Interesting new tire tool.

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Stumpalump, Sep 2, 2012.

1. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    The order won't go thru until I send Are the money, I will be happy to post up whatever invoice he sends me. But this will be a single order with 30 +/- tools plus an assortment of adapters (not 30 + separate orders), I think the best I can do is make sure the list on post 49 = what's on the invoice.
  2. Anders288

Anders288 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry I miss post #49
  3. Trl Rdr

Trl Rdr Big Red Bird

Oddometer:
    Put me down for 1 tool + 15 & 17 adapters. Sending e-mail shortly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  4. 75monza

75monza Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in. Email sent.
  5. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    28 units confirmed as of this evening (counting my 2).

I got a lot of email questions about the adapters today, here is how I understand it: PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!

The tool comes with a 20 mm rod (which will fit for example, a DRZ with a 20 mm axle).
    There is also a 25 mm sleeve to shim it for a larger axle.
    An optional 15 and a 17 mm adapter are available for smaller axles, I'm thinking 200-250 cc dual sports / dirt bikes.
    There is also an optional "pusher rod" that is shorter than the one in the kit, I'm thinking mini-bike or scooter???

There are pics in the thread showing exactly what you get when you order just the tool. Someone has posted the prices for the adapters earlier, that cost will be added to your bill.

I don't know if you could use this on something like a 990 (I have a 990 SMR and I suspect I could machine another sleeve to shim it out to 30 mm or whatever, but YMMV).

Final cost is going to be around 120 bones each, we can't get around the International shipping (about 9 bucks each unit) and my shipping to you from FL (about 11 bucks). I think I calculated $150 if I just ordered one unit for myself from Are and had it shipped to my addy in FL. Right now our quantity will fit in 2 boxes from overseas. If we get close to 40+ units then he will need 3 boxes to send over our tools, because of weight restrictions he can only put about 20 tools in a box. Now, if one of you FF's was gonna do a RTW, you could just pick them up and bring them home with you :D

Anyway, when we get ready to order, I will send you an email with what I am ordering for you. When you reply to my email and confirm I have your order right, I will consider that a "handshake" and will order your stuff. I will expect a check (not rubber), money order or a PP hit within 10-12 days, I was originally worried about PayPal because I didn't want all that cash going into my PP account but I've figured out a way to get it back into my checking account for when my VISA bill comes in.

Are said 7 days after payment he would ship, I don't know how long it will take for them to get to FL. The CH guys may know. I did email Kelly at MotoSports (he did the CH group buy) and he said it went smoothly.

Once I place the order I can't be responsible if you're not happy with the tool or it doesn't work on your Bling Busa or your turbo Honda mini or if it scratches your one-off gold plated KLR rims. If I screw up the shipping I will help fix it, but if the USPS screws up you gotta help me out and work on it from your end. I should get delivery confirmation and tracking, but USPS is not the most up to date tracking system. I will get these sent out to you ASAP, but it might take a week to get everybody's in the mail, I do have a day (and night job) but my office staff can help me print labels and we'll get'er done.

That's all for now, PMR out!
  6. knobbyjoe

knobbyjoe Adventure and dirt rider

Oddometer:
    Note:
    Ktm Adventure 990, 450, 400 all have 20mm axles. So the standard tool will fit KTM.:clap

Good going Craig with the group buy. Suggest all buyers chip in $5.00 for your efforts. I am.
    KJ
  7. Earl

Earl Trials Rider

Oddometer:
    I just now saw this thread, I would like one also! Thanks for the effort.
  8. kentnothstine

kentnothstine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    I read thru most of that thread, Pete-NZ makes them in New Zealand (I guess). He uses Are's U-tube video to show how his tool works, looks basically the same. The thread mentions starting another thread and getting an idea what it would cost to ship to the US and do group buys. He's using a price of $70 before importing here. I guess he makes them by hand, about 5-6 per week. I'm trying to do this reading on my Droid, maybe someone else has read it all.

I don't have a dog in this race, anybody that wants to go this route instead (the NZ deal) just send me an email and I'll take you off the list. I think we'll still have 20+ so it won't affect the pricing much. Everybody just needs to do what's right for them.
  10. knobbyjoe

knobbyjoe Adventure and dirt rider

Oddometer:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/group-buy-tire-changing-tool.27018/

Well dang, someone is going to get a visit by a patent lawyer. Anyway, based on the information so far I'm sticking with this group buy. I want the tool now and looks like we will get one when PMR does the buy. The folks over at CafeHusky were satisfied and I'm going with our deal.
    KJ
  11. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    My vote is stick with the plan we have now. Just my 1.34 cents (adjusted for inflation)
  12. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    forget any patent issues. there have been prior art (tools) just like this for 60 years. old tool maker had a similar device for setting and pulling orings he showed me. had my last name on it from 1923 or something.
  13. unaweep

unaweep Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer:
    PM sent to PineyMountainRacing.:D

I've got mousses on order!:lol3
  14. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    I have 34 tools spoken for at this time, plus various adapters - you guys are really tool / gadget junkies :D

The list on page 4 is a bit confusing because 3 inmates that are on it have never gotten back to me since my PM's (and they are not included in the 34) and a couple guys have ordered 2 tools each. I'm thinking we'd better cut it off at 35 in order to keep the shipping to 2 boxes, I will add everything up tonite and send an email to Are and ask if we have room for more or if we are close to the limit weight-wise. If we go to a 3rd package, then we'll need another 10-15 tool orders to offset the cost. And I know you all are itching to start changing tires the old school way.

