Rather than post all of this onto the "big" thread about the bike, here goes: A little history first... bought the bike after it had sat for Dog knows how long... Got it running, etc, but knew that the front wheel bearing(s) was bad. The wheel would spin ever-so-freely, going on and on and on, but it had a grumbly, growly noise to it, and when subjected to the Ausherman shake test, it would move back and forth, sideways. Before going any further, everyone should read this on Duane Ausherman's website: BMW motorcycle wheel bearings, 1956 to late 70s that article says all there is to know, and is what I followed. Below will be photos and description of what I found. Note that his article covers all /2, /5, /6, /7 and 7-type (90 and 100S) bikes, so you might have to look for the particulars of your bike. He has good photos, too. USE THE ARTICLE!!! I should mention that this thread is for an October 1975 (1976 year model) R60/6, which is the only /6 with a drum brake. However, bearing stack and process are similar for disk or drum. If you have a disc brake, scroll down quite a ways to the particular for that model. By the way, this drum will just about throw me over the handlebars, but then, I do have a pretty good grip (on hammers and such, not life....) Photo above shows the axle ready to come out, with the pinch bolts loosened. Once the wheel is off, the bearing cap tends to fall off, or at least it did with both my front and rear wheels. I just stuck my finger in and pulled it off, below: Next, back out the five bolts (the /5 is slightly different in looks, but works the same way) and you will see the left bearing just sitting there: You can stick the aforementioned finger (ahem!) into the bearing and just pull it out, as well. I inspected mine by cleaning with some solvent (I used lawnmower gas in a yogurt cup) and found that the rollers were sloppy and rusted.... the rusty-colored grease was a clue, now that I think about it.... So, I ordered a bearing using the number from Duane's site (#30203, which is also used for the swingarm bearings). The bearing house looked it up and told me that it was a metric taper, didn't have it in stock, but it would be in the next day. Well, it was two days later, but it came. Made in Hungary! In retrospect I probly shoulda given Hucky a call, as he has them in stock. So, I now had the bearing in hand, so I stuck it into the race.....thinking that it would be that easy, and we all know how THAT goes.... it was a little better, but still rumbly, and it was smooth as butter in the new race. So, time to get real, and figure out how to do this the right way. Re-read Ausherman's article (lots of interesting stuff, suggestions etc) and in the end decided that a billion plus or minus miles was not a huge deal to me, given what this bike is, so I figured the bearing stack was gonna be close enough, and proceeded from there. Break time.