Introduction

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Mr. Cob, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy All

I was just informed about this list by a fellow GS, owner. I am new to BMW, motorcycles but have been riding for over 35 years. I enjoy the full spectrum of motorcycling, I ride everything from Harley's to dirt bikes and crotch rockets. I have just recently returned from a road trip that took me from my home in western Washington State to the end of the Dalton Hwy. in Dead Horse Alaska. I am new to this list and have not spent much time lurking around to see what is and what is not allowed, so I will hold off for a while on submiting a ride report until I get a feel for what is expected.
  2. Ben

Ben ...

Oddometer:
    Glad to have you aboard... and don't be shy about posting trip reports. We are generally entertained by anything from the ordinary to the off-the-wall.

We aren't really strict around here, as long as it doesn't get totally out of hand with personal attacks... should be fine. Just look at fish (but don't touch, he bites), he is one of our moderators and he breaks any rule any normal site would set.

We pride ourselves on being laid back and a little "off". ;-)

Also, make use of the forums to answer any questions about your new BMW. Some of these old farts have been riding BMWs so long their butts are branded with the logo. :tush
  3. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Welcome, Mr. Cob. Post away. Don't pay no nevermind to Ben...sometimes he forgets to take his meds.

:huh
  4. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy Ben and Fish,

I am not very computer literate, is there an email address I can send the ride report to? Rather then type it out here, it is quite Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng and I wish to edit it before submiting it to another list.

It is a work in progress, I have submited two parts of it to the other lists that I am on and there should be two more parts before it's done. I have included many personal observations about the roads, terrain, weather and attempts at humor. Is this the type of report you want on this list?

Maybe it would be better if I first emailed a copy of the report to one of you before submiting it to the Adventure Rider List, let me know how to proceed. thanks.
  5. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Any way you'd like to do it is fine. You could just cut and paste from email into the compose window...no biggie, really.
  6. Sparky

Sparky .

Oddometer:
    Don't be shy.

Just write your ride report in whatever editing program you want - Star Office would probably please fish but anything from edlin to Word to BBedit would do - and then copy and paste it into the message composition box that this PHP script forum bulleting board whatever provides.

If the moderators don't like it, they'll let you know. It seems that your are allowed 20000 characters in a message. That should be enough for a *very* long story. If it isn't, just split it in two.

This recommendation is not intended to usurp the prerogative of the moderators and owners of this site. I am not one of them and am not trying to play one here. This is just basic stuff.

- Sparky
  7. jocflier

jocflier Dammit, that hurt... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome Mr. Cobb...

You are now a member of the dark side..Going back could pose quite a problem..Please post away and remember to wear your armor..Also remember that everyone here is a good guys with there tongues planted into there cheeks..

Rick
  8. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    So jocflier...are ya gonna keep that avatar? it's really cool, and I'll bet nobody else will have one like it. timmay.
  9. jocflier

jocflier Dammit, that hurt... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fish..

You win...

Rick Lambert