Iowa City Area peeps...any Tent Space oppty's for next Monday PM (9/2/19?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Cheddarhead, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Cheddarhead

Cheddarhead Perenial Noobie!

Oddometer:
    Pewaukee....Lakes, Rivers, Kettles, and Moraines
    My youngest (String Cheese) will be taking her Oath of Office / being Commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the US Army next Tuesday in Iowa City....as she's been awarded an "Armed Forces" Scholarship to cover her tuition etc at Dental School. (Proud Aged Cheddar moment....)

Thinking of riding out Monday, so as not to make Tuesdays' AM activities too much of a "Crisis"...Better Cheddar has many gifts, but time mgmt. / planning for on-time departures and arrivals isn't always one of these.

Throwing out the question...anybody got Tent Space and / or Couch Surfing Space available for a grumpy old man for Monday PM? There may be (really good) Cheddar Cheese and / or Spotted Cow in it for the right opportunity....

What say you all?
  2. engineman

engineman Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear she made it!! We chatted some in the ROTC thread I posted a few months ago. Mine just took her oath with the Marines down at USF in Tampa last week. I'm 33 miles SW of Iowa City and would be happy to host if you're interested. I've got acres of tent space and could possibly make some room in my daughters room now that she's gone. You'll have 3 miles of gravel to get to my place if that makes a difference. Shoot me a PM if you want to stop by
  3. Cheddarhead

Cheddarhead Perenial Noobie!

Oddometer:
    Pewaukee....Lakes, Rivers, Kettles, and Moraines
    E-Man: Thanks very much for the generous offer. Appears that there will be several of us, so I'm going to cage it out -and- back tomorrow. Very much appreciate your offer, though...and congrats again on the Scholarship for Enginedaughter.