Indian Scout FTR1200

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Nov 7, 2017.

1. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
  2. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Lornce, Duke78, twinrider and 4 others like this.
  3. espacef1fan

espacef1fan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Uh is this for sale?
  4. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    This is a prototype. But Indian is watching closely. I bet it will go on sale.
  5. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    From Asphalt and Rubber:
    https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bi...200-teases-coming-street-tracker/#more-145768

Indian created the Scout FTR1200 in house, wedging the 1,133cc v-twin engine from its production Scout into a custom frame that resembles its racing Scout.

Built like a race bike, the Indian Scout FTR1200 shaves massive amounts of weight, compared to its production counterpart – to the tune of 117 lbs. This means that the Scout FTR1200 hits the scales at only 427 lbs.

Word is, we might see it go into production…just not for the 2018 model year. As such, don’t hold your breath – but also, never say never.
  6. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
  7. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    T-34 and joe a like this.
  8. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    T-34 likes this.
  9. espacef1fan

espacef1fan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its like the XR1200 but hopefully better looking when done. The XR1200 was left to look like parts bin bike instead of a XR750 throwback. I still want one, but they hurt my eyes with the final product. I think Indian will do better......
    Dessert Storm and FJ Fun like this.
  10. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
  11. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

This is how you stir interest. But the production model needs 17" wheels F&R , dual disc and probably USD forks. Then I'll throw my money their way.

That's pretty much what I asked for , speaking with the owner of the local Indian dealer after riding 2 Scout models. I suggested a steel tube frame , modern suspension , 17" wheels to take the best tires available , and Brembo brakes , and plenty of cornering clearance . Basically an Indian version of a Ducati Monster or a KTM Super Duke. He asked me to send him all that in an e-mail .
    Attack Pug, Halen, todd900ss and 4 others like this.
  12. fldfcnscsnss

fldfcnscsnss Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is interesting. I was expecting a 750 in similar form. Beautiful prototype. And yeah...triple disc brakes and USD forks are a requirement. If they do Brembos, ohlins and everything else the performance enthusiasts are asking for, then get ready to open your wallet and don't bitch when the msrp exceeds 16K. ...OK...I might bitch a little but would still buy it.
    daslipper and OConnor like this.
  13. alekkas

alekkas Long timer

Oddometer:
    I spent a year calling for this bike after the pikes peak run. Honestly, by the time this one gets to market 2 or 3 years too late, I’ll already have a Z900 regular or rs in the garage as a second bike. Or a striple. But better late than never if they ever do it.

Btw hopefully the only comparison to an XR1200 will be US made and big v twin. While plenty of folks love their XRs, a naked with actual sporty geometry and suspension will be key to this bike succeeding more than the XR in the market place. Though that niche has become pretty crowded in recent years. Missed their opening I believe.
    motocopter and gobux like this.
  14. YJake

YJake Social Distancing Before It Was Cool

Oddometer:
    Agree 100%.

Looks too "dirt trackish" and with top shelf components will cost close to $20,000.

-Jake
  15. Rich B

Rich B Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    What is wrong with looking "dirt trackish"? IMO, a dirt track back is basic, bare bones motorcycle. Something to be said for that look.

And top shelf components, USDF, dual discs? Really? Lose the pork and a lot of the so called upgrades people are already calling for are moot points. 117# weight loss is significant.
  16. YJake

YJake Social Distancing Before It Was Cool

Oddometer:
    I was posting in response to the posts of both @fldfcnscsnss and @alekkas . I want Indian to build me a standard or a naked supersport like the Pike's peak bike.

Not a $15-20k flat tracker.

It's just a prototype so we'll see what actually comes of it in a year, or two, or never :lol3.

-Jake
    motocopter and B02S4 like this.
  17. Super Sneaky Steve

Super Sneaky Steve B@nned Club :D

Oddometer:
    No way to mount bags. Shitty thin seat. No practical fenders and covered in squidly carbon fiber. No thanks.

I'd like mid controls and greater travel in the suspension but this bike isn't good for anything but showing off at Starbucks.
    Bridge Builder likes this.
  18. opmike

opmike Choosing to be here.

Oddometer:
    Jesus Christ, can we get at least ONE standard/naked bike into production from an American company?

Also, I continue to weep about the truncated tails that make strapping a bag to impossible. Even a McLaren P1 has areas for storage.
    g_e_young, roma258 and Caesars_ghost like this.
  19. Omarius

Omarius Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seems like you'd have to drop the engine to do valve checks? I hope it does go into production, but also hope for more room to work on the engine.
  20. Scooterdoodler

Scooterdoodler Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not having a Starbucks within, maybe, 300 miles, I have to do my showing off at 'The Pump House' in Deadwood.
    IMG_20171004_124916.jpg