    It was seriously fast, but too loud. I bought it for two-up touring (wife picked it as her favorite after we sat on everything) and it was too much for me.
    Went back to the OEM head pipe. Still ran great but it was now warmer season and the heat became a thing.
    It sounded better off the bike than sitting on it - the fairing reflected the noise back ...

By then the new Wing had come out and I went with a DCT Tour.
    husky390 likes this.
  16. DutchVDub

Oddometer:
    More pics because I love looking at it.

68EF1CC2-4137-4916-A076-D73249C9B4A4.jpeg A8F052AC-3E60-45A8-B588-3A15C9AED06D.jpeg
    davyjones, rauchman and pjensen641 like this.
  17. johnwesley

johnwesley wanta be

Oddometer:
    This is my second Chieftain, so obviously I like them a lot. The 1st one got over 50,000 miles on it. This one is just at 6,000. My wife has the 1st year dark horse and she prefers the look to the newer ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hittman, CbDude, bobw and 2 others like this.
  18. DutchVDub

Oddometer:
    I agree, the old fairing and saddlebags look way better IMHO. If my 19 Springfield would’ve had the newer saddlebags I wouldn’t have bought it.

I also spy a FXR-T fairing in that last pic. Modified Dyna or an actual one?
  19. DutchVDub

Oddometer:
    The G/F and I rode just over 500 miles to see the famous Cadillac Ranch off of Route 66 today.

43EDFE09-EA3D-4B49-9AE5-FDE771696A05.jpeg
    davyjones, CbDude and rauchman like this.
  20. johnwesley

johnwesley wanta be

Oddometer:

Just got back to this thread and saw your post. It’s a modded Superglide. I fun bike to play around with
    DutchVDub and bobw like this.