Indiana Roll Call

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by mutineer, Oct 10, 2004.

1. lufin

lufin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, whats wrong with Jerry ?????:eek1 Oh! Never mine. I have rode with him.:D
  2. Backmarker

Backmarker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh its ok to ride with him. Just dont follow him!:huh :gerg
  3. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    OK I'm chiming in from southern Indiana, Martintucky, that is. Anyone doing the Midwest MC Hangover Ride Jan. 1 ? North bound on the 1st on the KLR!
  4. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:

is this a dual sport ride or ?
  5. RoadDad

RoadDad n13ub Supporter

Oddometer:
    Darn--I can do hillbilly, white trash, a little middle finger sign language and other low level languages, but Brail is out of my league. Eugene--you will have to translate that --''''-----````` stuff.:deal :rofl
  6. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:

The Hang Over Ride is sponsored by the Midwest Motorcycle Club providing help to the DAMAR Foundation. It is a poker run style routed ride , the cloder or snowy the weather the shorter the ride lenght with food provided usually chilie or cornbeef and cabbage. The ride has been going on for I believe this is the 23 year. There is also a timed run along with the poker run ride. Just an opportunity to ride the first day of the new year and help out a worthy cause.
  7. lufin

lufin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, what other plans does everyone have for New Years Eve and NY's Day ? :1drink???

Think we're going to pig out on Manwitch and Nachos and Salsa. Then watch a few DVD's of Jeff Dunham:rofl

Might not be safe to be on the roads anyway..

Happy New Year to all you ADV riders out there. Be safe and hope to see some more new faces next year.

Lew
  8. header

header Chris

Oddometer:
    Craig and I are going to michigan to hang with a cousin. We were thinking of camping until dad told me about the weather :umph

Whatever everyone is doing have fun!
  9. Doorguy1979

Doorguy1979 Dreamridin'

Oddometer:
    Look me up, I'm in W. Lafayette, love to get away for weekends whatever. Going to the Cantral rally in August, planning a ride up through MI.
  10. Doorguy1979

Doorguy1979 Dreamridin'

Oddometer:
    Anybody know where in Lafayette area I can get a hold of a set of fine metric feeler guages? Valve adj. time on the KLR.
  11. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    bout any feeler gauge set will work. klr's valve spec is pretty loose anyway. i got mine at o reileys auto parts.

my husky's valves need to be set @.002... and they had a set that went down that small, so u should have no trouble finding a set for klr. :deal
  12. Redline3504

Redline3504 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK sounds like a plan, I'm definitely looking forward to a ride in the home state. If you don't find any feelers shoot me a e-mail, I have a set and it sounds like I live close to you (I live in Waynetown).
  13. meteorpilot

meteorpilot YEE, ahem. YEEEHAW!

Oddometer:
    Howdy, Hoosiers! I'm not sure how I missed this thread before, but I'm an Indiana boy. The stable is full of Hondas.

Working on an Africa Alp conversion on the Transalp. Selling an ST1300 and XRL650 in Spring, (At least that's what the Missus believes) and just picked up an XR250R that's calling me from the garage as I type this. Just a wee bit chilly for the trails right now, but there wouldn't be much mud! :lol3 TAT ride planned for this summer. TN is complete, and planning to do OK to UT this July. Better get that Alp ready!
    That's mah story.

Anybody know who to get ahold of to be in the loop on any hare scramble type enduro stuff around here?:ear

MP
  14. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:

How Is IT! Welcome to the thread. When you doing the OK TAT? I did the TN last fall and looking to do the OK portion or the Continental Divide Ride in August this year. Check out Cam (owner) at IndyMoto on the north side. Great guy and wired tight to the MotoX, hare scramble,enduro stuff. Join District 15 AMA and you can get into alot of off road stuff. Lawrence County (ABATE property), Redbird and Moto Extreme are a few places in southern Indiana to ride. A little trip from Indy but well worth the effort.
  15. drainwater

drainwater Ride,rinse,repeat...

Oddometer:
    Hey Redline, I am North of you between Wingate and Attica. When it warms up a bit let's ride.
  16. Redline3504

Redline3504 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Heck ya ill be looking to put a few miles on when it gets a little warmer. I have a few projects going on right now, but ill be ready come spring time. What kind of bike are you riding?
  17. drainwater

Oddometer:
    I'm on an 08 dr650 appropriately modded:evil In fact, the longer the winter lasts the more mods it gets.
  18. drainwater

Oddometer:
    Hey Eugene!

You knew about the new carb (TM40) but, I have uncorked it the rest of the way with airbox mod, FMF pipe and jetting to match. It's like a new animal. I also put in firmer springs front and rear last week. Lot's of other little stuff too in the way of ergonomics and convienence like lowered footbegs, raised handelbars, blah, blah, blah.....
    I want to test out all the new stuff but the damn snow and ice slows me down, a little!

Not sure what else to do.
  19. seriousracer

seriousracer be a man dodge tree bark

Oddometer:
    i am not f***ng stupid,but i used too. niles mi.
    studs... no excuses get some....:1drink
  20. Eugene

Eugene -

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you've done almost everything Dean! I'd like to get a pumper carb but don't want to spend the cash. Those lowered pegs help a lot don't they. I couldn't get comfortable on mine until I had mine cut and welded.