PMR
  15. KevinTBO

KevinTBO n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm in for 1 tool, no adapters. Email sent, ready to pay! Thanks for orgainzing!!!
  16. NortwestRider

NortwestRider TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer:
    Looks very cool but my $40 HF mounting stand and the $13 tire bar works just as easy and faster !!.With that said I still like the idea behind this tool ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    #35 tools confirmed at 2135 EDT - I need to stop taking orders until I can talk with Are re: the shipping. So, from this point forward I'll be happy to put others on kinda "waiting list" in case we can add a few more or a "confirmed" backs out at the last minute. I'll figure up what we have tonite and email Are, but doubt I'll hear back until Monday.

35 tools
    #8 15 mm adapters
    #10 17 mm adapters
    #3 short push rods
    #1 16 mm adapter
  18. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    email from Are today:

he has us down for #35 tools, #8 15 mm adapters, #10 17 mm adapters, #1 15.6 mm custom adapter and #3 of what he is calling "axle 10 -14" " - I assume these are the shorter push rods.

I will have him ship 2 extra tools if they will fit, I already have one inmate on the "waiting list" and another that emailed me that might be interested. However many tools he can ship in the 2 packages, that's what I'll take. I will be sending emails to everyone on the list this week, and asking you to verify your individual orders, and confirming you have read (and agree with) post #127 which is my "disclaimer":

Anyway, when we get ready to order, I will send you an email with what I am ordering for you. When you reply to my email and confirm I have your order right, I will consider that a "handshake" and will order your stuff. I will expect a check (not rubber), money order or a PP hit within 10-12 days, I was originally worried about PayPal because I didn't want all that cash going into my PP account but I've figured out a way to get it back into my checking account for when my VISA bill comes in.

Are said 7 days after payment he would ship, I don't know how long it will take for them to get to FL. The CH guys may know. I did email Kelly at MotoSports (he did the CH group buy) and he said it went smoothly.

Once I place the order I can't be responsible if you're not happy with the tool or it doesn't work on your Bling Busa or your turbo Honda mini or if it scratches your one-off gold plated KLR rims. If I screw up the shipping I will help fix it, but if the USPS screws up you gotta help me out and work on it from your end. I should get delivery confirmation and tracking, but USPS is not the most up to date tracking system. I will get these sent out to you ASAP, but it might take a week to get everybody's in the mail, I do have a day (and night job) but my office staff can help me print labels and we'll get'er done.

Hello!

Standard lenght 15mm axle is 110mm and 17mm axle 105mm is it good?
    This order is aboat 60kg, maybe 2Tyre Mounting Tools can send more.

Best regards!

Are Kaurit
    tel.+3725044631
    www.kauritmoto.com

Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 19:14:11 -0700
    Subject: Fw: tire tool
    To: arekaurit@hotmail.com

I made a mistake, the order is for:

35 tyre tools
    8 15 mm adapters
    10 17 mm adapters
    3 short pushers
    1 "custom" 15.6 mm by 175 mm adapter

Sorry about that...

Craig Dunn

----- Forwarded Message -----
    To: Are Kaurit <arekaurit@hotmail.com>
    Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 10:10 PM
    Subject: Re: tire tool

Are, I have orders for the following:

#35 tyre tools
    #7 15 mm adapters
    #9 17 mm adapters
    #3 shorter push rods

#1 16 mm adapter (exactly 15.6 mm X 175 mm) - I believe one of my buyers has already talk to you about this special order item.

Will all of these fit in 2 boxes? I can probably order a couple more tyre tools, but prefer to keep the shipping at 2 boxes, just let me know if anymore will fit.

Can you give me a initial invoice with prices and shipping so I can see if it matches what I think it will cost. I plan on using a VISA card for payment, but could possibly do a wire if that would be less money. I've never ordered from overseas before.

Thank-you for your help.

Craig Dunn
  19. youngster

youngster Traction Boy

Oddometer:
    I was hoping you could accept paypal! when the time comes, could you post to what account you want the money sent please!
    Thanks so much for going to the effort for this group buy!
    colin
  20. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    I'm working on emails today, I'll have all that info in it.