1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

IOPARTO = italian woman + bmw r100gs + brasil to Alaska

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by ZOA, May 2, 2009.

1. ZOA

ZOA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I started the 11 octuber 2008 : I left myhouse at 13
    I arrived at home the 11 octuber 2010 : I enter in my home at 15.30

was exactly 23 months

TOO MUCH for a person that wont just ride fro 10 months:D
  2. ZOA

ZOA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>09-18-2010 03:35 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 14046719" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>GlennRides</TD><TD class=alt2>You are amazing, and that was very challenging adventure. We will wait for the next ride. Ride safe</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>thanks ...and ..the next ride??? I don't know where and when ..but yes ..it will happen again ..I feel it

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Today 04:18 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 14062494" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>aldntn</TD><TD class=alt2>Miriam, what great fun this has been! Thanks and all the best.

Cheers!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    thanks to you for follow me and CHEERS

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Today 06:50 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 14063699" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>C-Stain</TD><TD class=alt2>:clap

Bravo on your wonderful adventure! I check in on where you are every couple of days and I'm happy that you have enjoyed your travels. You are truly and inspiration!

:freaky

Bravo l'avventura meravigliosa! Ho letto tutti gli aggiornamenti dove sei stato e sono contento che avete apprezzato i tuoi viaggi. Siete veramente e ispirazione!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

you know what is strange???
    I don't feel my self so special

but I just can tell you THANKSSSSS
  3. overlandr

overlandr Dystopist

Oddometer:
    Hi Miriam, Many thanks for this wonderful ride report - its been much more interesting because of your eye for a good photo and your stories. Its also proof that an older bike like your GS really does make the trip more of an adventure!:evil
    Ciao!
  4. ZOA

ZOA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    THANKS TO YOU
  5. ZOA

ZOA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AT MY WELOCME ABCK PARTY

there was 100 person

someon with the motorcycle, other with a trike and some confortable caravan

we chose a nice location and for 12 dollars each alot of food and wine :freaky maybe too much

I was not very well ..I had the fever and was not easy for me

but realy realy nice

THANKS TO EVERYONE

I had a brindisi / chears FOR ALL YOU MY ADVRIDER FRIENDS
  6. mpanther

mpanther KotW - Just Ride!

Oddometer:
    I'm sorry to see This ride end, but I am happy you are home after a wonder and joy filled trip.

Welcome Home ZOA!

I look forward to your next adventure.
  7. ZOA

ZOA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    EHEHEH

you will not wait too much

big news

in Italy in Milan from the 2nd to the 9th november there is a BIG SHOW of motorcycle

EICMA

well

I will be there for talk about my trip

never know what will happen during this :evil
  8. azorat

azorat grand Vizir

Oddometer:
    I was one of them! I had the honor to be at the "Welcome home Miriam" dinner near her house.
    I had my bike parked right next to Miriam's GS!! My bike was duly impressed by her "sister" with labels from such far-away places. (I wanted to take a picture of the two bikes, but the light was too poor for the cell-phone camera).

I met lots of other people, some who knew Miriam before, some that met her there for the first time - like me.

Dinner was fabulous and Miriam delighted us all with a show of her photos, despite her running a fever, having caught a flu.
    The DVD player that was feeding the pictures to the projector had in mind some sequence of its own, so the pictures were not necessarily in chronological order, which disappointed Miriam, but I thought it added a nice anarchic touch.
    Great evening, interesting people, excellent food, very good white and red wines (of which I sampled VERY little, since I came by bike).

Thank you Miriam for the splendid evening and for sharing your fantastic adventure. :clap
  9. ZOA

ZOA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    VIDEO

is a best of iOPARTO ..my trip

I hope you will enjoy

is my first test with my new computer ..
    sorry if you don't like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-tBhVRaHY

dedicate to all my friends during the trip
  10. gelandestrasse

gelandestrasse Fidem Scit

Oddometer:
    Very nice.
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p8-tBhVRaHY?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
  11. marty hill

marty hill The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer:
    Hi Miriam,

Just watched a few of your vidios. Very nice. Kathryn and I hope to see you again someday/perhaps at Lago De Garda!:D
  12. ZOA

ZOA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks gelandestrasse for upload in this pefect way

Hi Marty I hope to see you both as soon as possible

dem guy ..I miss the road :cry
  13. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    wow!
  14. RonS

RonS Out there... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congratulations. That was well done. Very few of us have the skill set required to contribute to the lives of those we meet along the way to the extent that you do and you did. You have our deepest respect and admiration. Take care and welcome home.

P.S. I just got back to the Northwest US (Spokane) from a loop through the Alps that included Germany, Switzerland, France, Italy and Austria. There is something about Italy. Every time I've been there and I cross the border into Italy I feel like I'm home. Hopefully you feel the same way even though after a trip like you've just completed the body often arrives home long before the head does. My beleif is that the reason for that is it that you are a different person than you were when you left. It takes a while to get to know the new you. It's an adventure of the mind. Enjoy it.
  15. Rockin Rollin

Rockin Rollin Rockin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very nice Miriam. Well done!:clap
  16. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Incredible journey and such a motivational story. You are a special person and I thank you for sharing your travels with us all.

Best of luck in your future adventures!

Cheers
  17. ZOA

ZOA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks TallRob

RonS when I read the stuff about me ..I always think "is not possible that this is me, I din't do all this ..." but I'm wrong ..I did :norton

Rokin Rollin thanks my friend , I hope to see one of your ride here in Italy

bobw thanks for see also the motivation :deal
  18. gnuse

gnuse Ride to Fly

Oddometer:
    Amazing journey.

Thank you for allowing us to join you.
  19. greatnortoni

greatnortoni Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congratulations on your journey.
    I would like to say to you Miriam, welcome back! Not back home to Italy but back on the road.
    The road will be calling you back, to travel even farther than before, to areas that you haven't seen.
    Welcome back to many of the places that you have been and welcome back to visit the friends that you have made on your earlier journey, and to the new ones that you will make on your next.
    I look forward to seeing you on your next trip and to say to you in person, welcome back!:feelgood

greatnortoni:norton
  20. MrFurious

MrFurious Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congratulations on fulfilling your dream Miriam!

You overcame a great number of circumstances and situations along the way that would have left many more seasoned/experienced riders calling it quits, but you took it all in stride and never let them beat you. Your drive, tenacity and "never give up" attitude are admirable and will certainly be respected by everyone who has followed along or will read this in the future.

If your travels ever bring you back to the USA, rest assured you will have a place to stay in Ohio and eastern Tennessee if needed.

Hope you get feeling better, and I look forward to following along on any future adventures you may take.