Indonesia

Discussion in 'Asia' started by T-REDZ, Apr 2, 2009.

1. tigersyndicate

tigersyndicate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im still watching this thread. If there is an overland rider need assistance just contact me. See my signature
  2. ThirdUncle

ThirdUncle More will than skill

Oddometer:
    Selamat Sore dari Toronto, Canada.

Nama saya Paul -- saya bisa bicara sedikit bahasa Indonesia. Isrtri saya, asli dari Bandung -- Sunda girl -- tetapi sudah di Toronto kira-kira 25 tahun. Dia masi punya keluarga besar di Bandung, dan munkin dia dan saya akan purgi ke Bandung untuk semua winter 2019/20. Saya punya KTM 950 Super Enduro disini dan saya cinta main-main offroad di trail gila banyak. Saya mau tahu kalau ada banyak KTM di Jawa, dan kalau ada pasar 2nd hand, atau sepedamotor rentals di daera Bandung. Saya suka moutain biking juga, akan mau sedang itu juga di gunung-gunung Bandung. Bisa orang di forum ini tolong saya?

Terima kasih banyak in advance! -- Paul
  3. Allanski74

Allanski74 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    3a43a8d8-f909-4d24-a6ad-2dd0d67f67c5.jpg
    Awesome trip coming up next month !
    Bali to Bromo (East Java) Adventure Riders Indonesia Expedition 10th April - 15th April 2019
    Price € 1,100 ($1,750 Aus)
    Price includes:
    Kawasaka KLX 250cc / Honda CRF150
    Support vehicle
    Hotels & Accommodation
    Food and non Alcolohic drinks
    Transfer to Pasuranu Airport
    English speaking guide
    Professional Photogragher
    All national park fees
    Fuel and technical Assistance
    MX adventure riders Tshirt
    For more details on itinerary and bookings
    info@advridersindonesia.com
    WhatsApp +6281210024979

292ae582-dd9d-42f0-977b-cabd31f43ec3.jpg

1185dcbf-5ede-4c8d-97ed-7e6c4c7c1503.jpg

af5c7d1f-fe62-45ff-9029-28cee9a5fbef.jpg

Adventure Riders Indonesia
    www.adventureridersindonesia.com
  4. ThirdUncle

Oddometer:
    Damn, that's... otherworldly.
    Allanski74 likes this.
  5. Allanski74

Allanski74 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ThirdUncle likes this.
  6. Mr.lien

Mr.lien Behind the line

Oddometer:
    Kapan saya diajak kaka

Halo paul... toronto bagian mananya anda tinggal...
    Kebetulan saya punya saudara di Mississauga... kalau butuh motor trail bisa sewa dari jakarta atau mungkin di bandung bisa dicarikan untuk sewa disana...

Untuk mountain bike sepertinya susah mencari penyewaan...
  7. ThirdUncle

Oddometer:
    Ha-ha, Bagus. Terima kasih banyak.

Saya tinggal dekat Misssissauga, di Etobicoke. Masi planning adventures... jadi belum pasti berankat sekarang.

Talk to you nanti, ya?
  8. JerryJakarta

JerryJakarta Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. jriva

jriva n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just looking around...
  10. Rullyyogaswara_deoty

Rullyyogaswara_deoty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Welkam noob #eh #toyorkepalasendiri
  11. jriva

jriva n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    akuh noob imut...
  12. Allanski74

Allanski74 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  13. Allanski74

Allanski74 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. spacekadet

spacekadet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello Indonesian adventurers, I would like your help with information please!

Can you recommend an insurance company that gives third-party insurance for a used motorcycle? So far I only found a company that will offer it if I insure 15 units at the same time.

thank you
  15. Popeyerider

Popeyerider n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello
    I rode though Indonesia a few years ago.
    Found Indonesia to be the Most friendly of the South East Asia counties.
    Went to this Motorcycle show while in Bali .

