Introduction: noob moving to Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by CRisthmus, May 29, 2014.

1. Reaver

Reaver How Did I Get Here?

Oddometer:
    That'd be great to talk to an Inmate in Panama about their thoughts over a beer! (You were also talking to me, right? :evil)

I have a SPOT tracker set to ping every 10 mins so you could check our progress.

The Hotel we're hoping to get is up that shared driveway serving 4 lots. There's a full time caretaker and a locked gate so you couldn't see anything anyway. The neighbours are also from France and the Lady is, um.....appearing to be a bit nuts so she'd likely tell you off in French and Spanish! :rofl She no habla Englis!

Anyway, I'll PM the link to the picture gallery. If anyone else wants to see then ask. I don't want Photobucket asking for money when I exceed my limit.
  2. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Those Terrios (original not the larger & newer Bego) are kick ass perfect Toyota mini SUV for tight CR places. Rented one for 2 weeks from Wild Rider and traveled all over with it. If I could, I'd own one in the US.
  3. CRisthmus

CRisthmus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    will do Chiriquí Charlie!
  4. Silverfin

Silverfin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi...currently with friends in the Nicoya penisula (near Cobano) and headed south to Panama 2 up on a Super Tenere. Going to take the ferry to Puntarenas and then follow the Pacific coast to the Panama crossing. Want to avoid tough dirt and touisty places (we are 2 up)...any advice on places not to miss and also reasonable accommodations on this route? We might even camp for a couple days. We like this area but a quad is better suited to the terrain than a 900 lb touring bike with passenger.

Any advice appreciated!
  5. alejandro_gp200

alejandro_gp200 Two wheeled rocket

Oddometer:
    Salutes!

Down from Cóbano its all on-road, don´t worry about the road. You may find cheap decent accomodations on the way, as long as you avoid luxury touristy hotels.

For camping, just try to find a camp-place, are very cheap and safe, If you want to be all by yourselves, just pick a place that it´s noo easy to see from the road, to minimize the chance of robbery or anything like that.

Try to go to Manuel Antonio, one of the best beaches it´s inside the National Park, but all places from Jacó Beach to Panamá dererve to be seen.

Nice Trip!
  6. Reaver

Reaver How Did I Get Here?

Oddometer:
    Hey! Look who I found.

CRisthmus (OP) and I went for a ride.

Great to meet you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. CRisthmus

CRisthmus Adventurer

Oddometer: