INNOVV 2CH Full HD Motorycle Recording System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OnTheWay, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Flyingarmy

Flyingarmy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just ordered the K1 yesterday. Found this thread after I ordered it. Guess I missed out on the free 32gb micro sd. But a few questions:

1) Is the new power cord and clips included?

2) When mounting the cameras I have seen both behind the windscreen and in other locations. Which one is more suitable?

3) Is the black pouch included?

I am mounting the K1 on a BMW R1200 GS 08' and looking for mounting location suggestions.
  2. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    I have a 2012 r1200gs. Unit under the seat. Front mirror mounted near the left turn signal, and the rear is mounted just under that useless luggage "rack" with a little plate extension to the center bolt.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    YakSpout and Flyingarmy like this.
  3. RedRam

RedRam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well I ordered the unit, (K1) and installed on my 1150GSA. Spent about half a day on install, to do it right. Sadly, right from the beginning there have been problems. First, I cannot access the menu, unless it is running only from internal battery, if on bikes power-no menu. Then it started the 'recording stopped' loop, have to take the internal battery out to get it to shut up. Contacted support, and got a trouble shooting guide, which I went through to no avail. They basically said its the sd card or wired wrong. The card works fine in other cameras, and I bought a new 64gb class 10, same problem. Wiring is correct. Contacted support again 3 days ago, and no reply. So at this point I would not recommend this system. Should not have this many problems right out of the box-real disappointed.
  4. Flyingarmy

Oddometer:
    Haven't installed mine yet, hopefully this week. On shore power my K1 works fine, guess we will see once its on the GS. You might have gotten a bad one.
  5. RedRam

RedRam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I sincerely hope yours is trouble free. The biggest challenge is finding a good physical location for all the components. The dvr is not waterproof, and they state the gps is waterproof except for the speaker :confused. Anyway I wished I had done more research on the web first, seems a LOT of people are having the same issues. And btw, mine worked ok the 1st day or so, but now intermittent at best, always ending in "recording stopped" loop. Lesson learned. Good luck.
    Rhombic likes this.
  6. SageCloud

SageCloud Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It hasn't worked properly yet, but today I had a new issue;

7. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer:
    Haven't seen that before...

My latest one (after warranty replacement received back in May) was working well for a few months. Just noticed yesterday that the looping recording hasn't been working for the last week. I reformatted the card and will check it after my commute home tonight to verify that it's recording properly again.

The K1 is such a great concept. It's a shame that the hardware and software are so problematic. I bought and installed this system as an 'insurance policy' if something happened during a commute. So far, it's proven completely unreliable. Every once in a while, I'll see something during a ride and hit the 'save' button. So far, I'm about 40% on whether that event was actually saved or not.

I wanted a fire-and-forget way to record my ride, but now I'm considering a Sena 10C Evo. Another thing to charge and turn on when before I start a ride...
  8. Flyingarmy

Oddometer:
    Installed mine this weekend.

Built a cooling/protection box for it with 2ea. 25mm fans on a separate PDM-60 circuit that stays on for a minute after I turn off the bike to cool it down. The box keeps it secure (from moving around) and will help protect it from the elements (somewhat). After my 3 hour commute today I'll pull the card and see how it performed. Way too many wires for a motorcycle, connections need to be simplified and the entire unit need to be waterproof. A few pictures of the final install. IMG_57921.jpg IMG_57931.jpg IMG_57971.jpg IMG_57981.jpg
    YakSpout, Suncoaster and GHO100 like this.
  9. SageCloud

SageCloud Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've almost had it with this thing. It's impossible.

I've tied it to a RVS slate to keep it secure (and hopefully some cooling) and made a 'cable stabilizer' to keep the cables in place. Guess what...didn't help...

IMG_2212.JPG

It keeps the recording loop. And yesterday I was this close to having an accident with a car running red lights and it wasn't on the recordings. So what's the use of a system if you can't rely on it?
  10. Flyingarmy

Oddometer:
    Agree this device needs to be overhauled. Running wires and mounting was simple and clean. The only issue I have, and its huge, is that the micro USB cables (even with the secure cable guide in place) seem to have poor connections. On my system, either power, or rear camera intermittently connect. My first ride yesterday recorded the morning commute fine. The commute home recorded only the front camera. Then it went into a recording loop when I arrived home. This system needs a connection like the C5. or the C5 needs 2 cameras. Definitely wouldn't buy this system again and wouldn't recommend anyone else buying one. Since the DVR itself isn't waterproof, I built a semi-waterproof case with fans. But with the intermittent, problems not sure it was worth my time. More reviews to follow with time.
  11. Flyingarmy

Oddometer:
    I figured out my issues with the k1. With the Parking On and a high G sensor it was looping recording with even a small breeze. I turn it off completely and it doesn’t loop after I turn off the ignition. Both my to/from commutes recorded correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Suncoaster likes this.
  12. SageCloud

SageCloud Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just for my understanding; you brought the [GSENSOR LEVEL] back to 0 (Zero), right?

