Iowa Roll Call

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by bellbear, Jul 29, 2008.

1. byknphil

byknphil lurker Supporter

Oddometer:
    Signed up for the ADVpalooza and the end of the month. Stars have all almost aligned so I think it's a go. Just need to figure out which steed to shoe for said adventure. What's everyone else riding?
  2. GlobalriderTrev

GlobalriderTrev GlobalADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll be on my one and only GSA. I just put new Shinko 804/805 on it. I think that it could be a bit muddy. Plus the Dirt Orca next weekend could prove to be sloppy too!
    FreeHugger and byknphil like this.
  3. squirrelstyle

squirrelstyle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’ll be on a KLR 650 also strutting on shinkos. Picked up a tusk knobby but there’s a lot of highway riding for me before the bike makes it back to the garage. Was in Missouri near ft leanordwood this weekend and there was a lot of rain on Saturday. Hard to say how muddy it will be at this point
    byknphil likes this.
  4. Peels

Peels Long timer

Oddometer:
    my son and I were just out there yesterday.

That 18 GSA is purrty! Wanna trade it for an RS? same colors(my preferred colors too). lol

JK!(well mostly kidding anyways).

great pic.
    biglew55 likes this.
  5. jjustj

jjustj Long timer

Oddometer:
    Back in Colorado. Cedaredge or delta or.....
  6. GlobalriderTrev

Oddometer:
    Getting geared up for my 4th Adventure Palooza. Riding with a couple out of Erie, Kansas. We placed 1st last year on the Western Track. We are riding the SE track out of Wappallo, Mo. We are the "C-19 Palooza Pirates." We have Drew aka @squirrelstyle joining us. I see there are a number of fellow Iowa Roll Call riders that have registered. See you in Mexico, Missouri that is.
    C19 Palooza Pirate.jpg
    rizzo27 likes this.
  7. Krons

Krons Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dirt Orcas looks like it was rough this year!
    :lol3
  8. GlobalriderTrev

Oddometer:
    Yes, very dusty from my mirrors. Glad Paul asked me to lead the 2 nd group.
    FreeHugger, squirrelstyle and Krons like this.
  9. Orangecicle

Orangecicle On a "Quest" Supporter

Oddometer:
    The daughter and I were out Sunday on a photo expedition, and we went part the way down 225th trail east of Winterset. We didn't go past this point. Looks like I'll need to come back on two wheels to see how the rest of it looks.

[​IMG]
    ZLTFUL, engineman and Krons like this.
  10. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer:
    That looks WAY better than it did the last time you and I were there (see profile picture for a reminder). :jack
  11. ross

ross Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Due to a last minute change in plans my wife and I are going to head to the Pure stodge rally today, in Elkader. Don't know if anyone from here may be going.
  12. GlobalriderTrev

Oddometer:
    I'm back from my 4th Adventure Palooza and able to say it was a great time. The last 3 years I rode with a couple from Kansas (Tim & Lori Z), this year Drew H., aka @squirrelstyle joined our merry band of pirates. C-19 Palooza Pirates that is. We rode the SE track that left from Wappapelo Lake, Mo. It was a track of 380 miles of off road awesomeness, some black diamond hills, and boulder (3", 4" & 5" rocks) filled hill climbs. The C-19 Palooza Pirates pilfered and plundered enough of the Goose Chase scavenger hunt points to be awarded the First place place ahead of the 18 other teams or solo riders on the SE trail. Of the many scavenger hunt goals was to take scenic, interesting and funny pictures along the way. We managed to catch the eye of the organizers to earn the "Best Photo" award. If you haven't been to the Adventure Palooza, start gathering a team for next year!!!

IMG_1794.jpg IMG_1798.jpg IMG_1783.JPG IMG_1797.jpg
    holligl, kleinergti1, rizzo27 and 5 others like this.
  13. biglew55

biglew55 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had an invite for an impromptu trip to Colorado last week. Still trying to get the GSA set up for long distance, but it was a great trip none the less. 20210923_142454.jpg 20210923_143335.jpg 20210924_111458.jpg 20210924_154235.jpg 20210924_181930_001.jpg 20210924_181921.jpg
  14. davepen

davepen Just put your damned city in your profile.

Oddometer:
    I was at Elkader. It was a great time.
    32dgrz likes this.
  15. ross

ross Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We had a great time too. Sunday was a beautiful day to ride the Great River road then stopped for lunch in Lanesboro, Mn before heading home
  16. GlobalriderTrev

Oddometer:
    This is not my video, but it gives you a great look at what riding the Adventure Palooza is like. I believe this was the Southwest track. The end has some good drone footage of the ranch where we all ended up at on Saturday evening. My little red Ranger can be seen aboug 10:30"
  17. GlobalriderTrev

Oddometer:
    Here is another video from this year's Palooza. This is the SE route that we did. You can fast forward over the narration to 4:30 where the ride starts. At 9:30 you can see the big puddle that Tim got stalled in and Tim working on his bike. 10:20 is a shot of a rocky assent. Fun stuff!!!

18. davepen

davepen Just put your damned city in your profile.

Oddometer:
    That looks like so much fun...I'm curious. Were the locked gate and Jersey barriers a known issue? I thought these rides were curated by the organizers? Was that just part of the challenge?
  19. GlobalriderTrev

Oddometer:
    Hey Dave,
    The fence/locked gate that was in the video the guys were talking about we came across too. It was the county? / State barricading the easement along the powerline. The Jersey barriers I don’t know where they came across those. The situation is, that the organizers are on the tracks starting next month in November as late as May next spring. They don’t know what happens between after they run the track and when we ride the track in September. That’s why we call it adventure riding!
    davepen likes this.
  20. sporthog93

sporthog93 Sporthog93

Oddometer:
    www.cycletech.co
    Oct. 16
    Cycle Tech, The Rider's Edge
    Beta Demo Day, OCT. 16, 2021
    ph. 641-632-8201
    ⦁ Location 12607 Eagle Drive, Selma Iowa 52588 , at district 22 race location (Oct. 17).
    ⦁ Demonstration motorcycles available- Crosstrainer, 200RR, 250RR, 300 Race Edition, 350 Race Edition, 390RS, 430 RS, 500 RS
    ⦁ Pre registration on facebook the first 35 participants to pre register gets a free Beta hat.
    ⦁ must be 18 or older, sign a waiver, and wear proper riding gear, helmet and boots.
    we will be accepting deposits for new motorcycles with an incentive added, so come prepared for a great day and an opportunity!!!!!
    ⦁ excessive rain location, at the Cycle Tech shop, 3136 268th St. Fremont
    Fallacy likes this.