Insurance company (comprehensive)

Discussion in 'Trials' started by smdub, Nov 9, 2018.

1. smdub

smdub n00b

Oddometer:
    Picked up some trials bikes. I use Progressive for the plated bikes but they don't know what to do w/ manufacturers like Beta or Sherco that aren't on their manufacturer list:( They will only do liability. Looking just to get comprehensive coverage to cover theft. My other 'name brand' dirt bikes / dual sports are super cheap to insure so figured might as well get the trials covered too.

What companies do people use to cover off-road bikes for theft? Searched and couldn't find any info.
  2. bobbywarner

bobbywarner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have comp coverage on my Sherco through State Farm. It's really cheap.
  3. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    I use Progressive, however had the same issue with my older Trials bikes, they let me get full coverage my 2017 Montesa but not my 2007 Montesa.
  4. heffergm

heffergm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Assuming you have a house, check your homeowner's insurance. If they're stored on the property they might cover them.
  5. smdub

smdub n00b

Oddometer:
    Update: I called Progressive back again this morning. After another **LONG** call the helpful lady got the Beta Rev and Sherco on the policy including comprehensive. Had to be put on hold twice for her to speak to the underwriters. This was key. Calling while the underwriters were at work allowed her to work something out. Beta Rev is now even supposedly popping up on their manufacturer/model list so maybe my long call last week got them researching it? FWIW, Came out to about $40/yr for the Beta and $60/yr for the newer Sherco. Seemed reasonable compared to the other bikes I have.

I hadn't thought about my homeowner policy. I use Allstate for that but their moto rates had never been competitive so those stayed w/ Progressive over the years. My agent is a racing acquaintance of mine so maybe I'll give him a ring and see what they can do if they bundle it all together. But for now, at least all the bikes are covered in case some cretin decides to liberate them from my possession.
    Huzband likes this.
  6. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update, I will look into seeing if I can get the older 07 Montesa fixed by calling during the day as well.