Insert clever airhead based title here ....

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by planktonnn, Aug 25, 2009.

?

I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...

1. Nice?

37 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. Nasty?

47 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Nasty but nice?

192 vote(s)
    70.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. planktonnn

planktonnn .also, i am a tw@rt Supporter

Oddometer:

2. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  3. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    DMW 250 odd miles now without a significant drop out. It stopped once, but that was the reserve kicking in...

In other news, how the Ferrari was quicker than the Merc in Montreal:

It's all in the straight in sector 3, no? Merc poss 'brake steer' makes all the difference in the slow turns? :1drink
  4. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Audio coverage of the Le Mans 24, as ever, at http://www.radiolemans.co/ - Listen Live button to the right. Calls player pop up window.

[​IMG]
  5. Dirtyboydeadly

Dirtyboydeadly AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer:
    Glad the DMW is behaving.

Looks like the reds got better drive from that low speed corner and kept the advantage all the way to the line.
  6. Brun

Brun Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I'm betting that there was a moment of disappointment, possibly involving a little involuntary expletive when the DMW ran out of juice.

250 miles (~400kms) is good. At what number will you declare that that problem no longer exists and you can move on to the next one?

PS: Seems that British folk still use miles instead of kilometres. What's that about?
  7. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    The Irregular Digest, issue 52 -
    Well the DMW's not mis-behaving as such, and that's good enough for now eh? :lol3

It seems true to say that the Ferrari appears to have a tad top speed/acceleration/power advantage; but seems Merc have it tied down in rotating the vehicle at the apex & on traction out of the turns?... But then it's not drag racing is it, and if Vettel keeps chucking it @ the grass he's not going to pull back that points deficit. Hovever much he whines & deflects...

Round by round, from now on it just depends on the track layouts, and which chassis suits them best.

And when peeple whine about a teams domination they really ought to be blaming the other teams for being too slow, no?...

M thumbs up.jpg

Anywah, Wednesday soon be here -

shiny bike poster 2019.JPG

I'm ready for my annual argumentation about the location of my parking...
    :rofl

Who's in the pic there?​
    I guess I reacted ok when it dropped out on the fuel.

In 'The Conquest Of Gaul'* dear self-hagiographical (word'o'week 2.) Gaius-Jules speaks of preparing a battle plan with all eventualities worked out (topography & terrain/land features/troop comparisons/troop dispositions & advantages/disadvantages/all variations defined & accounted for) - but then when the fight starts you just start killing the 'other' peeple - reacting to events as they present themselves in reality, or what is on a global level presented as reality.​

Back 2 Motosickle - I don't run the T-Pieced cross pipe on the fuel, but both sides dropped out at the same moment so there was indeed a V brief moments confuss-ion, in which, for a millisecond there, I felt a bit like this -

59-1060.JPG

But I knew the tank was low so, because the en'Djin eventually churned in (still rolling) once I flipped the taps, I'm chalking that one down as fuel... We'll see :1drink

As per right now it's showing 360.45 miles (580.088045 Km) since the kill switch bypass. It did a dropout today, but I'm unsure of the cause (watter ingress? Didn't rpt). Zo I'm not yet ready to write this all off as sorted. That'd be a foolishness, uh? We'll see.

I'd slate a figure of 999.55 more miles (1608.6198 Km) before my twitch may subside, mostly.

I guess I need to be thinking next about rebuilding a life then the seat pan, for which I need to get some 2 or 3 mm ally plate & new seat foam. Then I will need a rule, a scribe, a cutdisk/grinder & a hammer...

The tool list to rebuild a life differs, tho/ough it does include a length of pipe & a wrench. Edit: Hang on, that reads all kinds of wrong :lol3

To my sorry a$$ the Miles/Kilometres thing is clear/deffo demonstration (along with the retention of the currency & recent redesign) of there never having been a full commitment to being attached to the continent? In the following (1978) I specifically refer to the very first lady, including her 'kilolomomitage' confuss-ion (but the following peeple's also pretty illustrative in them-selfs?).

Shortform view.

The numbers on the signs never changed from miles. The text would later extend to include archaic &/or re-emerging (previously crushed) languages, even beloved Cornish, but no, the numbers never changed. Though I did recently hear of discussion that we ought drop the Arabic numerals...

Thing (to me) is - The stentorian (nb: word of the week 1.) tone of facaded faded Buccaneer-Build Empire, like unmanaged sewage, never did quite seep away here in the Former United Commonwealth Kingdoms :lol3

A nation with Little Dog Syndrome? (nb: syndrome of the week 1.) - now to be cast into a faux turmoil, wrought (strictly per plan per se.) over a dynastic timeframe, which most peeples here seem to think is happening moment by clusterfekked-up moment. But wasn't it always the intention? What do I know.

Sidenote: Tony Benn had thoughts re EU, even back in 1975 -

Longform view.

And zo now (hetypesinapompoustone), whilst all of the Earth (nb: a ball of mud spinning in space) is reported as being in teetering peril, it somehow feels something like the winter of 1937? But then it may already be August 1939, or Dec. 41?, or Iranian mines? Or maybe it's just Aug. '64 & The Gulf Of Tonkin :1drink **

We never find out till later.

