Interstate Cafe

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by DavAmb, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Peculierboy

Peculierboy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I always liked the Interstate tanks, but two Commandos? Huh, I'd go broke for sure keeping them on the road.... I haven't used sealant before on the base.
  2. DavAmb

DavAmb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Episode 7: Coffee Table Cafe

Thanks Mr. P,
    yeah, I decided to skip that too. Time will tell, but not had any leaks from the base before and no reason it should just start with a new gasket.

I had a bit of a midnight panic though, woke up and wasn't certain that the gudgeon (wrist) pin circlips were double checked. So I pulled the head and raised the barrels just enough to have a proper look at the circlips. All four looked correctly seated and with a small screwdriver I could rotate each in its groove - a sign that each was fully home. Cut up some pvc pipe to make standoffs - good idea there - thanks again.

Stripped the carbs down and gave them a thorough clean. Reassembled and fitted and did a bit of a general clean up. Zinc plated the odd fastener and other externals and job done. I'll leave it sit for a couple of days with the head/barrels nipped-up but short of full torque. I'll torque it all down in a week. In the meantime, I'm pretty chuffed with it. Feel like setting the whole thing on my coffee table!

IMG_1390.JPG IMG_1391.JPG

Instead I just moved it aside and dragged out the Interstate crank cases:

IMG_1392.JPG IMG_1393.JPG

A lot to be done here - time to get cracking!
    JagLite and Peculierboy like this.