Insurance oddities

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by etonline, Jul 13, 2002.

1. etonline

etonline Iowa 318 mi. 11 curves

Oddometer:
    Was reading thru my policy and came to the Safety Apparel Coverage clause. $1000 USD, very generous. Then the fine print hey it includes rain gear neat. Safety apparel is wearing apparel designed for personal safety while riding a motorcycle, which has been manufactured and sold specifically for motorcycling.

BUT>>>>>>>>>"Safety apparel does not include helmets."

Well hell guess the HD guys are right a helemt isn't safety apparel.
  2. markgsnw

markgsnw WTF?

Oddometer:
    slightly off topic, and what's odd about my insurance (State Farm) is that the rate is based entirely on engine displacement, period.

I must be fun being an actuary :deal
  3. etonline

etonline Iowa 318 mi. 11 curves

Oddometer:
    This policy is with Dairyland. But think I am switching back to Progressive.
  4. Waco

Waco Renegade Sickle Hound

Oddometer:
    I was going to shop around for cheaper rates, but insurance companies won't even give me a quote because I have one speeding ticket and both of our cars were rear-ended and totalled in the last year. No claims against our insurance. I was sitting at a red light, minding my own business, and some disoriented old lady plowed into my car. Our other car was hit on the freeway by some teenager going too fast in a Firebird. How does that make me high risk? Now I'm stuck with whatever my insurance company wants to charge for the next 3 year. Insurance is the biggest ripoff in America! :2guns
  5. bear

bear Guest

FUCK YEAH, INSURANCE IS A RIPOFF. Legalized criminals is what they are, My wife's truck got hammered by hail, and was vandalized and hit by a speeding teenager her 6 month rate jumped 3 times. When she asked when it would return to normal they said it might come down after 5 years. But not to what it was, oh they can raise it in one year but it takes an act of God to lower it to a reasonable amount. She was with this company 12 years without a claim until this year and now they are pissed they had to pay out(Allstate sucks) So now she has to go to a new company.

I had a company dump me because my car was too old. no claims ever.

I had my insurance go up this year by a $100.00 just because I live in TX what the Fuck is that?

Dairyland is still less expensive than the rest but they are still an insurance company
  6. farquharson

farquharson Tartan clad redneck

Oddometer:
    I have taken to excluding comprehensive collision to reduce my rates. Without the fear of paying out for a tip-over the rate comes down significantly.

Now of course if I drop the bike I am screwed but the premium bills have been sent to me regularly but bike drops are more rare....