Insert clever airhead based title here ....

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by planktonnn, Aug 25, 2009.

?

I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...

1. Nice?

41 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. Nasty?

49 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Nasty but nice?

198 vote(s)
    70.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dirtyboydeadly

Dirtyboydeadly AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer:
    I bet the nice jacket and trousers combo won't stay that bright for long.

In other news. The royal rust bucket is off the ramp and the GS is on the ramp.

Bevel box is off and cough cough around the £700 mark to get it repaired.

I need some cash jobs to come my way IMG-20210905-WA0004.jpeg
  2. planktonnn

planktonnn .also, i am a [email protected]

Oddometer:
    So you dug into the Oilhead? Good-O. And yes, the dayglo won't last long.
    Ah don't worry none, I'm sure someone from the production company will be in touch soon about your new role. It's half Edd China/half David Dickinson - all big fees :rofl
    Dirtyboydeadly likes this.
  3. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  4. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  5. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Some discussions occurred today, on one point around the timetable for recommissioning of the DMW. These seem to point toward end of month/start of next (at which point the historic non-tax must be renewed along with the 2nd presentation of a V112 MOT exemption form). I need to look at what I need to acquire re locks & mirrors etc. In the many tasks that make up this project stitches are being laid around the circumference, which when pulled will form the neck of a bag. At my end right now it's all about what order things need to be done in, depending on finance...

That was the interesting part of the day, the rest maybe less?

Other discussions pointed towards vested interests & issues of parking in the area. Over Koffee mention was made by a local oracle that the parking permits were currently closed to new applications. I knew in my meanderings I'd seen something about a scheme being closed, but it later turned out that was the Congestion Charge residents discount. The DMW will be exempt from both this (even when it expands to the North & South Circular Roads) & the ULEZ under 40 yr/historic status on the Reg Doc. Just go's to show peeple don't know everything. And whilst what they say should be heard it may not be listened to.

Under this same header subject-line came yattering 'bout one of the cars (a red V-Waggen) parked in the resident bays just by here, by which I mean close enough to look out the window & see the bike myself (like when looking at it adoringly, or, er, when the alarm might go off).

IMG_20210908_151554.jpg

The 4 wheel vroomer was apparently gifted to a local alco-lothario by one of his now-dead consorts, and by the amount of surrounding gravel & road debris you'd think it unmoved since its last MOT test in Nov 2019. I've never seen it shift in the near 18 months since I moved here, and the 'goss' (as if it mattered, but to be fair they were apparently talking about it on the bus up to Kilburn this morning. I mean, you have to do something when travelling in the Kilburn area...) is that it's what you might refer to as the antonym of a vehicle, tho/ough nobody at the table knew what that word might be. 'A Static' someone suggested, but I felt that a rather poor attempt.

Didn't mention it, but (ya know) disapproved internally a bit. :1drink

Point is how peeple ought maybe deal with one another. There's a consensus that suggests using, er, curtain twitching anonymous reporting pages, because the cars 'situation' is natch out of date, and given the timescales involved it's thought unlikely to be insured (which it must be to be park-permit valid, so they say). It may be & there's no site I know of for public insurance checks, tho/ough even if it were, any policy is void given the above status? Blah blah pointless conversation etc. Real point is that I expect peeple to approach me if they might have an issue, so I'd do the same to them, no? Given no viable reason for it not to be, dialogue must be possible. But then peeple are dicks aren't they :rofl

Zo I'll talk to him gently, and if he doesn't shoot me he can feel however he likes. Come to think he can pull the trigger on whatever he might have. Not as tho/ough I care.

:imaposer

TOODLE PARP!?!
  6. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  7. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Bearing in mind, if all goes to plan, I should be back with the Motosickle in a few weeks, I felt I needed to refamiliarise myself with the wiring -

Modified schematic with M-unit V9 02.jpg

:1drink
    Brun likes this.
  8. rightsideup

rightsideup Get your motor running...

Oddometer:
    The m.unit is a fantastic thing. I put one on my Ducati and have had zero electical problems since (for the first time in 37 years of ownership). I like 'em!
  9. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Aye, I do like them. Other options are of course available, but the M-Unit works good for me :1drink
  10. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Bits (cover/lock/horn/etc.) ordered (no mirrors as yet) and insurance just been bought (live next Wed), so next step is getting the resident parking permit: registered for it, but applying when required insurance is live... GO tbc for end of month/start of next.

11. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Intermission:

12. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh YES!!!!

13. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  14. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    M n P goodies.jpg
    all items to scale... Arf etc.

Er... guess which of these items was added because they were unfeasibly cheap? All delivered today, and as you might note from the Motosickle cover, I am now the most dayglo inhabitant of the west end... :rofl So I may look the most stupid*, but if you could hear out my window you'd know I wasn't actually the most stupid.

No, that crown of schit goes to the ejit who's been going 'WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH' (rpt) just up the road for the last half hr. Why do peeple think that's something they should do, that it could in any way be considered valuable or confer "I'm-hard-me" in any mind but their own?

It's not an issue in itself. More that I natch become increasingly connected to the ebb of events down on the ground, because whereas for the last 18 months everything I should be concerned with was up here on the 5th (or 6th depending on how you count it) floor, at some point in the coming period I'll be thinking of the Motosickle being down there.

Amongst them :imaposer

It doesn't matter specifically when this 'relocation strategy' gets to happen. From this point I just fit around when it turns out to be conveniently possible, because 'possible' is what can be made to happen, no worries :1drink Anywah I still need to buy some mirrors... (L & R)

PS> as a side note the cheap leg bag is slightly disappointing, in that it says 'INSPIRING ADVENTURE' on the side, which didn't show up in the site pics. How embarrassing :rofl

* It's a bit like dipping into the silly dressing up box, but then one of the aspects of Motosickleatism is costume isn't it?
  15. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Insurance kicks in today, so I've now taken out a £57 quid pound residents parking permit. And because the (to be submitted) insurance docs have yet to fall thru/ough the door it's a 6 week permit in the 1st inst. Insurance has to be live to apply, but the docs can go in when they arrive...
  16. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  17. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Mirrors ordered 2nd hand from Motorworks at around £29 quid pounds p/pr inc. postage.

mirrors.jpg

18. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Intermission:

Brun likes this.
  19. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    I mean, whilst it's the current going rate, in many ways I might expect to just swap them for a pint, but that's capitalism for ye, eh? All these dilettante cashed up ninnies coming along & pushing up the price of Airheads & Airheadabilia. Bastiches!?!
    rightsideup and Jim K in PA like this.
  20. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Now that they've arrived, the mirrors are a lot better than they might look in the photo. Having cleaned the glass there are now zero blemishes on the areas where they look a little cloudy in the pic. The right hand unit has a long shank, which is listed as being for the bar mount brake res. I'm some 40 odd miles from the bike so I've yet to match them to the handlebar mounts on the Motosickle, but we'll see :1drink