Introducing.....Another F800GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Bobo1167, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Bobo1167

Bobo1167 On a different frequency

Oddometer:
    I've had this bike a month now, yesterday I rolled over 1K miles and thought it was time to share my wisdom.

I really like it, a lot. Especially the motor, it's the right combination of smooth ( like a well tuned sewing machine) and rough, but not intrusive. Plenty of power, seems to want to drive itself.

It's pretty tall for me, at 5'9" with a 30" inseam, I'm on my toes at a stop. But so well balanced it doesn't take very much toe to hold things up. More work to come getting the clutch to engage somewhere closer to the bars. Hope the throttle action between idle and "woah momma" smooths out over time (some of my starts look pretty noobish).

big Cee bailey windsheild is a good thing for this time o year. The Barkbusters will make short work of that windsheild if they ever get put to their real purpose. The lower sheild goes back on before much real woods work comes along.

[​IMG]

The touratech tank bag is nice and fits well. This is the $$$ medium priced one, it expands a couple inches up. Aerostich tank panniers are nice and stiff in the breeze.

[​IMG]

With a little adjustment they won't even come close to my knees.

[​IMG]

Soft bags and mounts from Moto Sport. Everything fit on nicely. This bike comes with dedicated mounting points on the frame under the rear fender. No more bending little hunks of metal to get bags to hang on.

[​IMG]

Metal Mule crash bars, skid plate, and radiator grill. All fit well. A buddy who knows about these things said, "Those crash bars look like factory they fit so well".

[​IMG]

Below is the right foot peg mount. I put the Pivot pegs on last week and in the process found this little metal tab thingy, with the screw in it, riding along in the bracket.
    What do you suppose that is for? The bracket itself is welded on. The screw would seem to allow the plate to adjust for something. All I can figure is it provides some kind of limit to the extent of swing of the peg (why would you do that?). And you'd have to remove the pegs to get to the screw.

[​IMG]

One more. The TKC's are great.

[​IMG]

ride safe bobo
  2. Roonie

Roonie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I concur....... Bought the bike in November and it sat for a little bit during the worst of the winter months. I do really like the bike. Recently switched back to the stock windscreen after having an aftermarket Skidmarx screen on for the winter and went on the highway and I can tell you the aftermarket one makes a huge difference! No more buffeting. Also love the TKC 80's as the stock battlewings are almost embarrasing that they come on a dual sport bike. Had to tighten the chain already. Has good power that is consistent. Been offroad several times and it handles the bumps well for a big bike (have preload set almost to max). Front shocks are a little spongy. Seat is hard... was on bike for 8 hours and could barely walk when getting off.

The only for sure accessory I needed out of all the ones I have added would be bash plate, hand guards, crash bars, and some sort of pannier system (and GPS for those that are directionally challenged like me). Went with the BMW Adventure system as it uses same key to lock everything as ignition.

Not a need necessarily but a useful add-on was a centech fuse panel for all future wiring needs like driving lights, etc. Also changed out canbus for a always on plug with 10 amp fuse.

and yes I like a clean bike
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]