INNOVV 2CH Full HD Motorycle Recording System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OnTheWay, Jun 28, 2015.

1. OnTheWay

OnTheWay Rock Liu Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Innovv, I have been in the market for a good dual camera set up for my bike after an accident tore my bike apart and I was unable to find the guy who did it after he ran. The snake lenses are a stroke of genius and exactly what I'm looking for, however, I was hoping to find a dual set up to cover both front and back. I was wondering if there were any plans to add a dual lens camera to the line up. You offer a product that is exactly what bikers are looking for, no useless frills like a screen I'll never use. Just 2 waterproof lens I can mount where I need, and a camera I can mount under the seat which provides all the security, safety from impact, and water protection we need. The only thing more I could ask for is a dual lens hub to stream line a dual set up like I am planning. Truth be told, I will probably buy 2 singles if there is no plan to create a dual lens set up and just replace the hub if an upgrade is ever made. I appreciate any incite with your future plans for this product. Thank You, Chad Carrone

We received many messages asked for dual motorcycle recording system, and now we are working on this new development and would like to discuss with inmates about features and specifications.

The new development has a recording unit with a 2.7" screen for easy setting, live recording review, and two wired lenses, a wired recording control button, GPS is an optional.

The first question is what is the length of front lens, and what length is the rear lens?

The C3 lens cable is 1.5m.
  2. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    The 1.5m length was a tight fit on my r1200gs bmw. I would think a 2m front and 2m rear would be great. I rather have a litter extra then have to settle on where I mount a camera. I'll try and rig up a rear length using a fish tape or string in the next day. Chris
  3. ttime4four

ttime4four Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think if you asked 10 people, they would give you 10 different answers. As manganos said - it is better to be too long than too short, but I do hate needing to deal with extra wiring.

On my BMW R9T, the brain would be best mounted where the factory security system would go (just behind the fuel tank) and I think a 1.5 meter cable would do well for the front camera and a 1 meter cable would suffice for a rear facing camera.

Have you considered offering cable length choices as you do with the lens FOV? Maybe short standard lengths with optional "extensions" assuming the connection could be robustly mated (waterproof).
  4. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    One Inmate told me front is 1.5m, and real is 0.5m, he has Ninja 650.

Attached Files:

5. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Cable length choices is open, :D:D:D
    Now listen to inmates the lengths needed, and think about what is the optimized options.
  6. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    2 meters front and 2 or 2.5 meters to the rear would be ideal, since the cable often has to be mounted following the bike frame or other component.

As far as an LCD screen, it's a nice touch but not really necessary. Instead, I would prefer a water resistant recording unit, with a capacitor instead of a battery. Rechargeable batteries eventually fail and for a permanently mounted recording system, my preference is for a capacitor instead.

I would be using the on bike recorder as a silent witness and not really for recording my rides to view them later. So, when the battery fails, I will not notice it.
  7. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    No question to have front lens to be 2 meters, the question is what length for rear, from 0.5m to 2m people asked. :wink::wink::wink:

We do not want to make extension cable, that impact the signal transfer and firmly connection.

LCD screen is for easy setting, many people sent us messages asking how to set on C3, with a screen, people can go through menu from up to down.

We have an aluminum to protect recording unit, that is dust and water resistant, also help to make cables to recording unit firm.

Recording system need to connect to power from bike to support engine start/stop, recording start/stop, the battery from recording unit is to support parking model. even there is a battery, that does not affect recording.
  8. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Still looking for ideas, now we are development mount system for both lenses.

Front lens can be easy mounted by bar mount, How to mount rear lens?

Look for some photos about tail of bike and ideas.:clap:clap:clap
  9. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    One 2M cable will stretch from the front to the back of my bike. I think I'd like one cam with a 2M cable and one cam with a 1M cable, then let the rider decide which one will go up front and which one will go in the rear.
  10. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    How about a mount that can be used slid under an existing bolt for the rear cam?
  11. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Two lens has cube shape solid aluminum case, the size is width x depth x high= 29mm x 37mm x 29mm.
    It would be similar as the below photos.