16. Wherever I may roam

Wherever I may roam Because I can, that's why

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, I thought I would drop a message here and ask some questions since I will be going to Indonesia in about a week or two.
    I've been riding my 20 year old Yamaha XT 600 around Australia for a while now and the time has come to leave from Darwin to Kupang by boat. I will be trading the hamburgers for nasi goreng, long straight empty roads for narrow twisty busy ones and Toyota Landcruisers for thousands of motorbikes around me. I'm very much looking forward to the next stage of my trip that will, hopefully, take me overland back home to the Netherlands.
    I have never been to Indonesia and can't wait to get there!
    I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on the following:
    -Do I need to get insurance for my bike? I will try not to get into any accidents but you never know, is it mandatory and if not, is it actually helpful? Where can I get insurance?
    -I would like to do a bit of off-road riding, my bike is setup for that, although I have luggage on board of course so I can't go hardcore enduro. Any ideas on how to find out where I can find nice tracks? Just look on the map for small roads and improvise, ask locals, is there a website with info?
    -Are there places or roads I have to see/ride, that I really should not miss out on while in the country? I am planning to be in the country for a few months so have time to explore.
    -I am thinking of riding from West Nusa Tengarra to Lombok, Bali, Java where in Jakarta I will have to extend my visa every 30 days. From there I can do a 30 day trip around Sumatra, come back to Jakarta and extend my visa. Would going to Kalimantan be a good idea? Some people tell me it's great, others say it's too difficult to ride?

Any tips and ideas are greatly appreciated, I am very much looking forward to exploring beautiful Indonesia!
    All the best from Darwin, Australia,
    Sander.

Pic: me being dusty in the outback on the Gibb river road
    IMG-20190904-WA0001.jpg
  17. G____S

G____S Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As I know you don't need an insurance in Indonesia, since no one is riding really fast, everything is settle easily on the side of the road. I've looked for an insurance but they don't cover foreigners without long term visa. The most important is to have a travelling insurance with I suppose you already have.

Don't worry about off roading, you will have a lot of unplanned ones, I've never done any road trip in Bali without a few offroad paths, especially if you try to get away from big roads. Usually locals can help you but they can also send you in the wrong direction, it's not on purpose or anything malicious , just that if they don't know they will point a random direction.

If you go to java , try to go to the Ijen and Bromo volcanoes , I plan to go there in few months.
    if you go through Bali , stay north , it's more quiet , south is overcrowded.

just an heads up with the visa situation , if you plan to stay long time , try to get a Social Visa , it's a 2 months visa extendable 4 times - 30 days.
    Wherever I may roam likes this.
  18. Wherever I may roam

Oddometer:
    Thanks G___S!
    I hope I won't get in any situation where insurance would be needed and I just got off the phone to extend my travel insurance, so that should be ok.
    If an accident would happen, what would be the best thing to do for me? I've heard that in some countries the foreigner is automatically in the wrong and has to come up with a pile of cash or the locals can get angry...I'm not very worried, but it would be good to know what the way to handle a situation is, being a guest in an unfamiliar country.

Good to hear there will be unexpected dirt, nothing beats a ride with a few surprises!
    I will try and stay away from crowded places like the south of Bali and bigger cities as much as possible, I much prefer having nature around me or meeting locals in smaller towns where it is easier to connect with people and have a nice chat.
    Ijen and Bromo are going on the to-do list, volcano's, yes please!
    I've been getting lazy and out of shape lately so hiking up some volcano's would be good for me and I get the feeling the views will be pretty good.
    I have got a social visa just for the reason of wanting to see a lot of the country, it's so big and so diverse (nature, food, culture, art, people) that it just would not do racing through in a month or so. The plan is to go slow and enjoy it as best as I can, can't wait, thank you for the advice!
  19. G____S

G____S Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've heard the same stories about foreigner automatically being in the wrong , but from my point of view , not really , already seen few accident and everyone was quite nice. You just need to learn how they drive, after that it's just going with the flow.
    Indonesians are always friendly, everyone is super nice, talk a lot and always keen to help without asking anything in return. Especially in rural areas.
  20. Wherever I may roam

Oddometer:
    That was the impression I had, I wasn't very worried about it.
    And there is one thing I keep hearing about the Indonesians: how friendly and relaxed they are, so let's hope Bob Marley was right and every little thing will be allright!