Info on Cebu

Discussion in 'Asia' started by hondav2, Mar 13, 2009.

1. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    Im flying into Cebu 24th April , what are the must c and must do things on Cebu and adjacent islands , can anyone recommend some where to hire a scooter . Would love to catch up with any ADV Riders there :nod . Cheers Toddy
  2. kuyaoli

kuyaoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can rent a MC for example here:

http://www.cadillac-cafe.com/cycle-rentals.php

or from Michael at MB's Tavern also in Lapu Lapu on Mactan, Cell: 09278293187

Must sees:
    Kawasan Falls in Matutinao, going to Moalboal (white beach) then 1 hr trip to Matutinao. Nice trip from Mandaue over the mountains to Toledo.

Nice roads for an Enduro, don't rent a scooter.
  3. PIklr

PIklr Adventure Guide

Oddometer:
    Cadillac cafe has been closed for months,

and ADVriders don't let fellow ADVriders ride scooters! :rofl

I am fully booked that week on a tour to Cebu otherwise I would let you jump in.

CEBU VETERNS hwy IS A MUST RIDE! cross over from east to west and go up to Malapascua. or take a ferry to Bohol, great riding and a lot of sight seeing there. :freaky

Ride-on,

Bryan
  4. eagle357

eagle357 Not Dead Yet

Oddometer:
    Just finished a week of Too Much Fun while chasing Bryan's tail light on one of his guided philippine motoadventure tours. Even if you're determined to explore on your own this time, I'd recommend setting something up with "Mr. KLR" so he can show you the truly off-the-beaten track stuff. Four of us had a blast--Cebu, Negros, Panay and Boracay on a route he calls his "HP special".
  5. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    Head north next week :clap Is the Caddilc Cafe on Mactan still closed, what r the must go to night clubs on Cebu and Bohol . Can any one recomend any good resonably priced hostels , guest houses or hotels on Cebu or Bohol
    Cheers Toddy
  6. KTMInduro

KTMInduro Off Road Montster Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kiwi Lodge is OK. A lot of expats hang out there. I have stayed there a few times but not for a few years.
    I look forward to hearing about your trip. I go to Cebu for business but have never ridden there. Got to change that......
  7. PIklr

PIklr Adventure Guide

Oddometer:
    With the limited information you provided, hard to know what your budget is. On our tour we stay at higher end luxury resorts in the touristy areas. all included in our tour packages as we have pre negotiated discount rates. so you can actually stay at better resorts for less than you would pay if you just walked in.

I like oasis in Bohol. great owner, great staff, great rooms, and Motorcycle friendly.

In Cebu a good value full service hotel is Holiday plaza, Ask for the Promo rate of p2200 a night. Its just located down the street from the night life you are inquiring about, I would hit spots like temptations, vikings,and BG's if I were you.

Cadillac cafe is still closed,

Check out "planet action" in Moalboal, Cebu

There are small scooter and XR200 bike rental places everywhere in the tourist areas. We are the only BIG BIKE tour company. :deal

Enjoy your holiday in the Philippines

Ride-ON

Bryan AKA (HP)
  8. PIklr

PIklr Adventure Guide

Oddometer:
    Hello RON, (offical HP :evil Rider) n Wildman

The other 4 guys you rode with had TO MUCH FUN, and want more they are coming back in July for (HP2) 8 day ride!

What a great ride we had!

Thanks, cant wait to ride again.

Bryan AKA (HP):evil
  9. eagle357

eagle357 Not Dead Yet

Oddometer:
    I am just finishing emerging from jungle treks and river trips in Sarawak and Sabah; also did a swing down through Java and Bali. Time to head back to Canada and reflect on the fine memories collected on the HP tour.
    After a couple months of North American drudgery I just might be ready for HP2. say hi to the Guam boys....