Indiana Roll Call

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by mutineer, Oct 10, 2004.

1. johnson357

johnson357 Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer:
    If you are talking about on the SW side of the city yes there are some down there but they have all be getting blocked off. They go on spurts of enforceing riding and not riding down there.
  2. Jeff@TheQuadShop

Jeff@TheQuadShop TAT survivor

Oddometer:
    Hey Johnson, are we still on for riding next weekend at the dealer show?
  3. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    bump hoosier folks time to start planning some local rides

who is in for playing some Hookey on a Friday afternoon and riding from Indy down 135 south of Nashville?

(go to thread tools and select "subscribe to this thread" and you'll get an email when this thread is updated)
  4. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I can't do the skip work thing. If'n yer ever headin all the way to the SE corner on a weekend, gimme a shout. :ricky
  5. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    12bridn is down your way and we have been talking about a ride/camp down there at a state park.

low key no pressure show up hang out ride sleep in your tent get up ride stike camp ride home
  6. AnnieGS

AnnieGS Namasté, bitches!

Oddometer:
    dammitdammitdammit - every time there's something cool going on in the chaingolian district, I've got to go teach. Feh.
  7. mlaotn

mlaotn Slow Rider

Oddometer:
    I am good for about any time, and always up for playing hooky. I know the way to Tulip Trestle. That is something cool to see.
  8. ImaPoser

Oddometer:

Ima still trying to figure on that ride/camp thing down at "my" place on the river sometime this year. Right now, calender is pretty full thru mid summer or so. :huh
  9. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    Mark is right that would be a cool excuse for a ride

someone way up bridget (12bridn) and get him in on this
  10. ImaPoser

Oddometer:

:scratch Ya know what? Yer backassed state being on dumb time means Ima free to ride Fridays by 1:30sht(stupit hoosier time). Gimme an idear where ya'll gonna end up at in the afternoon, and I might be able to make contact.
  11. 12bridn

12bridn I need throttle therapy

Oddometer:
    Here. Can't take off early friday, but I might be able to meet somewhere saturday.
  12. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Adding my name to the sometime hoosier list. Lake cottage and inlaws north of Fort Wayne, and married to the Indiana farmer's daughter make me a part time hoosier. Some of the roads up around lake country can be nice. And there are plenty of trails around the fields.
  13. Backmarker

Backmarker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey i just found this thread, i"m from s.e. in. lots of great roads in this area(i.e. 150 out of french lick and 66 s.to tell city etc.) many good backroads to get lost on just pick one you can"t go wrong. I"ll be out sat. and this sun. if you see someone on a loaded up blue gs 1200 say hi!
  14. funkydrum

funkydrum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Count me in if you plan on getting dirty. I rode from Indy to Story a couple times last fall using just 2 lane stuff (no highways, 135, etc.). Made a couple laps on the dirt roads south of Story. Great time plus some twistys in Brown County...
  15. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    I rode 46 from Bloomington to Batesville on the way back from chains. It was getting dark, so I turned it up to get the most of the daylight just as I left bloomington. That was a fun stretch of road. I will go back.
  16. Mr. Floyd

Mr. Floyd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    THe late afternoon rain today kinda cut my riding plans short, but had both the GS and CS out earlier in the week each day to work, even went and looked at a K75S here in southern IN.

Bloomington
  17. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    46 between Bloomington and Columbus is a good road, just not on summer weekends.

135S is great, south of Story it thins our pretty good. No Gas stations keeps the peanut tanks where they belong, parked at a bar.

Checking my calendar for ringleading a run. I am thinking Hookey ride but a weekend is good too.

Maybe meetup at 1pm on a Friday somewhere South of Indy and meet some SE guys in hte middle?

any feedback?
  18. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mr Floyd,

I am a Bloomington native myself. Black GS, no back seat, black Jesse bags, silver Arai. Maybe we will cross paths sometime.

As to 46 from Bloomington to Nashville,it is a nice stretch that you never seem to grow tired of. If you stop at the grocery in Bean Blossom (on 135 North of Nashville), they will give you a photocopy of a Brown County map. It is rather small but helps you discover a lot of great GS and dual sport riding.

Shep
  19. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    Shep, a man of few words? 19 posts since oct 2003. :D

Mutt, let's get this thing together, I got a DRZ on the line. Rode one yesterday from twisties to singletrack, and I am now sporting serious wood for the Suzi.
  20. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    one of my clients is a fight promoter and I am jammed the weekend of the 14th

we got the Chicago ride on 5/21

Memorial day weekend always sucks when you are trying to be places people are not

BYOB is 6/2 and you have the Hatfield McCoy ride the same weekend

If I am gone the weekend after that I am a single man.

This puts us out to 6/18 if we wanna camp and do some serious riding

day rides anyplace in there are a plan.

How about a hookey ride the First Friday after you get your DRZ. Meet in the Brown County State Park on a Friday or a Saturday Morning?

Should we plan a camp out at the State park on 6/18?

Who is in for an arrive Friday night/Saturday morning and ride in camp out.

Southern Indiana ought to have some good Dual sport stuff.

Who is in for a state park/national forest ride camp drink lie campfire eat drink lie fest?