!"£$%^&*()_+_)(*&^%$£"!​

Over the weekend, amongst plentee other things, I was engaged (tho/ough rather ball pizzled) in a convo re how another-other person feels they can no longer engage with or influence macro-micro World events. They're the same age as me, they feel they can do nothing.

But, I slurredly suggested, in 'Manufacturing Consent' (long-longform link, & used as example in convo because I estimated it was within their environ/vocab/sphere/ways?) I think I'm right in saying that Noam describes this de-enablement as the go-to in the authoritarian play book? We have to do something, no? Seems to me I talk too much & listen too little.

Still, I would aim to adopt what Plato (in The Republic') describes as the Socratic way. If ones converse-ist is caused to agree with the constituent parts of an argument, they might then agree with the whole.

It's just words. Action matters more.

* Sometimes titled 'Commentaries on the Gallic War'.
    ** Note father of Jim Morrison re Doors...

PPS - The idiot in Q:

image000000.jpg
    The shade quite suits, no?

:1drink:1drink:1drink :rofl :1drink:1drink:1drink
    Brun likes this.
  8. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    How to get lost in an old Newtown...

9. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Intermission:

10. rightsideup

rightsideup Get your motor running...

Oddometer:
  11. Dirtyboydeadly

Oddometer:
    Re the shiny bike night pic. It was a little poke at Mr goffy although it isn't.

Ps he has apparently lost sight in one eye so try approaching him from the blind side and going boo.

This will be plenty of comedy as he has suffered from 2 heart attacks in the past :jack:jack:jack
  12. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    ?

go edit.jpg
    Dirtyboydeadly likes this.
  13. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    And yet in comment on this pic 'elsewhere' it's mostly about the lips & no mention yet of having been stabbed in the ear with a fork...
  14. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I do rate Berry, tho/ough he's been a little overlooked when compared to his 'year group'. It's all coming together now tho/ough huh?
  15. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Strange things are afoot with the charging system...

[​IMG]
    http://en.webfail.net/

On occasion, starting Fri., the bar mounted LED VM is oft-times showing up to 15.2V, matched by V slightly higher measurement @ the battery (i.e. non remote read).

Even with the light on hi-beam, tho/ough of course the load is at least halved on OEM & then some by an LED bulb up front + LED tail lights. As is, it's always previously been @ 14.4 or thereabouts, at max. Or 14.3 with the lights full on.​

The majical gen/V seems to settle down over a run, sometimes, but it's vacillating. There doesn't seem to be measurable key-off load on the battery, not least because the M-U alarm only pulls mill-v's.

I struggle to see how the recent kill switch bypass would cause this?, and it didn't for the first many-miles (mucho kilolomometers).​

I'd have thought a shot regulator would be showing me more than 15 odd? 18 maybe. And with it being a solid state unit they do tend to work or not work don't they. And if it were an unlikely cracked solder dry-joint why would cap its swing around 15V? And how would a reg wiring fault cause this? Anywah my local OCD :lol3 BMW Spares Nut has furnished temp usage of a solid state & mechanical pair for testing...

When the drizzle's subsided I'll give them a go.

But: There's a little niggle in the back of my broke bonce that wonders just a tiny tad about the (Exide AGM) battery. The AGMs seem to fail in a different way, and this reminds me of when the last one conked 3 or 4 years ago, after 3 or 4 years of solid service.

That one just flipped one day and just clicked the relay, until failing to do even that - to where it would seemingly accept a bench charge, but didn't then have any sorta Amp Torque, if you see what I mean. I'm told Sir Lozzz of Stone had a comparable AGM misbehaviour - full bench charge, and then when he put a leeetle bulb across the load collapsed it.

And rpt.

I guess the primary reason the battery is particularly on my mind is I'd need to save for one. I mean it's a bit of a stretch to imagine it to be that, but it's alzo a bit of a stretch in the current circs to be finding £97 for a replacement. Disproportionate concern. Anywah, a load test should precede replacement.​

Or maybe I should just fit an outlet to heated undershorts to drain the excess V & keep riding?

I find it's in my nature (& lerning from Caesar?) to run thru/ough a range of possible outcomes*.
    So as to anticipate & fend a panoply of poss's.
    Or I just have too much time & not enough to do.
    Or bad project management skills?

Most likely good project mange-ment skills.​

* Come to think of it I should watch the VM next time I push the starter to see if there's an abnormal drop... And...

Or if tl:dr & you prefer the short version of any poss comment on any poss issue anywheres -

Or, if you prefer, studio version here.​
  16. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Mechanical regulator swapped in & the system once more pegs around 14.3-14.4V :1drink

So, off to the annual Local Classic Club Shiny Knobs night tonight.
  17. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Intermission (longform):

18. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    It's possible there may be pics from the Shiny Knobs Night, as & when they might surface? :1drinkIn the meantime -

nuts.jpg

'The big bugger used to hold up a bit of Battersea Power-station'. PB​
  19. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  20. Dirtyboydeadly

Oddometer:
    Last night after I tucked the kaff up in the main workshop shed #1. I looked up into the sky and observed the police chopper trundling along in the direction of your village along the route of the A41