Indonesia

Discussion in 'Asia' started by westnash, Feb 21, 2007.

1. westnash

westnash Long timer

Oddometer:
    What are the options for riding in Indonesia and sources for rental motorcycles and places to go?
  2. 4Skins

4Skins Johnny to most...

Oddometer:
    There are millions of bikes in Indo (about one for every two people on average). Most of them are scooter type things about 150cc. Big bikes as we know it are rare.

Just walk up the street and you'll be asked if you wanna hire one, and buy shit, or get a massage or buy food... There's petrol for sale all over the place on roadside in 1 or 2 litre bottles.

Attached Files:

3. h17

h17 Enjoying The Ride

Oddometer:
    greetings from indonesia

4. Ujow

Ujow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What kind of bike do you want for your trip anyway? Local Bike or imported bike?

Ride across Java and Bali would be great if you planning for less of time. If you looking for further adventure in longer time, you can ride across Sumatera up to Thailand.
  5. dart1202

dart1202 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    if you to bali you earn to rent Honda Tiger 200cc there a lot rent 1 day only IDR.50.000(USD.5)
  6. maccajim

maccajim Holding the Awesome

Oddometer:
    Hiya Indonesian riders
    I am planning a trip from Bali across east islands to Timor and Roti and possibly back doing all the islands on the way. My cousin should be working in Roti then so good to stop in also have a contact in Lombok to see.
    I have a ktm 640adv but dont want to take it and get it back and feel a smaller bike is prob better in indo, apart form the tiger 200cc what else can u get honda xr's KLRS DRS etc i want a 400cc or 500cc single dirt machine maybe even a 250cc as no need for speed on those roads want to enjoy the scenery.
    I have been to indo a few times and have only seen scooters what bike would u locals use for such a trip. also best time i guess may june sept dry season same as Darwin.
    Thanks for any help i have been to bali, lombok and some small islands so know what the area is like.
    if u need any info on australia message me just got back from an outback trip http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...14#post7746114
    if u are interested
    hope to see some of u next year when i get out there
    Terima kashi
  7. stef25

stef25 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ive driven a bike around Bali. watch out for the cops, they'll just hang around until they see a foreigner, write you up for not having an Int'l license and threaten with court appearances until you fork out about 20USD.

sometimes we'd take minivans from A to B and even those guys have to pay off the cops, just for driving through "their" street.

its a beautifil place and feels totally safe. dont miss Ubud. Lombok & Flores should also be worth it.
  8. dinezzz

dinezzz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Indonesia, Sumedang - Bandung - West Java
  9. mujiburrahman

mujiburrahman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    useful information above - planning to do a similar trip myself to travel to the eastern part of indonesia
  10. RICK IN BALI

RICK IN BALI Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Better off buying a second hand bike. They can be fixed almost every where. Honda and Yamaha are best choice. 125/150cc good choice. A good condition 125cc around $500/600 then sell it when your finished. My latest bike for past 3 years NMAX 155cc View attachment 1664948 View attachment 1664948