And your other settings are;
    [1920x1080 30P 16:9]
    [QUALITY] : S.FINE
    [WDR] : ON
    [STAMP] : ON
    [LDWS+FCWS DETECT] : OFF
    [LDWS CALIBRATION] : -
    [SEC STREAM]: 1920X1080P
    [LCD BRIGHTNESS] : 64
    [LCD CONTRAST] : 80
    [MOTION DETECT] : OFF
    [LCD OFF TIME] : 30 SEC
    [SPLIT TIME] : 5 MINS
    [GPS POWER] : ON
    [TIME ZONE] : +1
    [GSENSOR LEVEN] : 0
    [SCENE MODE] : OFF
    [AE BIAS] : 0.0 EV
    [VIDEO FLIP] : OFF
    [STAMP SPEED] : OFF
    [SPEAKER VOLUME] : 08
    [PARK MODE] : OFF
    [SCREEN SAVER] : ON
    [DRIVER FATIGUE] : OFF
    [CAR LAMP OPEN] : OFF
    [EDOG BEEP] : OFF
  13. Flyingarmy

Oddometer:
    Sagecloud....I think that's correct. Not 100% sure about the other settings. All I changed was Parking to Off and the G Sensor to 0.
  14. SageCloud

SageCloud Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I tried your settings on the way back home and fixed the DVR on my tank so I could see what was happening. Every bump in the road, the unit appeared to restart. Even with the plate and cable organiser in place. I even tried putting the Beamer ESA in 'Soft'. So I've had it when I came home and disassembled the unit. The Unit itself seems solid enough, it appears the micro USB connections are the problem. So I'm going to solder them one by one on the unit, in hopes this will fix my problems.

IMG_2214.JPG IMG_2215.JPG IMG_2216.JPG
    YakSpout likes this.
  15. Flyingarmy

Oddometer:
    I have always suspected the Micro USB connections to be the issue with this device. Wish I had a connection like the C5. Also, in the picture the small backup battery, looks like it has lots of oxidation. I'd clean that off and apply some dielectric grease. Looks like your system is getting lots of moisture. I am trying to prevent that since I ride year round in any weather. Let me know how it goes...definitely interested in the results.

Attached Files:

16. RedRam

RedRam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just wished I had done more research on this thing before pulling the trigger. I can't access the menu, goes to recording stopped loop, sometimes when cutting on it goes into loop, or won't come on at all, or quits in middle of ride, etc. Then sometimes it works, or at least the little red light is on for a while. Yeah, maybe it is the connections-that makes sense, but not my job to figure it out. Sadly, or ironically, my $23 E-Bay dash cam in my truck, has worked flawlessly for a year, through heat and cold.

I've been in contact with them several times, and I get, 'are you sure its wired right' ? Or, ' there must be electronic interference' or, your sd cards are no good, or we haven't gotten any e mails from you' ( even though they responded 4 times), or 'you need to install noise suppression rings', ( which I did), and on and on. No more Chinese branded products for me. This is the 3rd time, 1st was an action cam that wouldn't even come on-Amazon refunded my money, didn't even want it back. 2nd time home surveillance system, the dvr lasted exactly 1 month out of warranty, and now this. I know you can't entirely avoid their products, but at least with a known brand name you stand a little better chance. I'm trying now just to get my money back- just should not have this many problems out of the box-I'm done with it. (rant over:D)
  17. SageCloud

SageCloud Adventurer

Oddometer:
  18. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer:
    Tried it on my last K1. Didn't seem to fix anything.

The replacement K1 has given me a 'recording stopped' loop twice in about 6 months, but resetting and reformatting the MicroSD card seemed to sort it out each time.
  19. David Coulthard

David Coulthard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am in the same boat at the moment, on my second one which has the recording stopped cycle. This seems to be from a faulty camera which has been used both in this one and the prior one. Also it will not recognise the firmware upgrade when copied to the SD Card.

Support for me has been a both good and bad. Sometimes it is super fast, other times it takes them ages.
  20. RedRam

RedRam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I'm real sorry to hear of so many with problems with this thing. I had intended to send it back, but shipping came to nearly $120, just doesn't seem worth it . Especially since someone posted that theirs had been circulating in the Chinese mail system for 6 weeks, after sending it back. Lots of others on different forums posting same problems. I really wanted this to work. I've tried nearly everything, disconnected one camera at a time, 3 sd cards, ran internal battery flat, etc. Can't format cards, I can't pull up the menu. I hate getting burned for this much money. Insult to injury: the same system is on Amazon for less money; (well looks about the same) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M9EK58X/ref=sxbs_sr_ss_b_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3221812782&pd_rd_wg=qplh2&pf_rd_r=NES40J4Q24JJ0F1H5VZ5&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B01M9EK58X&pd_rd_w=xhAMj&pf_rd_i=innovv+k1&pd_rd_r=e3af8f43-46a7-40b4-a35b-87c2af9eebf0&ie=UTF8&qid=1509911885&sr=3
    Its also listed here: https://www.amazon.com/K1S-Camera-G...rType=all_reviews&sortBy=recent#R9FY5T8LUW08C
    Read the reviews.
    Anyone want to buy a camera system cheap?:bluduh