(Indianapolis,In) New Dealer (All OffRoad)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by alpiv, Nov 2, 2008.

1. alpiv

alpiv Sr. nOOb

Oddometer:
    Had the opportunity to stop by and talk with the owners of IndyMoto on Saturday.
    They are family owned and operated all off-road moto/woods trail motorcycle riding shop located on the North side of Indy.

Nope, no street bikes, just off-road!
    Unlike many of the shops here in Indy, they are still small enough to take the time to get to know their customers and their needs.
    Sorta, reminds me of the motorcycle shops my father use to take me to when I was a kid back home.

The owners have some great plans for the shop and are focused on customer service in many ways.
    The major plus, is the owner is a rider too as well as his family!

On Nov 8th from 11-3pm they are having their open house.
    So, I figured I pass this a long so you can stop by.
  2. alpiv

alpiv Sr. nOOb

Oddometer:
    Here is the back side of the flyer I picked up.
  3. Jack4245

Jack4245 Lost Hoosier

Oddometer:
    Went....Did it....If 1 person, a lady with short black hair, had not said hi, we have some food in the back and clothes upstairs, then I could have said, went....did it....and no one in that whole place said hi boo or sicum to me. Thank You nice lady
  4. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:

Sounds like a friendly bunch.

Hopefully that isn't always going to be there attitude towards customers or they won't last long.
  5. Indymoto

Indymoto n00b

Oddometer:
    Sorry that no one got a chance to talk to you. I thought I was doing a pretty good job getting around. Let me know what you thought of the shop in general and if their are some items that you feel that we should stock but didn't see. Sorry for the bad first impression. Sarah was the one that greeted you she is our book keeper.

Cam
  6. Sir Not Appearing

Sir Not Appearing That's no ordinary rabbit

Oddometer:
    Sounds about like Noblesville Honda back when they were on the other side of the street. Somehow they lasted and have improved greatly since 2000 when I had a couple bad experiences with them.
  7. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:
    My biggest gripe with dealers are there prices. If a local dealer can provide good prices and have your common items in stock then I will buy local.

When I say common I mean sparkplugs,oil,tires,tubes,etc. The things you need for normal maintnance. There is a dealer in Madison that I stopped at for sparkplug,they didn't have it would have to order it. Come on it's a common size sparkplug that item should be in stock and they should carry 10 of them.

I order 99% of my things on-line only because there isn't a local dealer within 20 miles of me and the ones that are are like what I described above.
    With the exception of the KTM dealer about 4 miles from my house. He could build 4 or 5 bikes from just his parts inventory.
  8. R.Markus

R.Markus Damage Addict

Oddometer:
    I buy almost everything online for those reasons. I'd prefer to giver money to someone local, but with prices double what I can get them for elsewhere I just can't afford not to buy online.
  9. metalmaster

metalmaster adventure dreamer

Oddometer:
    + 1

Exactly the same way here.

10. scarysharkface

scarysharkface Broke it/Bought it Supporter

Oddometer:
    I try to support the local shops also, but sometimes waiting 6 weeks for a countershaft sprocket stretches my loyalty a bit.

Generally speaking, Thompson's Motorsports in Terre Haute treats me well and has a lot of cool stuff in their huge showroom. Gary and Phil DeLong are great guys who really know their stuff. Prices are a bit on the msrp side, and they sell used stuff for top-dollar.

Competition Cycle is the KTM dealer in Terre Haute, and Andy has been great to work with. His prices are what one would expect for a KTM shop, but he cuts deals on bikes and has given me some excellent advice that I wouldn't consider in the best interests of his business. His shop does great work reasonably quickly.

I've heard nothing but good things about Linton Cycle Sales, and when researching a Wee-Strom and Versys for my wife they quoted me some very good prices over the phone. If I ever buy a new bike, there's a good chance I'll get it in Linton.

I'll have to find an excuse to get to Indy to check out IndyMoto. Sounds like an opportunity to get drool all over a bunch of stuff. :tb

John
  11. Indymoto

Indymoto n00b

Oddometer:

Thanks for the support at the local level. Some of the things that we are doing to give back is to work to get a more central riding areas as well as carry as many items as possible. if we don't have it and it makes sense to carry it I will. We can't compete with the large companies that purchase truck loads a day but they don't help and support at a local level that the local shop do. Just to let you know our stocking order was placed the 3rd week of Oct. and I have some sprockets that will not be in till the 2nd week of Jan 09. FYI our hours are M-W 3-7 T-F12-7 Sat 8-12. If its another time give me a call we are open by appointment too.
    Cam
    317-873-5502
  12. bwringer

bwringer Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer:
    Wow, you're like, a mile and a half from my house. :wave

Are you near the Ducati dealer? I dropped in up there once seeking oil, but apparently us non-millionaires smell bad or something.

I don't have a dirt or D/S bike, but p'raps I need to drop by and seek advice on some handguards for one of my bikes.
  13. Indymoto

Indymoto n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the input and yes I will post some specials in this forum. Stop by the hours are in this thread. Also I will have to admit I don't know it all too but I'm always up for doing some research to find it out. if we don't have it in stock I can have most things in one to three days.
  14. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    This made me laugh. I guess dealers are different everywhere. My local Ducati dealer was the place I checked first when I wanted to order a set of Cycra handguards. They got them for me without a problem and at a discount.