(Indiana) ABATE/DIRT Trail Work Day @ Redbird 12/11/2010 10am

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by alpiv, Dec 1, 2010.

1. alpiv

alpiv Sr. nOOb

Oddometer:
    We had 10 show, Many thanks to all!!!!!!!

Worked on several trial and even got to gps new trail on the South Side of the road, easier trail ..
    Explored new North End Pines area for more single track to come....

We will be submitting GPS files to DNR for approval, once approved they will assign a work crew (Not us) to cut the trail in (sticker bushes and all) and then we will mark it......

Keep your eyes open .....
  2. RedBirdStation

RedBirdStation Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Weather held out most of the day.

Sorry I had to cut it short, but can't play Mt. Goat like I used too.

Was a blast working and meeting all the new faces.

Bones, we had to clean up your campsite on trail 6. Looked like somebody had been living there for awhile:D
  3. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah I'm glad I made it,almost bailed because of the rain this morning in Bedford.

I'm glad I got to put some work into the trails I enjoy riding,and am looking forward to the new trail system we may be getting soon.

We built some barricades in some places and did some yellow taping, there has been some trail cutting going on,and in a couple places I was also to blame. We added more orange arrows so the trails should be easier to navigate.

Jerry,Jerry,myself,and a new guy sorry I can't remember his name did some riding in the sloppy crap after trail work was done, we all slipped and slid around but had a blast doing it.
  4. Backerthebiker

Backerthebiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    New guy (Jeremy Backer, you can call me Backer), checking in. Good to meet you Rick, as well as the rest of you guys. Had an absolute blast skating around in the muck, and I'm looking forward to getting back up there in the near future...

Edit: Maybe you were talking about Bill though? He was the one on the Husaberg.
  5. Indiana Bones

Indiana Bones Ride Against the Grain

Oddometer:
    Hahaha...rub it in.:cry Sorry I couldn't make it guys I got stuck at a family breakfast with Santa until about 1:30 and I had to be in Bloomington by 4. I'll chip in at the next one if possible.
  6. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where did you get off the trail Rick? And what's with all the poles and stuff strewn around at the north east corner tward where those houses are? Is that supposed to be out of bounds?? How can we get a bridge or tunnel made across the tracks at the north end?
  7. crash alot

crash alot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jerry, Jeremy, and bill (aka crash alot / another new guy) I enjoyed helping out and had a blast riding those slippery hills, riding in those conditions is definitely a confidence booster
  8. Backerthebiker

Backerthebiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure where he got off the trail, but I can tell ya where he fell off a bridge. Or, where he fell on some hidden ice... Twice :rofl.

Definitely a challenge, and definitely a workout. Good riding with ya Bill.
  9. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ya them bridges play hell when it's frozen. Maybe we need some of those ice on bridge signs they have on the highway.:lol3
  10. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:
    We had been cutting off the trail a little on trail 6 behind the shelter house,and a little bit on trail 11 the one that follows the county road. No biggie though we didnt stray too far,but now they are much easier to navigate.

And yes as usual I had a couple low speed getoffs,I should have known better on the bridge,and the water hole was even dumber,but oh well thats how I roll:lol3.
  11. alpiv

alpiv Sr. nOOb

Oddometer:
    There is some property boundary disputes on the North property.
    As things progress we will keep you posted.