Indiana Ride Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by tpar1220, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Bhart89

Bhart89 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Finally made it to Lawrence County Recreational Park. Had a blast but my pig was not the right tool for some of the steep rutted single track.
    EBR458, PlowHand and szramer like this.
  2. zamboni9

zamboni9 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Doug put on a hell of an Observed Trials event this weekend near Bloomington. It wore the boy out and we had a blast. You cannot have more fun on 2 wheels with your kid than Trials. 5 hours of challenging riding and sections appropriate for novice to champs. What a great time as always. Thank you Doug and Austin!!! You folks gotta come check it out, try it, and join us. Trials will improve all your 2 wheel skills dramatically- and it’s a blast!

IMG_1546.JPG
    The boy was tired. But made it all 4 loops in 4 hours! Bluefargo may or may not have made it less loops than the boy......
    dkayw, Bhart89, BlueFargo and 3 others like this.
  3. dmay

dmay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did he have any trouble on the approach to JimmyZ’s section? We need to actually build a bridge or through in a culvert pipe I guess, it’s something we all just ride through but that many riders through it makes for trouble. I really just saw it as “Woods Ridin’ “
  4. avtechinbtown

avtechinbtown Um... yeah I think so.

Oddometer:
    It was a great turn out this weekend and we couldn't have had better weather! WP_20190914_11_48_13_Pro.jpg WP_20190914_11_48_09_Pro.jpg Come out and try trials out! WP_20190915_12_36_33_Pro.jpg Yes that it a vertical rock face about 5' tall with tire tracks going up it ;)
    rustycager, PlowHand, Bhart89 and 2 others like this.
  5. zamboni9

zamboni9 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just the very last hill before Jim’s section was tough for him. Just a traction issue. Bike and him could do it with just a little more traction. Everyone else seemed to handle it fine. I enjoyed that part of the loop.
  6. BlueFargo

BlueFargo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Doug, thanks for all the work you and your crew put into this event. I don’t know about Ryan’s son but I had a lot of trouble with it - but I only started riding motorcycles 4 years ago and have done limited woods riding. It really did get slick.

There was no “may”, I was completely exhausted after 3 loops.

I had a great time at my second trials event. Spent a morning riding in the woods and learned a lot. As others have previously said in this Indiana Ride Thread, trials riding is a lot of fun and a great way to improve your bike skills.
    1TRAK, zamboni9 and EBR458 like this.
  7. BlueFargo

Oddometer:
    Austin, thanks so much for hosting this event and your support of the 2-wheeled motorsports. Really awesome property and event.
  8. PlowHand

PlowHand Ancient, ugly and happy :-) Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. 1TRAK

1TRAK EXPLORER Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bike/Deer/50MPH/Pavement

As you can guess not a good time.
    Killed a big yearling yesterday on the VEE ... had 2 seconds to brake hard and straight, tboned it, went over the bars, hit hard and did the tuck and roll for a long time .
    Thank goodness for good gear and Guardian Angels, I believe they pulled me through it.
    Spent a long time in ER/TRAUMA and left with chest/shoulder trauma, broken left hand, much road rash and pain.
    Feels good to be alive and hope to never experience this much pain again.
    The VEE is beat down too, not sure if it will be totalled or not.
    Here's a borderline pic, the medz let me do it.
    20190918_101417.jpg
  10. zxrider11

zxrider11 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow Steve, that sounds horrible!

Glad you had good reflexes and got fixed up.

Let me know if you need help with anything, hope you have a speedy recovery!
    1TRAK likes this.
  11. 1TRAK

1TRAK EXPLORER Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Darrell appreciate the support.
  12. BlueFargo

Oddometer:
    Wow is right but very glad to hear you weren’t hurt worse. Hope you have a quick and smooth recovery.
    1TRAK likes this.
  13. nickgindy

nickgindy KLR Basher

Oddometer:
    Glad your alright.
    1TRAK likes this.
  14. EBR458

EBR458 Evil Black Rifle

Oddometer:
    Omg Steve. I'm glad it wasn't any worse. Hope you have a fast recovery.
    1TRAK likes this.
  15. Bhart89

Bhart89 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Glad your injuries weren’t any worse. Heal soon!
    1TRAK likes this.
  16. szramer

szramer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Steve stay strong!! hope i see u on loose nut at least!
    1TRAK likes this.
  17. motorrad junkie

motorrad junkie gettin' dirty & lovin' it hard

Oddometer:
    Steve - thoughts going out to you. relieved it wasn't worse - but even in that know there's still gonna be moments that stink.
    maybe we can sit around the fire together at loose nut and miss being out with the rest of them on it.
    get to healing - tell your skin & bones to make it fast.
    1TRAK likes this.
  18. PlowHand

PlowHand Ancient, ugly and happy :-) Supporter

Oddometer:
    So sorry to hear this Steve. You are one tough dude. You look like a mummy in training in that photo. You know that you should never ride faster than your angel can fly!

Heal fast because I want you to be able to enjoy Loose Nut with us. :-)
    1TRAK likes this.
  19. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    Is this the new Klim scrubs gear I've been hearing about? In all seriousness, you've experienced by biggest fear in motorcycling and I'm so glad you will be able to ride again. If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask. Your ADV family is always here for you man!
  20. Davidc83

Davidc83 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    1Trak; sorry to hear about the deer experience, but glad you are still walking around....us folks who live/ride in deer country have a tendency to meet these forest rats...I got t-boned by one 3 years ago (I didnt hit the deer, the deer hit me); never saw it until afterwards...1 mile from the house, headed to work at 0dark30, felt the hit and immediately hit pavement--sliding about 50 yards (doing 35mph when hit)...road rash from hip to ankle (bike some road rash and a couple of bent parts...picked bike up and road back home (butt a$$ naked on the right side-didnt wear overpants then-do now-tore pants and underwear completely off my right side)...where I had gear, no road rash; no gear-road rash...lucky, nothing broke... heal quickly...FYI....deer hunting season is approaching, time to get even...hehehe...
    1TRAK and PlowHand like this.