There are 3 x 1/4" screw holes on top, left, right side, That design is for "L" shape basket mounting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Yes, There are two lens ports on recording unit, one for front, one for rear, two lens are same, only different is length of cable. people can decide which lens plug in front lens port, one lens plug into rear lens port :rofl
  13. See-Double-You

See-Double-You Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rebadging the KOONLUNG K1S ?

While that looks nice as an "indoor" car dashcam, it's lacking for the motorcycle world.

I'd like to see:

• IPX4 or better water résistance
    • Smaller covert "snake" cameras, something closer to what you have with the INNOVV
    • Asymetrix cable lengths... 2.5' and 4.5'
    • A functional microphone (K1S is noted as having poor audio)

Not really interested in the LCD screen.
    Just looking for emergency recording capability.
    Prefer a simple non-descript black box, with easily hidden cameras.

The remote record button is nice, as I'm sure that will come in handy from time to time.

In the event of a G-sensor activation, it'd be nice if the camera would enter "lock mode" and continue filming until memory card is full, or the built in battery looses all power. That would give you at least 30 additional minutes of recording after an accident, regardless of the status of the vehicle battery.

I don't know if the "park mode" will do this. Not interesting in recording a parking lot, but very interested in seeing/hearing what happens after you've been hit and are semi-conscious on the side of the road. Having a copy of how the accident happens is important, but having a record of what transpires after can also be helpful.
  14. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Once the development released, you can see...:evil:evil:evil

What you mentioned is easy to find from a car dashcam, but for bike, it is rare, most because of marketing and difficult of mounting system.

I hope we can do some improvement and to better. :D
  15. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Keep updated on development,

1. the length of cable has been set, front lens cable is 2m, rear lens cable is 1m.

2. Willy has installed camera system on his bike for daily ridding, front and rear lens looks cool on bike. :D, very solid. Thanks for his idea, now do a bit improvement on lens, so make it to be far more easy for mount.

3. Wired remote controller is right for ridding, mount it on dash by backed 3m tape, so can have eye open on recording status, start and stop recording, video protection.

4. the attached is screen shots, wide view from front and rear.:D

[​IMG]Front-2 by Rock Liu, on Flickr

[​IMG]Front-1 by Rock Liu, on Flickr

[​IMG]Rear by Rock Liu, on Flickr
  16. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    The lens case just made from production, still need further treatment.

Three screw holes on bottom, left and right sides for easy to mount. Innovv K1 Lens-01.jpg Innovv K1 Lens-02.jpg Innovv K1 Lens-03.jpg
  17. Kazky

Kazky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice.. can't wait for final result
  18. OnTheWay

Oddometer:
    How it is on bike, front and rear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Dirtwannabe

Dirtwannabe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WOW!! Glad I stumbled onto this thread. Just what I've been looking for....almost. My extreme wish list would also include 4 lenses, left/right/front/back (I can't help it...I want 360 deg. overlapped....I guess I could buy 2 systems). The DVR unit would be very simple and totally automatic. I would need no screen and very minimal control selections. G-shock sensor would trigger X-minutes of after accident recording. Normal operation would rely on bike power only...separate small battery would only power "after accident mode" and "park mode" and would be recharged during normal mode....or easily replaced when a dashboard warning light tells me it's low. You've got everything else covered...hard wired...auto record when engine starts...park record...all units waterPROOF(?)...auto overwrite...THANK YOU for paying attention to motorcyclists needs. I'll keep watching.

EDIT; I went back to your website and found more info. I see that you have already addressed many of my points above. :super:thumb And maybe it actually would be nice occasionally to have the vid screen.
    http://www.innovv.com/#!the-k1/c3r6

20. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The size of the cameras looks good, what does the recorder unit look like? Interested.

:lurk