iOS app with turn by turn Nav using GPX?

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Mtraikov, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Mtraikov

Mtraikov Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone, I have sifted through dozens of threads and information and gained a general idea of some of the apps. I currently use ridewithgps, though it works and is nice. I have to add custom cues to create a turn by turn directions to listen via sena which takes up lots of time.

What I basically want is:
    Import a gpx file to the app -> follow it with offline maps -> have turn by turn navigation via audio into my sena.

Will be doing dirt/gravel roads and normal asphalt twisties. I just want to connect all my routes and be told where to go via by sena so I can enjoy.

Is their an App that does that currently? I heard good things of Galileo pro and motionX.

I have used OsmAnd and it looked promising, but is limited on iOS. Maps.me looks promising, but seems too general and mainstream?

Using an iPhone 6.
  2. Moshjack

Moshjack Aprilia Dude

Oddometer:
    Sounds great, I'd like something with similar functionality. Following tracks is one thing, but to have an audio cue when a turn is coming up would be awesome.
  3. HarveyM

HarveyM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't beleive MotionX does turn by turn directions. :(
  4. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Scenic is the best I’ve found, but I have had issues, especially on gravel roads. I’ve learned to use tracks with pocket earth pro. Works much more reliably. No routing, just follow the track. Yes it requires watching the screen, but not a big issue.

Routes are always an issue because the accuracy depends on correct waypoints and no map issues. Rerouting always causes changes.